“Good location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good location close to Nashville airport. Airport shuttle takes less than 5 minutes. Rooms are adequate but not fancy. My only complaint is that the front desk people were rude. Both people working the desk when I checked in completely ignored me, and I was give incorrect information on the airport shuttle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was troubled by your comments about the Front Desk staff because we do not condone "rude" behavior by our staff towards anyone. As for our shuttle times, I must apologize if someone with our hotel, or company, provided incorrect information. Our hotel shuttle is on-call 24 hours a day, and runs within a 2 mile radius of the hotel, which includes restaurants, shopping, and the airport. We hope that when you travel to our area in the future, that you will choose the Holiday Inn Express Airport once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ringgold, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Made reservations 3 weeks ago and was informed when I walked in the door tonight that there was an issue with maintenance. Apparently my 2 rooms were released to other guests. I watched as the front desk clerk called Housekeeping to have 2 rooms CLEANED "as soon as possible". I also noticed there were other guests having the same predicament. I was asked to sit in the hotel lobby and wait for Housekeeping to release the rooms. Unfortunately this took about an hour with suitcases in tow. I'm not very happy with this experience and will be contacting Holiday Inn Express Corporate to express my dissatisfaction. I'm a seasoned business traveler, and this is one of my worst customer service experiences. Why should I make reservations in advance if you're just going to give my rooms away?! Not what I wanted to hear after long travel day today.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I was made aware of this issue after the fact and have attempted to reach out to the guest who experienced this imposition. This type of issue is not a common occurrence, but can happen on sold-out night. Unfortunately, in this particular situation, we were ill-prepared and under-staffed. I have offered my sincere apologies to this reviewer and hope that I hear from them directly so I can ensure they are compensated for their inconvenience.

Larry Strachan
Lexington, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport and seems to cater to airport travelers/ airline employees. It has a nice lobby with a fireplace and the breakfast area is spacious.

Rooms are average. Nothing special or great about them. Typical run down carpet, typical bedding and HDTV. Room decor is average.

The layout of this hotel is kind of strange, very long walk to a room if you are on the backside. There are two elevators, but hard to find. I was staying with a big group. I would say 75% of us had to get our room keys redone each day. Seems like a keying problem. If it was a smaller hotel, no big deal... but the walk from the back of the hotel to the front desk was long and irritating.

No luxury here, just a place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Nashville and for taking the time to post a review. As with most Holiday Inn Express hotels in the chain, we offer amenities geared for the business traveler and affordable rates for families on a budget. Our hallway and guest room carpet is only two years old and though it may not make a bold statement, it is certainly clean and in great condition. As for the layout of the hotel, we were designed in a rectangular shape, and a person can get turned around when walking the hallways. Though this reviewer failed to mention our friendly staff and outstanding hot breakfast, I am sure that these contributed to the "Good Stay" they mentioned. We look forward to hosting you and your group again next time when your travels bring you back to Nashville.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have been here a couple of times for work, and both times, the stay was fine. The second time, I was disappointed that there was not a king room available, and they were going to put me in a double room. I asked if that could be changed and they said they had a queen room available. It ended up being a wheelchair accessible room, but that was not a big deal.

The rooms are average, but definitely adequate. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. Wish they had a few more outlets, as I had to move things around to accomodate placing my cell phone dock next to the bed.

It's true that with the layout of the hotel, it can be a bit of a hike to the room from the front desk. But I was able to cut through the meeting room and that made it really quick and easy to get to the lobby.

The first time, they had sandwiches in the cooler at the front desk available for purchase, as well as desserts. It seems they have discontinued that, though; as the second time, there were only salads.

The breakfast is always good, although they don't vary it at all. But, for a free, hot breakfast, I can live with the lack of variety! The breakfast staff is very friendly, as is the staff who took care of our meeting room.

The fireplace in the middle of the lobby/breakfast/lounge area is very nice and makes for a homey feel.

The shuttle drivers were very friendly, and arrived promptly when called from the airport. They also had suggestions on where to eat.

Overall, neither stay was bad at all, and I will be there again next month. I would definitely stay there if traveling to Nashville for pleasure, and wanted to be close to the airport. I'm curious to see if there is anything in their computer that will show that this will be my third stay in less than a year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I was pleased to read this very thorough review of our hotel, services and staff. I was doubly delighted to read that the reviewer has stayed with us twice and plans to return next month for a third visit. As mentioned by the reviewer, we used to offer lots of food choices, and desserts, in our Snack Shop. However, we learned that by simply reducing our inventory, food does not sit in the cooler as long and we are able to offer our late night travelers with fresher choices. As for breakfast, Holiday Inn Express offers the best complimentary breakfast in the city. Our staff alternates between the scrambled eggs and omelets and sausage and bacon, but busier mornings require scrambled eggs to help ease our guests' wait time. Lastly, the wonderful comments about our staff never get old, and I sincerely appreciate the reviewer taking time to recognize our drivers and breakfast staff. We genuinely appreciate the positive review and look forward to his or her return to our hotel next month.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Hotel had a comforting atmosphere right as you walk in the door. The lobby is great with the fireplace in the center of it. The rooms were very clean. The only problems in the rooms I had was the towels were really rough. they do not use softener and pillows had alot of static in them. With it being by the airport it is quiet.The staff was very friendly and accommodating to us. The balcony was a plus. When we got in the elevator it smelled like 2 n1 oil. Great location pretty centrally located to where ever we wanted to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind and honest review of our hotel. One of the many features that sets us apart from our competition is our two-story, glassed-in atrium with the open pit fireplace in the middle. It definitely creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. I was sorry to hear of the linen concerns you experienced, and I will review this with our Laundry department to ensure the linens are not over-dried. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return when your travels bring you back to Nashville.
Jackson, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Hotel and room appeared well kept and clean. I recently stayed at the property on a "Stay and Fly" rate and parked at the hotel. At check-in, the room I was given initially had not been serviced from the previous guest. This was promptly corrected. My major issue was with the shuttle return after a 24 hr travel day on the return. I landed, retrieved my luggage, and called for the shuttle. After 30 min. No shuttle showed. Got tired of waiting and took a taxi to the hotelto see two shuttles sitting at the door. Very poor service in my view.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I was saddened to read of your experience at check-in but was even more troubled about our failure to meet you at the airport for your return ride to retrieve your car. We have a driver scheduled 24 hours a day and though we transport guests anywhere within a two mile radius of the hotel, our primary responsibility should always be to our airport guests. This issue will be reviewed with our Shuttle and Front Desk staffs to ensure this type of miscommunication does not happen to any other guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for this and I genuinely hope you will come back and see us upon your next visit to Nashville.
Beggs, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

These people are so friendly and helpful. We checked in and they were so friendly and helpful. We got to our rooms and really nice & clean. They have a balcony that you can see all around the town, I got sick and needed to go to Wal-Greens and get some medicine and the wonderful bus driver took me to get it so I didn't have to drive. He told us where to eat, what to see, I just can't put into words how helpful and nice this guy was. I would go back and stay in this motel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Larry S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
What wonderful comments! Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel and I was pleased to read that your visit was so positive. We have a very friendly and helpful staff and I am glad that we were able to demonstrate our true southern hospitality. We look forward to welcoming your return when your travels bring you back to Music City, USA!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!