“Deceiving” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium

You added Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   211 N 1st Street, Nashville, TN 37213 (Formerly Hotel Premier)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #46 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
“Deceiving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was happy to find a Clarion so close to everything in Nashville. But I was very disappointed with the hotel. First, it is newly renovated. But the problem is it was a rundown hotel before, and still looks like on on the outside. Second, they make it seem like it's downtown where everything is happening. But it's across the river & right in a bad part of town. Horrible location. As far as the room, it was decent. Like I said, it's newly renovated. So it wasn't bad. Pretty clean. Comfortable. Only problem I had with the room was that the first 5 minutes of my shower was in freezing cold water. It eventually turned hot. Not sure what the cause was. Basically the location was a big enough reason for me to say never again. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Clinton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The front desk staff was friendly when we arrived. Check in went smoothly, as did check out.

Our room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and updated. All amenities in the room worked. I unplugged the alarm clock for the outlet, but i can't expect hotels to update their electrical systems without increasing costs. We travel with an adapter that allows us to plug in 4 electronics if we want.

Yes, it is an older hotel, but they are updating it. Shuttle service was friendly. We also took a cab and he was prompt and friendly.

We felt the rates, hotel and staff were acceptable and we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayesville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had an excellent stay at the Clarion Easter weekend. The hotel was in very god condition and check inn was quick and easy. The hotel is very close to downtown and they also provide a free shuttle service downtown that runs every hour until 8pm a cheap $7.00 cab ride will get you back. The rates were very reasonable compared to other hotels downtown and I would stay there again. Rooms were clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Batesville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here using our comfort rewards points. I was very nervous after reading the reviews on this hotel, but decided to stay anyway.
Hotel has received a nice face lift recently and I have to say our room was nicely updated. Fridge, micro, and a coffee pot for two.
Breakfast was the normal hot breakfast.
Bed was very comfortable and the curtains kept the light out very well. Didn't keep the train horn out tho...
If there was a negative for us it was the thin walls that allow you to hear other rooms and the shuttle supposedly only running to Broadway once an hour on the hour. We walked to Broadway and caught the driver heading back from downtown about 20 minutes earlier that we were told at the desk.
All in all it was a very nice hotel that served its purpose. It's not as close to downtown as we like but a 20 minute walk in nice weather was good. I think if you are ok with not being downtown you should give it a try it.

Stayed April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place is a dump. I guess they just competed a remodel which is nice, the elevator doors look like they were rescued from Cabrini Green. Our bed had a plastic sheet underneath the fitted sheet, which was annoying because it made a noise every time we rolled over. I called the front desk to ask why it was there and they said "for our safety" ...creepy. Our friends who also stayed here didn't have a plastic sheet, but they also didn't have air conditioning or cold water either, which is actually worse than not having hot water if you think about it. I paid the same amount to stay in the Bellagio 2 weeks ago, this place is awful.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel was clean and staff were helpful and friendly. There is a well-stocked breakfast every morning and a shuttle that will bring you to/from a couple of different points downtown and that definitely saved us a couple of taxi fares. The lobby area is very nice and there are a couple of tables outside, even more outdoor space wold be nice, but that is really my only suggestion. The hotel is a little off the beaten path, but we felt safe and it is definitely worth it for the price. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HUNTINGBURG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was very scared after reading all the reviews on what I was going to find upon entering this hotel. I don't know what anyone was talking about, this hotel was great and maybe even one of the best decorated hotels I have seen. Clean, huge room (handicap room), very close to downtown and there is a free shuttle. Breakfast was ok, could have had better gravy but the waffles are always great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to be close to downtown but not pay the high price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium? Share your experiences!