“Hotel Indigo Nashville - Indifference and Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Nashville

You added Hotel Indigo Nashville to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Nashville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #31 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Hotel Indigo Nashville - Indifference and Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Questionable parking facility, hotel staff sitting in the entrance smoking like sailors, the hotel is being renovated and no one told us, the lobby is essentially one big wall of dusty plastic, the staff just shrugged when I raised the recommendation the hotel be a bit more up front about the complete lack of amenities due to the renovation, and I had to cut the water off to my toilet because it kept running all night. Do yourself a favor and stay across the street at the Doubletree.

Room Tip: Book at the Doubletree.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so, much for your honesty about your stay with us recently. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected and that you were not notified properly of our renovation. It is important to me to take all guest impressions good and bad and find ways to utilize them to make us better. While we do not own the parking garage which limits our ability to be able to make changes there I will share all of your comments with them so, they know they affect our guests. I have taken all of your other comments and shared them with all of my staff . I have sent you a private message to ask for your help in continuing to help us get better in the future. Thank you again and again my sincerest apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Benton, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Although the hotel is currently under construction, the room was fresh and new. The bathroom was so nice and updated and the shower was awesome. The room was on the small side but had everything you would need including a Keurig coffee maker. The polished terrazzo tile floors were beautiful. I highly recommend the restraunt in the hotel called 315. Due to construction it looked like it was in a conference room but the Bourbon honey glazed pork chops - THE BEST MEAL EVER! My husband and I were there for a concert at Bridgestone Arena and it was a short walk there. We really enjoyed our overnight stay and would definitely go back, hopefully when the construction is complete.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! It is much appreciated and I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff. We hope you will visit us after our construction is complete February 2013! Safe Travels....
Mt Carmel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The hotel is in a great area, within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. The room was lovely, the pillows were soft and smelled fresh. I enjoyed the amenities of free wi fi, a huge shower, hair dryer, huge flat screen tv, and black out curtains. However, I was here for a 4 day conference and was disappointed with the lack of tub in my room.

The customer service here was highly disappointing. The hotel felt like it was being ran by sulky teenagers. The first day of the conference was supposed to begin at 7:45am for registration, but the staff did not unlock the door until 8:15am. During the conference, breakfast, drinks, and an afternoon snack was to be provided. We had to call the staff each and EVERY time to provide us with these things which were already paid for. One of my classmates had a hair in her food and when she pointed it out to our server, he said "Sorry". Then he walked out of the room without offering to replace her meal! They brought us bagels with no cream cheese, brought us coffee and forgot to turn the warmer on. It was just a series of unfortunate events that I would have overlooked had the employees been kind or admitted some fault and/or wrong doing. It was very frustrating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IndigoNashGM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay and meeting at our hotel. I am glad you liked the hotel but, was dissapointed to hear about your meeting experience. I have addressed each of your concerns with each member of management and individual employees to ensure we find corrective measures for the areas we fell short.

I am always interested in hearing guests' impressions be they positive or negative, as to where changes can be made to help us achieve our goal of service excellence and guest satisfaction. I would love to be able to talk to you off line so, I can invite you back after renovations. When you have a moment if you will send me your email address to kbasham@winstonhospitality.com . Thank you again for your feedback.

K. Basham
Sandy Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The Nashville Hotel Indigo is a converted bank building and is a very interesting layout. The location is very good and located near most of the downtown attractions such as the Ryman Auditorium, the Bridgestone Arena, the capital and the Country Music Hall of Fame. The room was nice but extremely small. As part of the unique design of the converted building, my room was off to the side on my floor and not adjacent to any other guest rooms so it was very quiet. The lobby was very nice and reminiscent of an old bank from the 1950s. Intercontinental Hotels does a very good job with unique properties like this one.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope you will come back after the renovations and see the amazing changes like the new District Bar & Kitchen! It is going to be great. Until next time...safe travels!

K. Basham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Well located boutique hotel in an old insurance building with all the charm. Easy walk to all things downtown Nashville. Under construction with no discounts for the inconvenience. The Starbucks in the Hotel is closed. Don't let the iMap app fool ya. Love this 13th floor corner room.

• Stayed December 2012
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This a great hotel that is close to everything. Virtually situated right on Printers Alley it is only a short walk to Broadway St., the Ryman or the War Memorial area. There's a Starbucks adjacent to the hotel and several restaurants close. Parking is directly behind the motel (for an additional fee). The rooms were clean and well appointed and free wi-fi was available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Called ahead and was told they were remodeling the lobby. They never mentioned it included the bar and restaurant. Location alone did not warrant high price. Room was awesome, modern and quiet. Very disappointed that a discount was not offered.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hotel Indigo Nashville? Share your experiences!