“Great Location & Great Rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Nashville

You added Hotel Indigo Nashville to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Nashville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #32 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Florence, Alabama
“Great Location & Great Rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Hotel Indigo for just one night while we were in town to see Beyonce. We really enjoyed our stay. The actual building itself is very old, but has a lot of charm. Once you step inside you'll find that the furnishings are up to date and very unique. Due to the location of the entrance of the hotel, unless you park in a parking deck, I assume you must valet park. I chose to valet for the convenience and the price was very reasonable. The entire staff was quite helpful. The location was great and it only took us around 10 minutes to walk to anywhere we wanted to go.

My favorite part of the hotel was the room. We stayed in a King bed unit and it was fantastic! The rooms have some type of tile flooring, as opposed to carpet, which I liked because you just never know what has been soaked into hotel carpet. The view was great and the AC unit worked very well. The bathroom was amazing. I could see how it might feel a little cramped to some people, but given the age of the building, I think they made the best of the space they had. The walk-in shower was VERY large and VERY well lit. That is always a plus for me.

That brings me to my only complaint. There was no shower door. This wouldn't have been a problem if not for location of the shower head. Water will splash into the floor, so make sure to put a towel down before you get in. Of course I tried to turn the shower head in the opposite direction, but it barely helped. This is not a deal breaker for me, but it did make us short a towel right off the bat.

Also, and I don't know that you could call this a complaint but, we were woken up around 9am on check out day by someone trying to get into our room. I couldn't get to the hall fast enough to see who it was, but they did not knock and I can't imagine a maid would come by so early before checkout. I mentioned it to the desk clerks as we were checking out. They appeared to write down what I was telling them, and they seemed a little confused. They thanked me for telling them but offered no explanation, which leads me to believe that it wasn't a maid. Not a complaint, but just a reminder to always keep your doors locked, regardless of where you stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 502 and I would recommend it to anyone. I have heard that the corner rooms are ver...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Duluth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The location in downtown Nashville is great, the rooms are clean and trendy, the staff is friendly, the Aveda toiletries are top-notch, the free wifi is fast and easy, the restaurant/bar/lounge area is awesome - these are the reasons we stay at an Indigo when possible, and this Indigo was great in these respects.

However, in some key respects I don't feel this Indigo is up to par with other Indigo experiences we've had in Asheville NC and Athens, GA:

- Parking comes at a significant cost. If I recall correctly, valet parking is $22/night. Self-park is $16/night. All self-park options require schlepping bags up/down stairs. There is no covered checkin/load/unload area at ground level.

- The room was incredibly noisy - a wide gap under the room door meant a lot of sound and light came into he room at night, plus the walls seem very thin ( we could hear entire conversations of the folks in the next room). The a/c unit was really loud.

- The check in experience was spotty: while the folks at the door and desk were friendly, they gave poor direction regarding parking cost and options, and poor direction about how to get up to our room. We ended up in a baffling situation where we're in an elevator that has a button for our floor but won't actually take us to that floor... we finally learned from a maid that that there was a second, unsecured elevator on the other side of a WALL that is used to get to our room and floor.

This Indigo just isn't quite up to par with other Indigo hotels we've stayed in - Asheville, Athens - and not an experience (especially the loud/thin-walled rooms) we expected at $250+ a night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear webwench,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked our location and found the rooms clean and the staff friendly, but regret we fell short of your expectations. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Although we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations, we hope you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
ooky57
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

In addition to simply being a sleek and classy hotel with large beautiful rooms, an amazing shower, comfortable beds, etc and proximity to major attractions (waking distance to the honky tonks and downtown) we had the most polite and helpful staff, especially Kevin the concierge, who gave us many suggestions for places to eat, hear music, etc. Would come back in a heartbeat. A tip -- it also pays to have valet service for a few extra dollars since we only needed the car one or twice during our stay and the car was there for us when we needed it, no worries.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the great review and for choosing to stay with us in Nashville. We hope you will be back again soon!
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms were very spacious, clean and with a hip, eclectic decor. Shower only- no tub in my room- the shower was exceptional. Beds were very comfortable . Great bar downstairs and terrific sushi/ japanese steak house in bldg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We frequently find ourselves at the Hotel Indigo in various places we travel. This one was located right in the heart of Nashville, so we didn't need a rental car or public transportation--other than the bus for our Studio B Tour.

Our room was spacious, clean and inviting, and we had a fantastic view.

There was a really nice restaurant in the hotel, and we visited it every morning for coffee nd/or breakfast.

The people there were helpful and friendly, and we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I hope you enjoyed Studio B. It was definitely a favorite place to see on my list my first time to Nashville. We hope to see you again soon at the Hotel Indigo Nashville!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Indigo hotel in Nashville was very enjoyable to stay in. The room was fantastic, very clean and the shower was particularly enjoyable (coming off a bit of a road-trip it was just what we needed before a night out exploring Nashville). The location was also great, close enough to walk to bars, restaurants etc. but still in a fairly quiet area. Would definitely stay again if we're in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back in Nashville soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Indigo in Downtown Nashville for one night with my family. The room was modern and comfortable. The staff at the front desk, Blake, was very accommodating trying to find a room that adjoined with another room so that my parents could stay with my child while he was sleeping. Everyone had a great stay.

The restaurant staff was also very accommodating, and while I normally do not eat a hotel restaurants, the food was extremely good. Dinner and breakfast were both very impressive. And, you even get a feel for the local scene, as local singer/songwriters perform regularly here.

The location of Hotel Indigo also could not be beat. Walking distance to downtown sights and restaurants.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We always try to do our best to accommodate our guest the best we can and I am glad Blake was able to do so. While I am partial, I do love our food too! The French toast and our Hamburger are a must try!