“Great stay in an excellent room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2461 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Minnesota
“Great stay in an excellent room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Traveling with someone using a wheelchair is always a challenge. We have had good luck with Holiday Inn Express, and this hotel exceeded our expectations. It is close to all Opry attractions and offers an accessible room that is large enough that it could be called a suite. The free breakfast was great, with a wide selection of foods. We are traveling back in September for business, and will forgo the recommended hotel for this one.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We stayed here one night as we passed through Nashville. The check-in and check-out process were fast and simple and the staff was very courteous. The room was spacious and clean, and although the remote was missing the front desk provided a replacement quickly. I wish I had brought my swimsuit because the indoor pool area looked very inviting with large windows and plenty of space. The liquor store next door is convenient for buying a few drinks to have in the room, and live music at the Nashville Palace was lively and fun on a Thursday night. (With cheap drinks and food). In the morning it was a short walk over to the Gaylord Opryland to browse the area. All in all, couldn't have asked for a better hotel for the price.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff went out of thier way to make our stay enjoyable. They were great when it came to providing extras and advice on local dining. The hotel itself was the incredibly clean and stylish. The indoor pool was great, I really enjoyed the fact that it was a saline pool with no Chlorine irritation. The room was clean, the beds super comfortable. The free breakfast was enjoyable with all you can eat scrambled eggs, biscuits, bagels, etc. Basically the kind of breakfast that would typically cost around $9 to $11 per person at a restaurant. The location is literally 3 or 4 minutes away from Opryland, Opry Mills, the Imax etc..
So that's the good. Here's what I didn't like about the hotel, and why I didn't rate it a 5. I could hear anytime someone entered or left thier room within a 6 room radius. I could clearly hear the people speaking in the hall from my bed. I'm not a light sleeper, but my wife is and it bothered her. I could also hear people in other bathrooms either above or below me when I was in the bathroom. The one other thing I didn't like is that the room didn't have a decent view, or a balcony. We have a 5 year old who goes to bed earlier than we do, and usually we like to hang out, talk and enjoy each other's company while our little one snoozes. With no balcony, it's kind of hard to do so. Those are my only complaints. It's a small thing, and it may not bother you. Just because my stay wasn't perfect doesn't mean I would not stay at this hotel again. I'd be more than glad to patronize this hotel if and when we visit Nashville again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Stayed here four nights for a conference at Opryland Conference center. The facility, because it is very new, was clean with a very nicely designed lobby. The rooms were clean and fresh as was the bathroom. The flat screen TV was great! The breakfast was much like offered at other hotels but we never had to wait for refills because the staff was on top of things. However, the very best asset this facility has is a front desk person named Juan. He was friendly and extremely accommodating even when swamped. We ran in to a shuttle bus scheduling situation that was resolved immediately by Juan and the Manager of the facility.

There is a carry out, liquor store next door but never did we feel threatened. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the conference center but a bit further for the mall. Very nice mall adjacent to the conference center to which the shuttle ran which was a great service when dining at the mall.

Overall, we had an excellent experience and were pleased to be staying there instead of at the conference center. A great value!

winchester, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We are loyal Holiday Inn visitors. We are priority club members and used our points for our two day stay. I must say this was our best ever experience with Holiday Inn. This hotel is exceptional. The customer service at the front desk is impeccable. (sp?) I wish I could remember the gentleman's name that worked on the evening of Nov. 22. He was so kind and professional. He upgraded our room to a bigger suite and we were impressed with the room. Large, clean, beautiful room with flat screen and sitting area. Did I mention clean and comfortable. Our daughter was staying at the Gaylord Resort for a convention, but really I was glad that we were at the Holiday Inn. They provided a convenient shuttle to the Resort which was very helpful saving us $18 for parking. The entire hotel was clean and beautiful. The salt water pool was outstanding and the breakfast, including the server was wonderful. Wonderful hotel

Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

Loved it!!! The rooms are very nice and so is the service. This is the 1st time I've ever slept in a motel bed when my back didn't hurt. The breakfast was great with the kids. Pool is wonderful. The rooms are furnished very nice with even granite counter tops in the bathroom. It is a short walk to Opryland Hotel. You can go the back way into Opry Mills Shopping, The Grand Ole Opry House and The Charlie Brown Ice Sculpture without having to get back on the interstate. Could not ask for a better location if your plans are to see the Gaylord Sites. Only thing I would have like is for the TV to have a Disney Channel. If it had one I couldn't find it. We will definately be staying at this hotel on our next Nashville trip. Also had a teenager with us so thanks for the high-speed internet access!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

First of all, the staff was extremely friendly. My husband was attending a conference at Opryland and the location (about a 20 minute walk to the conventiin center) and price ($107 a night) was terrific. There is a free shuttlle to the airport and Opryland. As mentioned in another review, we too experienced the annoyingly LOUD air/heat unit. The windows did not open and there was no option to select a fan level - just high. We could not sleep - even with ear plugs and for that reason we would not stay there again. We mentioned it to the front desk and they apologized but didn't seem to know what we were talking about. I cannot imagine that no one else has not mentioned it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland? Share your experiences!