“Great hotel in a great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Nashville

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo Nashville to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Nashville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Cleveland, TN
“Great hotel in a great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We went to Nashville for a music vacation. All we wanted to do was relax, hear some live music and enjoy good food. The downtown location of the Hotel Indigo was perfect for us. It's a relatively short walk down to Broadway and there are many bars and restaurants in between so we had plenty of food and music options including Printer's Alley which is less than a block away.

Our room was clean and very comfortable. We had a corner room with an eastern exposure which was bright and cheerful but the blackout curtains kept it dark enough that we were able to sleep late if we wanted to. The only thing missing from the room is a full length mirror - in fact the only mirror was the one in the bathroom. This is a minor complaint - not enough to influence our decision to stay here again (which we will!)

All of the staff members were courteous and efficient. Valet parking was a little pricey but probably no more expensive than any other downtown hotel. Our car was always ready when we called down.

The hotel bar hosts live music most nights featuring local talent and singer/songwriter showcases.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

First, the good things about this hotel. The location, smack in the middle of downtown Nashville, was superior. The front desk staff was accommodating, and the lobby was almost always busy, music and noise we couldn't hear in our room three floors away. The high-speed wireless internet was the fastest I think I've encountered at a hotel, and it was free. When a bellman was friendly enough to tell me I could make movies with my iPhone, I actually wanted him to tell me how.

Now for the downers. The rooms (at least ours, 317 in Tower Two) are small and cramped. It is a converted office building from the 1920s or '30s, and we were lodged right next to the elevator shaft. The bathroom had good water pressure, and the Aveda products were luxurious (they even had mouthwash, a rare treat.) But, the furniture was scarred and banged up. They provided two night tables and then crammed one of them sideways into a corner because it wouldn't fit next to the bed. The chest for a closet had a broken door that wouldn't stay shut. And, Union Street outside got very loud at certain times of the day.

I would likely try this branch of Indigo again, but I would request a different room than 317.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Hotel Indigo Nashville overcharged me by a substantial amount, and they are refusing to refund. I tried calling the 800 number, and I have been told that the individual hotel will have to take care of the problem. Well, the individual hotel is refusing to take care of the problem, and the manager will not call me back. I have been battling this for 4 days now. I think that they purposely overcharged me too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
HotelIndigoNashDT, Manager at Hotel Indigo Nashville, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
This party was not a guest at the hotel. The tip on the bar tab was entered incorrectly due to sloppy handwriting. The $8 error was corrected.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo for a long weekend in Nashville. The downtown location kept us close to the entertainment areas. The room was clean & all of the staff were very friendly. The only thing that disappointed us was that the hotel lobby/bar entertainment wrapped up by 11pm. I guess that's a good thing though if you're room is too close to the bar. Valet service was helpful and timely, given ~15 minute notice. An experienced Nashville visitor may know that there is nearby public garage parking that would probably be cheaper than the valet service, although you'd sacrifice convenience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Tell City, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Stayed one night while in town for concert at Bridgstone. Hotel price actually better or at same price as some others immediately surrounding it. Decor of hotel is very nice. Rooms were very clean. Huge bathrooms--Aveda bath products. Beds are super comfy--we loved all the extra pillows. Location is great for downtown entertainment--close walk to everything you could want to do (5-10 minutes tops), although coming back you do have a slight incline uphill. Only cons I can list are the old, ran down parking garage which still cost you $20 and the walls in this hotel are very THIN--when walking down the hall we could hear everything that was going on in the rooms around us!!! Would definitely recommend though that anyone considering the downtown entertainment to stay here or somewhere nearby.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I was cautious about staying here based on the significant negative feedback, but - because I am a big fan of IHG and specifically the Indigo brand - I held out hope that our experience would prove excellence.

Sadly, our stay overall did not disprove the general opinion. From the outset, with our most-unimpressive check-in with Freda - who clearly, to me, should never be in client services - I knew things weren't going to be as stellar as they've been at other Indigo properties. Room upgrade - as a Platinum member - was a disappointment. A lackluster valet parking interaction, even though I called in advance and was standing at the entrance for 15 minutes (Hello? Can you see me?), added to my frustrations. Our negative encounters were given a thorough bookend, when, on the final morning of our stay a maid knocked on our door at 11 a.m. - even though we had a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door - and then proceeded to engage in conversation - through the door when we were in bed on Valentine's Day weekend! - to emphasize that we needed to leave. I guess the old school building exacts old school technology and this maid had no way of checking to see that I was a PCR member and did 'need' to check out until 2 p.m. I don't usually vent, but this was thoroughly unprofessional and underscored the poor service (training too perhaps?) at this property.

With all of the above said I do want to compliment the Bar staff - they were both friendly and informative on 'what to do' - as well as the one Front Desk member that was proactive and friendly: Sara Borg - who helped to mitigate my frustrating matters and made me finally feel 'appreciated' as a guest. After all, I chose this hotel solely because of the Indigo brand, if I'd followed TripAdvisor feedback not so.

Likes: hotel decor; proximity to downtown attractions and nightlife; historic architecture and artwork decoration throughout the building; cool bar and live music; nice bar staff; nice walk-in showers and water pressure.

Dislikes: Front Desk staff - yes, the other reviewers are right on and not exaggerating; inability to open the windows in the rooms; parking difficulties in the area; not up-to-speed on PCR treatment standards.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Funny place. Pros: Great location, nice lobby area and bar area; Starbucks attached; valet pretty efficient; interesting rooms. Cons: front desk has been unorganized on all 3 visits; didn't get my points credited on all 3 visits, although I confirmed they "had my number"; rooms are cool, but a couple of times I had a room with no chair save the completely uncomfortable desk chair. I HATE sitting on the bed to watch TV.; On 2 of 3 visits, my room key stopped working multiple times; a couple of room cleanings were less than stellar; no coffee refill; cable out once; etc.
Overall, due to reasonable price for location, I'd stay again. I'm a sucker for older buildings converted into hotels. This one definitely has character. Plus, on one visit, there was a killer free concert right across the street. How often does that happen? I guess you just roll with the quirks.....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo Nashville? Share your experiences!