“Great Thai. Spotless. Thoughtful decor.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Description: opened in Nashville this year
Description: opened in Nashville this year
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Thai. Spotless. Thoughtful decor.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure how new the place is but everything, including semi open kitchen, looks brand-new clean, tastefully decorated, and comfomfortable..
Food was fantastic and plenty of choices.
Atmosphere (this weekday lunch) was very laid-back...in a good way; except, it was odd how no one on staff, including the owner, seemed tuned in to the ancient tradition of acknowledging your guests.Believe me, in the end, the clean, colorful atmosphere, excellent food and good service, once we got started, made my party of four's experience a solid 5.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ordered take out from Smiling Elephant while in Nashville the other week after reading rave reviews about it on TripAdvisor and Yelp. Reviews, thankfully, did not disappoint. We ordered the pad thai and pad see eww - both were delicious, fresh, and best of all unlike the saucey Americanized thai that one often encounters. I definitely will return upon my next trip to Nashville!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Blandest Thai Ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I love Thai food and eat it regularly. This is like no Thai food we've ever had and not in a good way. My kids had Pad Thai, which they found bland. When a 7 & 10 year old think food is bland it is really bland. I had the Pad Kee Mao, which is my favorite Thai dish, but it was also bland. I like my Thai food spicy but this had no heat and really very little flavor. My husband had curry chicken, which was also bland.

Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have been meaning to try it out for some time now and just have not had the chance or thought about it. We made a point to have dinner Saturday night and it was the best I have every had. Our server was amazing and very delightful. This is by far the best Thai I have had in Nashville! If you have not been you should make a point of it and go!

• Visited June 2013
Las Vegas, NV
“Smiling Elephant = Smiling Customers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've been to here a couple times. The Pad Thai is delicious and truly authentic; it's the best I've ever had. My Mom who doesn't even like Thai food enjoyed her meal. The place is small however, so I would not recommend going with a group larger than 4. Expect a wait but it will be well worth it. You'll be smiling from the moment you enter! From trunk to toe!

• Visited May 2013