“Not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   211 N 1st Street, Nashville, TN 37213 (Formerly Hotel Premier)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #120 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place is a dump. I guess they just competed a remodel which is nice, the elevator doors look like they were rescued from Cabrini Green. Our bed had a plastic sheet underneath the fitted sheet, which was annoying because it made a noise every time we rolled over. I called the front desk to ask why it was there and they said "for our safety" ...creepy. Our friends who also stayed here didn't have a plastic sheet, but they also didn't have air conditioning or cold water either, which is actually worse than not having hot water if you think about it. I paid the same amount to stay in the Bellagio 2 weeks ago, this place is awful.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel was clean and staff were helpful and friendly. There is a well-stocked breakfast every morning and a shuttle that will bring you to/from a couple of different points downtown and that definitely saved us a couple of taxi fares. The lobby area is very nice and there are a couple of tables outside, even more outdoor space wold be nice, but that is really my only suggestion. The hotel is a little off the beaten path, but we felt safe and it is definitely worth it for the price. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HUNTINGBURG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was very scared after reading all the reviews on what I was going to find upon entering this hotel. I don't know what anyone was talking about, this hotel was great and maybe even one of the best decorated hotels I have seen. Clean, huge room (handicap room), very close to downtown and there is a free shuttle. Breakfast was ok, could have had better gravy but the waffles are always great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to be close to downtown but not pay the high price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Spring City, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was in town on business and stayed two nights. Everything was pretty average and no complaints other than the lobby looked like it had been decorated by someone on acid. That is until I checked out , drove two and half hours to home and began unloading my vehicle. That's when I discovered I had left a satchel containing my laptop, Kindle Fire and other items containing my personal information. I immediately called and spoke with the front desk manager. I explained that I had left my laptop and case in the room and exactly where it was sitting. He said he would go to the room and look and call me back. After 30 minutes I called back and the desk manager answered. He said he was busy and hadn't had time. I told him the computer contained personal information, credit card info, bank statements, a wealth of info for a would be Identity thief. He then took an attitude and said he was very busy and "would get to it when he would get to it". I then called the corporate customer relations number and explain the situation. They put me on hold and called the hotel. The CR person said the desk mgr pretty much gave him attitude and told him the same thing. Two and a half hours later the desk mgr calls me back and said there was nothing left in the room. He said he would keep a lookout for it and watch the cleaning staff as they were leaving. I described the case containing everything, a black nylon Swiss Gear bag. He said "I have one of those too." I thought - Yeah I bet you do now. His tone during our conversation told me he could really care less.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I chose this hotel for its proximity to the city and its cost during a weekend when many others were fully booked. The Clarion was completely renovated this year (2014), but the old bones are still in place. If you have occupants next to your room, you WILL hear every TV and conversational sound from the adjacent rooms.

This hotel is best suited for bachelor/ette parties, game tournament attendees, groups of friends who are in town for fun and who are easy to please (i.e primarily drunk), and for short stays for visitors needing not much more than a shower and bed.

This hotel is UNsuitable for children (particularly when weekender partiers are present), longer term stays where cleanliness/comfort are appreciated, those needed lots of in-room rest or work time, honeymooners or romantic getaway seekers, and seniors and class-acts who seek a more mature and well-behaved guest demographic.

Upon entry, I observed a urine stain on the underside of my toilet seat. As another reviewer also indicated, my fresh towels were very damp, and while they may indeed be clean, it leaves the impression that they were used to wipe down the bathroom and re-fashioned for the next guest.
The location is not walkable to downtown Nashville, but the cab fare is very reasonable (>$10 one way). Some desk attendants were friendly and accommodating, others did not greet or make any offerings of assistance. We did not partake of the inclusive breakfast but one is available.

For my dates and room type, I was able to save $10/night using my AAA card when booking direct from the Clarion website.

The updated decor is trendy, the location is accessible, the hotel is great for quick in-out stays, and parking is free, but if you are not a partier or are bothered by poor acoustics and extra noise, occasionally "gross" housekeeping lapses, and thoroughly 'eye-sore' surrounding neighborhood, then this is not the spot for your trip to Nashville.

Room Tip: An end of hallway room may help cut the noise from one adjoining wall.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
General_M55229, Manager at Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Feedback is always welcomed to improve on things that we need to work on. I do apologize for the issues you had and I will make sure that they have been addressed. I do hope that in your next visit you give the hotel another look as the hotel is improving every day. Thank you again.
Talking Rock, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel (dump) with our 10yr old daughter and others with families as a group. I would not recommend this hotel if you like a clean rooms, working elevators, working ice machines or a good nights rest. If you like hair from the previous guest all over your room, drunks fighting in the hallways all night and staff members whom are clueless and maid service whom is to lazy yo even take your trash out, then you will love it. It is not safe for kids nor anyone whom doesn't want to be harassed by idiots all night. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else in Nashville.

Stayed March 2014
I have read your comments and I thank you for letting me know how you feel. I will take the comments and address them with everyone. Issues will be resolved. Thank you again.
Temple, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I travel 2 weeks out of every month for work, so I've stayed in some really terrible to really amazing places. That said, this was by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at! I'm truely trying to think of something positive to say about them. The staff clearly doesn't care about the people staying there and just want to get off work. The management seems to have no power to do anything. The first room I was in smelled like urine, so i asked to be moved, then had to demand to be moved. Finally got into the 2nd room and the heater did not work and the place was filthy. I really can't stress to anyone that reads this enough: No matter how low the price is, go somewhere else. Even if you have to pay twice as much for a motel 8 that is 30minutes away, do it!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! seriously!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I will take the comments and make sure the issues are resolved.

Been to Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown - Stadium? Share your experiences!