“Great location walking distance to Broadway Sreet.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Nashville

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo Nashville to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Nashville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Great location walking distance to Broadway Sreet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay if wanting to stay close to Nashville's night life.Everything is within walking distance. However curtains in room didn't keep light out and ac didn't cool room.Have stayed here before without these problems.

• Stayed September 2013
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed it. We will be sure to follow up with the AC and curtain you mentioned to make sure they are fixed for the next guest. We really appreciate it. Hope to see you in Nashville again soon.

461 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

When I made the reservation I specifically asked if there was secured parking, a valet that was able to drive our motorcycle, and how close to the "strip". When I arrived I found out that the "secure" parking is the public garage behind the hotel, which is an additional $20 per day. When I finally stopped having my temper tantrum I checked into the room that was less than what I expected. Reminded me of a hospital room. Concrete floors, VERY small, NO view, and no place to put our clothes. When I called to complain and explain that I was told upon my reservation certain things, I was told they were expecting me in the lobby to "check me out of my hospital room". lol What a joke. On a positive note, the staff was very friendly (to my face) and tried to talk me out of leaving the hotel.

Room Tip: I left there and went to the hilton for $30 more and got a suite! Look up the Hilton Downtown.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding your motorcycle and central reservations. We are visiting their offices this week to do a presentation and will be sure to bring it up. It is comments and suggestions such as yours that help us to continue to get better each and every day. Thank you again for your comments.
Lund, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

First impression of the hotel was was positive. Unfortunately the overall condition of the furniture in the room was not the best possible and at least the working chair in my room should be replaced or repaired (can be just my room though). Also the closet was apparently assembled in haste and some of the drawers where really difficult to open.The bed and pillows were good and I slept well. There was some noises from the corridor so the sound isolation is not best possible. For me it didn't matter as I won't wake up so easily, but those who's sleep is interrupted easily need to ask room in the end of a corridor or other more silent place.

Service in the hotel was good. I had forgotten my travel adaptor home and when I found the right person to ask in the reception I could borrow one. Some education for all receptionists would be in place as it was only one out of the four persons I asked who knew where they had travel adaptors. Also service in the restaurant was fast and friendly.

In my opinion the best thing about this hotel was the restaurant. Oatmeal breakfast was really good an after a day of hard work it was nice to relax, have a beer and listen to some new talents that are trying to make it in he Nashville music scene. There was live acoustic music available every night and I think that the height and the form of room suit really nicely for playing acoustic music.

So all in all, good value for money and a good and safe choice for accommodation. From all the hotels I've been to Indigo in Nashville is not sticking out - not in the good nor in the bad. I'll remember the oatmeal breakfast when I next time have the standard breakfast buffet somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We were happy to see you enjoyed the restaurant and the overall service of the hotel. We do have some newer staff at the front desk so, we will make sure we get them all up to speed right away on the location of those adaptors you mentioned. Thank you again for taking the time to share with us.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

There is a lot to like about this hotel; great breakfast, nice renovation of the building, overall friendly staff. but there was a lack of communication about a couple of things. . I guided a group from Sweden last week to Nashville last week and we stayed here. The rooms were booked by the Swedish group leader. He assured me that everything was paid for. At check in I was told that a $50 charge per room for incidental expenses would be deducted via our credit cards. Second, we parked at the hotel entrance on Union Street and were met by the valet guys. they helped unload the van. Problem is that the van unloads from the passenger side. We unloaded ourselves and the luggage directly into traffic. This is potentially very dangerous. On our last day I asked one of the guys about where to park. He said that I could park inside the garage which accessed from Third Avenue and enter the hotel from that door. Please tell any future travel groups, especially international groups, to use the Third Avenue garage entrance--or you are risking a .tragic accident on Union Street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and for staying with us at the Hotel Indigo. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share some of your communication pointers with our staff and sales team to make sure we are always on the same page here. Also, just to ease your mind the $50 is just a hold for incidentals and not actually a charge. The hold is released after checkout so, you should see that shortly. Thank you again for staying with us and for communicating some great feedback. We hope to see you in Nashville again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband & I stayed here one night while he was traveling for work. We had a corner room with lots of windows. The room was nice & the bed was super cozy & big with lots of pillows. I slept great. Everything was clean & loved the AVEDA products in the bath. My only complaint is that there was only a mirror in the bathroom & it would have been helpful to have one somewhere else when we were both getting ready. Also, there is no fan to de-fog the bathroom after a shower. We had drinks at the bar in the lobby the night before & they were pricey (of course) but good service. Overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were glad to see you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in Nashville the next time you are in town. Thank you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Good clean hotel with just some small things missing.

We had booked a standard room but when we arrived we were told they where over booked and we had been upgraded to the pent house! Amazing views, large suit with a poker room, conference/dining room and a fully functioning kitchen, decor is old fashioned and I think it would have been great if there was more than just the 2 of us and we were here for more than 1 night.
Staff were all great.

Small details were missing though like the bed was really soft, there was a jucuzzi bath but no bath foam (just a bar of soap!) shampoo in the shower but no conditioner or shower gel! No complimentary water, couldn't find the mini bar etc.

It was great to experience an upgrade and a pent house, but I wouldn't have been happy if I had actually paid for that room with the little attention to detail!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you staying with us. We hope to see you again in Nashville and at the Hotel Indigo.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved everything about this great hotel. The bartender was right on it and check in was a breeze. The rooms are very unique and beds were great. The breakfast is something you should not miss even if you are not a breakfast eater, you will love it...Cannot imagine ant downtown hotel that would be any better..will be back for sure....

Room Tip: You might ask for a city view if that is something you care about..our room faced rooftops of other...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are back in Nashville we hope to see you at the Hotel Indigo. Thanks again.

Been to Hotel Indigo Nashville? Share your experiences!