“Delicious breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 417 Union

417 Union
417 Union St, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)
(615) 401-7241
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We loved our breakfast at this great restaurant. I had the breakfast quesadilla and added Portobello mushrooms per the advice of our server Eric. It was amazing; the eggs were cooked perfectly with the right amount of cheese and it was not greasy at all. The Portobellos really made it better. I loved the potatoes that came with it. My husband had the Prime rib hash which he practically licked off the plate. Again Eric steered him in this direction and my husband was so happy. It came with a wonderful piece of wheatberry toast. Eric was terrific and kept our coffee and water filled. Wish I was in Nashville more!

Maryville, Tennessee
“Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We selected 417 Union because of the variety of the menu. My wife and I both ordered hash and eggs. She had the Prime Rib Hash and I had the Corned Beef Hash. Both were served as heaping helpings on a platter! And they were both delicious. We arrived early Sunday morning and the service was excellent. It is a little on the pricey side, but you get excellent food, a lot of food, and excellent service. That makes it well worth the price!

Lowell, Massachusetts
“Great Overall Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Dining is truly a total experience and we seek different things at different times. We went to 417 Union for a casual dinner and found ourselves in an absolutely delightful old fashioned restaurant with menu and setting designed to take you back to the 1940s WW II era. They did not disappoint!!!! Food was very good and happily nostalgic (think comfort food), service was prompt, courteous and very friendly in a homey kind of way. Prices were excellent too. Seldom have we been to a place that made us feel more comfortable and at home, a very nice feeling when you are traveling! You definitely get the sense that this is exactly the kind of neighborhood place your parents or grandparents went to when they went out. Great WW II memorabilia on walls is worth a trip all by itself! Wish we had a place like this in the Boston area!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“One of the best breakfasts in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am a downtown Nashville resident and I eat here often. One of the best things that I like is Breakfast all day every day. Ralph the chef makes one of the meanest omelettes around. Fresh, hot and superb. I would send anyone that asks to this restaurant for a home style meal.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My fiance and I were downtown dropping his mother off at Baptist hospital and found ourselves starving. We really wanted some great breakfast and opted to try 417 Union after seeing their great reviews on tripadvisor and Yelp. Parking is not convenient anywhere downtown but we were able to score a great parallel metered spot right outside the doors on Union. The ambiance of the restaurant is really nice with brick walls, old-timey bar with oak and a diner-like feel. There are WWII Nashville newspapers framed up front that you need to check out if you're from Nashville (or into Nashville history). We quickly ordered from their breakfast menu (served all day). My fiance got the french toast and I got blueberry pancakes. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you it was the best breakfast I've ever had. My fiance said that same thing. The pancakes are big, fluffy and amazing. It came with fresh fruit and delicious syrup. Everything was reasonably priced and came out quickly. We will definitely be braving Nashville traffic and parking to eat here again.

• Visited December 2013