“Good stay, nice facility” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Nashville

Travelocity Expedia.com
Hotel Indigo Nashville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 150 hotels in Nashville
“Good stay, nice facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Prompt checkin, live entertainment on the 1st floor bar/restaurant, comfortable king size bed, in room coffee, quiet on the 11th floor with no disturbances at night. Was impressed that I was acknowledged by a gentleman that was setting up for breakfast, and offered a hot cup of coffee. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Glad to hear you had a great stay! I will be sure to share your cup of coffee story with my staff. I try to share all the ways we get it right as well as not so, right! Thanks again! Hope to see you again soon!

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We just checked out of our room this morning at the Indigo. We have stayed as this hotel several times and have always been pleased. However, this hotel is in total disarray, not only in physical appearance but also in customer service. This room was booked January 2, 2013. At that time, we requested a NEW room since we knew the hotel was in the process of remodeling. On 3 different occasions, we called to verify our confirmation, as well as requesting a NEW room. The day of check in, we arrived at the hotel at 1:00 pm. The room was not ready, which we understood checkin was 3:00. At that time, we went ahead and supplied payment etc, in order to expedite our check in at 3:00, as we would be very short of time at that point. We once again verified that they knew we had requested a new room. We left for lunch and returned at 3:15 only to find out our room was not ready. At 4:45, the ONLY room that was ready, was a handicap room in the old section. The gentleman at the front desk was over heard telling his manager, that we had NOT reserved a new room. I don't know what else we could have done to reserve a new room other than sign in blood. Nashville was very crowded this weekend with Valentines Day, The Kid Rock Concert and the 5K. There is no reason for a hotel to not be prepared. The staff showed no regard that our plans had been disrupted because of their lack of preparedness. Not a apology, not a discount on the room......they did not even help with getting our luggage to the room. The room was small and ill equipped. Only one very small mirror in the bathroom. No hairdryer, and basically no place to put your luggage. The view was a absolute joke. You look out of the window to a brick wall. The furniture in the room was scratched, and dented. The walls we totally beat up. We rented a double room, which was SO very small, I am unsure how on earth this could possibly be a handicap room. My husband and his company have been Priority Club Members for many years. WHY??? There is no such thing as Priority Check In at this hotel. The price we paid for this room was astronamical. I do not mind paying high prices for a room that the price is warranted. The hotel did not waste anytime in placing our bill under the door before 5:30 AM. If you want to stay in a nice hotel in downtown Nashville, please choose someplace other than the Indigo. Management did not offer any kind of compensation in the price for not supplying the requested room or the fact that it was not ready. This hotel was a absolute and total disappointment.

Room Tip: Make sure you verify what your view will be. This hotel is NOT worth a price and they do not know t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
I sincerely apologize that we did not put our best foot forward that day and were unable to show you the best our facility with all the new great changes could be. We did not receive the new rooms until just that morning so, it did create an opportunity for us that we did not expect. I know that does not fix your perception of what happened that weekend but, I would love to invite you back so, we can make your experience a better one. I have sent you a message with an invite. Again, I do apologize for your experience but, I am glad you took the time to let us know where we could have gotten it right. We need this kind of feedback to be able to get better as a team and facility. Thank you again. I hope to hear from you soon.
Grafton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was a little nervous when we drove up for our girls' weekend and I could barely find the displaced lobby due to renovations. However, the valets and front desk hosts were incredibly friendly, our room was clean and comfortable, and by the time we returned from our dinner downtown (just a short walk away), the new lobby was in full working condition, with a live band and functioning bar! The beds are super comfortable, and the hotel is close to everything. The bucket full of bottled water at the front desk is a nice touch. (Nice to not have to pay $6 for bottled water in a mini bar). We were all very happy with the Hotel Indigo!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Glad you all had a great time! Thank you for the great feedback. You were the first to enjoy our new District Bar & Kitchen and Lobby! We were so, excited that day. We hope to see you again soon!
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location on the edge of downtown core. Pretty expensive considering its under renovation though. Wish they'd advised that when we booked through expeda. Very friendly service from valet and front desk staff who were freezing

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. My sincerest apologies that the online booking agency did not notify you of the renovation. We made sure we sent them regular updates of where we were at with our renovation to make sure that everyone knew. Again, my deepest apologies, we want everyone that walks through our doors to have a great experience renovation or not. Its hard to do that when the expectation is not set from the beginning. I do hope you will be able to visit us again in the near future as our renovations are complete with a new lobby/restaurant and 3 additional floors of rooms. Thank you again for your comments. Hope to see you soon.
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay very much! The rooms are very clean and spacious! The bathroom was very nice and spacious as well! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the valet attendants were very honest and trustworthy!

• Stayed August 2012
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Glad you had a wonderful stay. I have shared your comments with the team. Hope to see you again soon!
Prattville, Al
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I want to first say that our room was VERY clean and updated!! Wonderful bathroom with great walk in shower. The bed was not the most comfortable. We were aware of the construction but when we called and asked we were told that lobby was done and the only thing left was some guest rooms---this was NOT true. Front desk was a folding table in the hall by the elevators. Some staff were fine others very unprofessional. Worst being the bell man when we pulled in to valet park and check in. We had to ask for a cart and he watched as my husband unloaded our car. NOT a good first impression. Bell man when we checked out was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us about the good things and the areas we have to improve at the hotel. I have shared your comments with my valet manager for immediate follow up. I hope you will visit us again after the renovations are complete in a couple weeks to see how beautiful the changes are. Thank you again for your comments.
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

What I looked for in booking a hotel for a girl's weekend in Nashville:
1. Walking distance to the downtown fun.
2. Safe.
3. Nice but not boutique.
4. Lobby with a bar/restaurant with music...good for people watching and relaxing.
5. Fair price.
6. On site parking

What I got with Hotel Indigo:
1. Walking distance to EVERYTHING we wanted to do downtown. It was so great just to walk a couple of blocks and be in the middle of the action. Perfect!
2. I felt mostly safe. I'm thankful that I didn't have to walk those couple of blocks alone though. There were a few people near the hotel that made me nervous.
3. The rooms were very nice, clean and updated. I have no complaints about that part. The room service was timely, fairly priced and tasty. However, we did set our dishes out in the morning only to find them still in the hall that night.
4. I knew there was some renovations going on but I was surprised at the level of it. The front desk was tucked away in a corner surrounded by plastic sheets hanging from the ceiling. While I understand "no pain, no gain" I wish I'd been warned about the lobby/bar/restaurant being closed. They did have a makeshift replacement that was just a small meeting space hidden down a long hall. If I had known the construction closing, I would have looked elsewhere.
5. I was pleased with the price. As far as I know, I didn't receive any discount because of renovations. All things being equal, if the lobby/bar/restaurant had been open, it would have been perfect.
6. As with all downtown hotels, parking is tricky. They offer valet parking for a parking garage located directly behind the hotel. The valet was courteous, quick and full of good tips. I have not complaints about the parking.

Overall, I was pleased with Hotel Indigo. Would I stay there again? Yes, but I would call to ask about the lobby/bar/restaurant.

One more thing, I was impressed with the staff at the front desk. They were fun, informative and helpful with every question or request.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us overall! We are excited to say that renovation will be complete in just a few short weeks! Thank you for sharing your comments. We love to hear the good and the not so good so, we can get better each day! Thanks again.

Been to Hotel Indigo Nashville? Share your experiences!