“Would Stay There Again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Nashville

You added Hotel Indigo Nashville to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Nashville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #32 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Denver, Colorado
“Would Stay There Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a nice hotel. We had an Executive King room on the SW corner of the 13th floor. We checked in around 3:00. Shane was our very friendly valet. The room was clean and quiet. Bed was really comfortable. We never heard any construction - only minimal noise from the hallway or adjoining room. The location is within walking distance (3 blocks) of Broadway. We wrapped up the night at Bourbon Blues in Printers Alley so it was a short walk back. I noticed a food tray in the hallway from the afternoon was still there the next morning but that's not high on my list of concerns at a hotel. We had an incredible breakfast - my wife had the french toast and I had the best omelette ever. I recommend you choose the breakfast deal when you book your room. Oh, and the shower is making me consider changing out our shower head at home. It unleashed a torrent of water.

Room Tip: SW corner was fairly quiet. Book with the breakfast deal.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments! I will be sure to follow up on the tray situation with my staff but, I am so happy you had a great stay. We love the Bourbon Street Boogie Bar. They are a great neighbor and are so close for our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My friend and I came up for a quick little night on the town for his birthday. I thought it might be fun to stay at the Indigo, since I had heard awesome things about it, and it was definitely an awesome decision.
First off, the gem of this hotel is their front desk staff. Hollie checked us in and made real conversation with us. Definitely a friendly attitude! Later in the evening, we asked where we might find some snacks (it was about 10:50pm) and even though she was about to leave she offered to choose something from a big bucket of snacks they had behind the desk!
As for the room, which was an upgrade to their King Executive (806), it was amazing as well! It was a corner room facing the courthouse and a neat building on the side. Amazing bed. Great water pressure. AND Aveda products in the bathroom to boot.
Point being, ANY time I come to Nashville, I'll be staying at the Hotel Indigo.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, the king executive, they are much bigger and have better views. I counted SI...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I will be sure to share comments with Holly! We love her inspiring attitude here at the Indigo!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hotel Indigo is a new hotel in an historic building. The restaurant/bar, The District, was fun. Staff was extremely helpful. Within walking distance to Printer's Alley, Rhyman Auditorium, Broadway and Country Music Hall of Fame. Rooms are small but artistically done. Only one chair in room which was annoying but don't spend that much time in room. When we arrived the elevator was out of order and we had to walk 12 floors but they made it right by "comp"-ing us the night!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am extremely sorry about the elevators that weekend but, the good news is we are back up and running. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Loved our stay here for a girls weekend with some friends. The hotel is very close to all the action. We had no trouble getting cabs to the places we wanted to go. The lobby also has music at night. We never made it but it looked like fun. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. You can't beat the price either! A great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a very good two night stay here on a bed and breakfast basis.We were given room 417 which stood on its own to the right of the lifts, very quite and secluded. A decent size room and bathroom considering the age and former business of the building, very comfy bed, housekeeping kept room well stocked each day with plenty of clean towels and toiletries. Also good Internet access throughout the building which was included in the cost of the room.

Had breakfast in hotel both days which we pre-paid when we booked at a cost of $10 per night. By doing this we saved around 25 dollars. There's a good selection on menu and you get to choose anything you want, well worth it. One reviewer mentioned that they were only allowed one drink - we had coffee, water and juices with refills at no extra cost.

As every review says this is a really good location for all main attractions. It took us around 5 mins walk to Broadway. Would have given it a 5 mark, but the air con must be the most complicated controller on earth. We called maintenance who didn't know how it worked either so I spent over 30 mins sorting it out myself (luckily I'm an electrical engineer). Other than this very minor moan can't fault anything about the Indigo and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay. I have shared your comments in relation to the AC to make sure all staff is aware of how they work just in case there are questions in the future. I really appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent, but the excellence stops there. Service is extremely poor. Front desk staff is generally clueless, unorganized and not willing to assist. This was evidenced consistently throughout our 5 day stay. Everything from our registration to our final bill was incorrect. We did not try the hotel restaurant for fear that the poor service would be found there as well. I appreciate that they are trying for a unique, artsy decor, and it is attractive, but they missed some basic amenities such as a mirror (any mirror, but preferably full length) other than the one in the bathroom. There was a closet rod to hang clothes, but no drawers for folded clothes. The ironing board cover was in such heavily wrinkled, bad shape that it was useless. There are a couple of area rugs near the bed, but the remaining uncovered floor is marble/terrazo, so it was very cold to walk on. Would not return.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, don't get a room that faces Printer's Alley. The music from the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry you experienced the issues as it relates to the hotel. I can assure you it is not the norm for the front desk or for the other areas of the hotel. I have sent you a private message to tell you about the additional rooms that have more room for clothing etc as well as how you can additionally help us improve. I appreciate your willingness to share your experience and hope you can make it back.
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I were in town for the weekend and checked out their Singer Songwriter Night on a Friday night to hear Alyssa Jacey and friends. She is wonderfully talented!.

I must say the atmosphere in their lounge is extremely comfortable and relaxing in a contemporary chic way. The high-backed fabric chairs were very welcoming. Our service was superb and we enjoyed our server Joe very much.

Even though we did not stay the night for lodging....we will definitely come back to the Indigo lounge for music and drinks again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for the great comments! We are happy to have Alyssa and our staff serving our guests and making great music! Hope to see you again soon.