“Great Tour!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 263 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Fontanel Mansion is a 27,000 square foot log home formerly owned by Country Music Hall of Fame(R) member Barbara Mandrell, and is Nashville's only country music mansion tour giving visitors a sneak peek into the lives of country music greats. The home, situated on the 136 acre property, is nestled in the rolling hills of the Whites Creek Valley. With The Inn at Fontanel, the Woods Amphitheater, Pritchard's Distillery the Pepsi Studio Gallery, Cafe Fontanella, Music City Ziplines by Adventure Works, The Trails and Metro Parks Greenway, it is easy to see why Fontanel is becoming one of Nashville's premier destinations. We offer a family and dog friendly atmosphere located just minutes from downtown Nashville in Whites Creek. Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
North East, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I took two teenage girls, 13 and 18 who had no idea who Barbara Mandrell was! Steven, our tour guide, was amazing. He knew so much about the house, the family and the current owners. He took the time to explain to my girls all about Barbara Mandrell and just how popular she was at the time. He made her real to them. Then Barbara's daughter Jamie showed up and took the time to talk to my girls about what it was like growing up there. She was so personable! Steven sang a couple of songs for us during the tour and we all really liked that. Maybe someday we can say we knew him when! It was so nice to be able to touch the things and really get a feel for the house and just a glimpse of what it was like to live there. We finished with lunch at the Cafe Fontanella and our waiter Jamie was so friendly! He sang us a song too! We left there headed for the airport to end our trip and my 13 year old said "we met so many nice people today!" I think if we ever find ourselves in the area again, we will stop back by!

Visited April 2014
Fontanel_Attractions, Manager at Fontanel Mansion, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your day at Fontanel. It is such a compliment to read that you would come back next time you are in Nashville. I am so glad your teenagers had a wonderful time! We appreciate you!

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not as good as expected!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Probably wouldn't go again...they have turned it into more of a museum....not as good as if Barbara Mandrel was still there.

Visited April 2014
I'm sorry you didn't have the greatest experience. We appreciate your time and your review.
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Fontanel Mansion is a must see when in the Nashville area. The tour is amazing and don't forget to stop in at Cafe Fontanella!

Visited April 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your time and business. Come back some day!
chattanooga, tn
49 attraction reviews
“I would like to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I really enjoyed this tour! Our guide, Steven, was so sweet and informative. He did a great job memorizing our names and made us feel right at home. It is nice to go to a museum and be able to touch things or even sit on couches, etc. I also loved that he sang for us. He did an excellent job! I would like to go back again some day. This is definitely a great thing to do while in Nashville. I highly recommend!

Visited April 2014
We do hope that you come back some day and visit us! It seems like you had a wonderful time and I am so happy you enjoyed your visit.
Nashville, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
“Neat place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

You can go kick pack on the lawn and watch a concert. The neat thing about it to me is this is Barbra Mandrells home that she has opened up for all to see

Visited September 2013
I am so glad you enjoy Fontanel. Just to clear things up, Ms. Mandrell sold Fontanel in 2002. She no longer has any ties to the property. Although, it is really cool to be able to see where she lived. We hope to see you this summer at our concerts!

Been to Fontanel Mansion? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Fontanel Mansion, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.