“One of Our Favorites” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Beaufort, SC
“One of Our Favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great atmosphere - - urban chic located in the "Gulch", a relatively newly renovated part of Nashville. Their flatbreads are fantastic as well as their selection of appetizers. A can't miss experience loaded with the young and trendy.

Visited November 2011

Nashville, Tennessee
“I keep going back and I'm not sure why”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

It's probably the convenient location to my office. The food here looks better on the menu than it delivers. The flatbreads are the best bet. The bar is overpriced and servers are very friendly but not operating at a professional level (aspiring songwriters, maybe? They do try hard). Wine-down Wednesday is fun - $20 for 8 tasting pours and an hors d'oeuvre buffet. Valet park for tip - a better deal than the pay-to-park garage.

Visited June 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Food was great, service not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I'd heard many positive things about Urban Flats, and the food definitely did not disappoint. However ... our party of three was seated immediately since we had reservations, but then we had to wait about 15 minutes before a server even said hello, let alone bring glasses of water. It was a fairly busy Sunday afternoon (Mother's Day), but the restaurant was nowhere near being full. When the server finally came to our table, he took our drink orders but rushed away before we could order our food or ask any questions. We placed our orders when he returned -- but then he came back a full 15 minutes later (we still didn't have our salads, btw) to tell us that the kitchen was out of one of the entrees we'd ordered. A new item was selected and the salads finally arrived, then about another 15 minutes later the entrees arrived. There was never any type of explanation or apology offered by the server, and no manager seemed to be anywhere in sight.

I will say the food was AMAZING, and had the service been better I wouldn't hesitate to give an overall "Excellent" rating. The atmosphere is great and the prices are reasonable. Because of these things, I will definitely return in hopes that I just caught the staff on a (very) off day.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
“Pizza with a twist!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Loved the menu selections. Flatbread pizzas, awesome. Pick a flat and pick half a salad, you can't go wrong. There were three of us and everyone chose something different so we could all have a taste of several items. The starter we shared was the flatbread dips. Four spreads with a whole wheat flatbread. Delicious!

Visited April 2012
St. Louis, MO
“Very Mediocre, this place won't last”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I took my wife, collegiate son and his friends to Urban Flats February 11, 2012. The first thing I noticed was the decibel level of the place, it was incredibly LOUD. The floors are concrete and there isn't any baffling devices on the ceiling. What a racket! I did , however, have a very competently made cocktail before being seated and the hostess was marvelous in providing a table for 6.

Unfortunately it went downhill from there. Sevice at this point was slow and indifferent. Out appetizers were decent - the tomato/cheese dip being the best. The flatbread is basically an individual pizza with various toppings. One in our crowd had been there before and asked for extra sauce, a great move because these pizzas, or flatbreadm whatever, were very dry. All of them were so evidently this is an effort to skimp on ingredients? We had to ask for our food, and was told the kitchen was backed up ... the waitress spilled the extra sauce ordered on the member of our party who ordered it .. not an apology to be had.

then I got the wrong bill and had to get that corrected by now an increasingly surly waitress. If you get Leslie ask for someone else.

Given the combination of uninspiring fare and indifferent service I can't see this place lasting long in the very competitive area they are located.

• Visited February 2012