“A new favorite in a favorite city!” 5 of 5 stars

Nashville Showboat Lunch or Dinner Cruise
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The General Jackson(R) is a unique 300-ft paddle wheel showboat that cruises the Cumberland River w/ views of the Nashville skyline. Enjoy live entertainment along with a delicious meal and a cruise that you can't get anywhere else. Holiday shows begin mid-November, and special event cruises are scheduled throughout the year, including Valentine's Day, Fourth of July and New Year's Eve. Docking is located on the banks of the Cumberland River on the back side of Opry Mills Mall.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Brady, TX, USA
7 attraction reviews
“A new favorite in a favorite city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've been travelling to Nashville since I was a little girl, and it has always been a very special city to me. On this trip, we had the very special opportunity to cruise down the Cumberland River on the General Jackson. It was a beautiful October evening, and the evening started with live entertainment on a top deck. We opted for appetizers and the balcony for the live show which follows. The other option is a complete dinner in front of the stage. This grandmother was like a little kid running to the back to watch the huge paddlewheel, the lights of downtown Nashville as we approached, and the excitement of passing under the bridges. Then the live show began showcasing the music of Tennessee - gospel, bluegrass, soul, Elvis rock, and of course, country. The performers were very talented and put on a great show. I highly recommend the General Jackson cruise for a special evening and memories of a trip to Music city!

Clayton, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
“Over Rated for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Have been to Nashville several times to the Opry but had never done the General Jackson.If your a couple,I hope your very social because if you want main floor seats you will be seated with 6 more people at a table. My wife and I were seated with 3 doctors and their wives. All we heard was about their trips to Europe and Scotland.The prime rib was okay but the sides tasted like leftovers from the previous day. The strawberry short cake was so dry and stale I didn't eat it. The show was OK.We went to one of the clubs afterwards and met a guy who had played on the Jackson for 20 years. They need him back.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
“Great show and company.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a great way to spend your evening. When you arrive you have your photograph taken in front of the boat which is a nice keepsake and cheaper than usual at 20 bucks for 1 8x10 and 2 6x4 (approximate size)photographs in a booklet.

We climbed aboard and went up to the open deck where we enjoyed a slow dance to some great country live music. I think we were the only dancing but everyone seemed to be enjoying the music.

We had 2 beers @ 13.50 each gulp.

After about 20 minutes we were called to dinner which was 3 courses and very nice. We had a salad to start followed by a huge stake and a simple strawberry cake dessert.

The show was fantastic. It was basically the history of country in a musical and covered all the major artist who influenced music from the appellations to modern day.

I should mention that we were at a table with 3 lovely couples who were all very welcoming. We were the only couple at our table who were not American and they really fussed over us making us feel right at home.

A must if you go to Nashville.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 attraction reviews
“Nice way to spend an afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

While visiting Nashville in late September , my wife and I took in the General Jackson Riverboat lunch cruise , the food was good , , for a buffet , , , the show was great , , , that was some good picking , world class musicians . who really like what they do ! After the show in the main dining room was over there was more music on the upper deck , , again very talented musicians . We had a really good time and would do it again , , , Kinda Corny but FUN !

Visited September 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
9 attraction reviews
“If you don't mind spending the money.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had the opportunity to catch the dinner show thanks to the company that brought me to Nashville. Since the boat was rented for a private party, we didn't have the usually offered menu. The band that was playing while we were waiting for dinner was very entertaining. I was a little disappointed that dinner had to be eaten inside. Had I not gone outside in between the meal and the show, I would have missed the beautiful sights of downtown Nashville at night. The show was phenomenal. Great job by the performers. I'm sure they've done the show hundreds of times, but they still appear to be enjoying themselves. Be sure to head to the back of the boat before you get back to the dock to watch the paddle!!