“Back and better than before!” 5 of 5 stars

M-Star Hotel Nashville Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   420 Metroplex Drive, Nashville, TN 37211   |
Ranked #113 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
NY, NY
“Back and better than before!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

As stated in my earlier post- I'd be back if I found myself in Nashville again. Well, over a year later and this time had a 5 star experience! The new owners delivered what they promised- a renovated lobby with a full continental breakfast. The warm waffles were delicious and the to-go pop tarts were a nice touch. The price was still right and in my opinion- I got more than what I paid for!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The staff here is wonderful: courteous, prompt, and friendly. The continental breakfast and free wifi are an added bonus to this hotel with a convenient location and quiet atmosphere. Although located close to the 24 fwy and Harding Pl., this hotel is tucked back off the main thoroughfare and located by a giant thrift shop (which is a nice shopping spot, by the way) and an upscale Japanese restaurant. Down the street is a Sam's Club. This place is within 15 minutes of downtown and even less to Vanderbilt Univ. (where we were visiting).

Room Tip: Rooms by the office are quiet and convenient to the parking lot and pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rossville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

First of all, not sure what the last review is about.. not challenging it, but I certainly didn't see anything resembling bedbugs or anything that would cause disease here.. and if those things were just said to be catty because of other bad experiences, it is totally inappropriate to place that in your review. DO NOT say bedbugs if there are not bedbugs.. you are NOT helping other travelers by doing so.

Ok, anyway. I actually thought the hotel was more than adequate. The location is good albeit a bit noisy, but it isn't in a bad neighborhood at all. The prices here are very low, so expecting much out of the breakfast is a little unrealistic. The breakfast wasn't overwhelming, but they do have cereal and the waffle maker and a few other options.. they don't have to provide that, so when I have a really low room rate, I appreciate it being there.

I found the desk clerk to be extremely nice and helpful.. no issues there whatsoever, and they let me check in a little early.

The rooms are small and decor is dated, but there was a microwave and fridge in the room, though they leave them unplugged.. both worked when plugged in. My biggest complaint would be the A/C system, which is cold enough but just incredibly noisy and would sometimes make random sounds that would be quite jarring. At night it wasn't so bad as it helped drown out the outside noise, but it could be a little quieter.

Pool looked nice, but I didn't have a chance to use it.

Overall, for the price and the fact this isn't located in a bad neighborhood like a lot of other budget Nashville hotels, this is going to be my location of choice for quick Nashville stays in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

wow. just wow. this place is clean.. yes.. location.. meh, its not bad, right near the interstate. contitental breakfast? no thanks, i'll pass on the concrete poptarts and aging milk. the service is terrible. REFUSED my deposit for a single cigarette butt on the floor and a pizza box on the table. the manager was constantly hassling us about other rooms that were having other people (who, might i add, are wonderful people if by wonderful people you mean hookers and alcoholics) when our door had not EVEN OPENED since we came inside. its ridiculous. you couldnt pay me to stay here again. enjoy the police sirens and infectious diseases, nevermind bed bugs. oh and the belittlement by employees. they'll make you feel like a class A citizen.

• Stayed July 2012
MStarNashville, Public Relations Manager at M-Star Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We are sorry that you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel and would appreciate the opportunity to address some of your concerns. First, regarding our breakfast, we assure you that the milk was not aged. We strictly follow all health codes and have a 100 rating from the health department. We are a budget hotel and try our best to provide a basic breakfast, which includes an assortment of cereal, donuts, toast, packaged pop-tarts (for customers on the go), and a hot waffle station. We also provide orange juice, apple juice, milk and coffee. You will be hard pressed to find a better breakfast at our rates!

Secondly, and to clarify, we only require a room deposit for our weekly customers; daily guests are not required to give a deposit. I apologize if you felt hassled by our Manager during your stay. We try to run a safe and secure property and look for and address suspicious behavior (high traffic in rooms) as quickly as possible. It is possible that he mistakenly thought your room had the high traffic, for which we apologize.

Finally, we take the accusation of "bed bugs and infectious diseases" very seriously. You yourself stated that the property was clean, and then accuse it of having bed bugs and infectious diseases? We assure you that providing a clean and comfortable environment is our highest priority and all of our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. If you have a concern about the cleanliness of a room, we would appreciate you bringing it to our attention during your stay so we can address it immediately and provide the room you deserve.
Atlantic City , NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night of the CMA awards, and it has excellent service and one amazing waffle maker. I was going to take a taxi downtown to go bar hopping and ended up meeting 3 people going to the concert with an extra pass!! The people in this city are very nice and everywhere I went I had a great time definitly going to do this again!!

• Stayed June 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I just stayed at the M-Star Airport Hotel over the first weekend in March. I was doing a quick business trip to town, and needed an affordable hotel near the airport. M-Star far exceeded my expectations. Not only was the price very reasonable, but they had clean rooms and good wifi. I must have missed it when booking, but all rooms came with a continental breakfast in the hotel lobby that was surprisingly good.

When I checked in, the front desk guy was a pretty friendly guy who even pointed out how I could get into town if I wanted to go out for the night. I saw the manager on Saturday during breakfast - he seemed like a fairly sociable guy as well...overall pretty friendly staff

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

The only positive thing I have to say about this hotel is the location to the airport. The hotel is about a 5-10 minute drive from the airport which is convenient. When checking into the hotel, it was later in the evening since we had a late flight into Nashville. We got to the hotel and I was not allowed into the “lobby” of the building but rather did all my dealings from outside threw a bank teller style glass. The manager also stated he did not have my reservation even though I had confirmation numbers. Once that was resolved, the wrong number of nights was listed. While I was standing outside I was able to see the “breakfast area” which looked to be a few chairs and a vending machine, again not what was expected or advertised. We kept giving this place the benefit of the doubt and proceeded to our room. We got into our room to find it very dirty and the bathroom floor was sticky. The bath towels also did not look very clean. We were in the room for about 3 minutes and immediately started calling other hotels for rooms. Also, being right off the interstate/expressway it was not very well-lite and felt unsafe.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
MStarNashville, Public Relations Manager at M-Star Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear Colleen,

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for any issues we may have had accessing your reservation; we are at the mercy of our various booking channels and do our best to make the reservation process as easy as possible for our guests. Please consider making your booking directly with us by telephone next time so we can assure that your reservation details are correct and properly received. Our complimentary breakfast is set up each morning at 7am and includes cereal, donuts, toast with butter and jam, pop-tarts, bagels, milk, orange juice, and apple juice - you would not have seen this at night as it is only set up and available during breakfast hours. We will also be introducing Belgian Waffles to our breakfast soon! It is unacceptable that your room was not clean and we would have happily moved you to a new room meeting your standards if we had been given the opportunity to do so. Please do know that we take security at the hotel very seriously and the entire property is under 24 hour video surveillance. Again - we wish you had a better experience with us, and would welcome the chance next time to show you that we truly value our guests' satisfaction!

RJ

Been to M-Star Hotel Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!