“Holiday Inn does it again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2461 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
College Park, Georgia
“Holiday Inn does it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I truly value consistent and Holiday Inn Express is very consistent. I trarichvel one week each month and I've come to appreciate the cleanliness, and value at Holiday Inn Express.

Arrival: The grounds were clean and free of trash. The parking lot was also well lit at night.I was warmly welcomed when I walked in and the lobby smelled great! The furniture was contemporary and very appealing. My check in took less than one minute and the staff members were very friendly.

Elevator: Looked fairly new with no odors & had an up to date inspection. The lift was smooth and quiet to the third floor.

Hallways: Quiet & clean with calming colors, decor and lighting.

King Room: Spacious with sitting area. I took a nice hot shower. Linens were white and clean. Bath and Body Works products are also in the bathrooms. The bed was comfortable (firm) and all appliances were in writing order. Heat / AC is controlled by a thermostat on the wall andv worked well.

Fitness Center: Great equipment--elliptical, treadmill and recumbent bike. Having disposable cups for water would have been a nice touch.

Location: Close to shopping, the airport and downtown.

Verdict: Stay here when you visit Nashville.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were looking for a good value in a nice hotel that was close to Opryland, yet still allowed easy access to the downtown area. And we definitely found it here!!

This hotel is fairly new, very clean, and is right across the street from the Gaylord Opryland. You could walk there if you didn't mind maybe a mile walk. But there are also free shuttles from the Holiday Inn to the Gaylord, the Oprymills Outlet Mall (which is very nice), and to the Grand Old Opry. There is a gas station that sells beer and snacks, as well as a liquor store right next door to the hotel. And a handfull of restaurants within a block or so that we enjoyed also.

As far as getting to the downtown area, the hotel front desk will call you a shuttle that picks up on the top of the hour and takes you downtown. It then picks you up downtown on the bottom of the hour for a return to the hotel. And the price is just $10 per person round trip. It was very easy to use and the drivers were EXTREMELY nice and helpful.

And I need to mention the breakfast that is included in your stay. As hotel "free" breakfasts go, this is definitely one of the good ones. Cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, bagels, fruit, toast, juice, cereal, oatmeal. Not a bad deal at all!

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be pretty equal here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is in a good location, not far from Nashville's Opry and mall with easy access to the main highway. The down side was. It's an old hotel, and its look quite faded. We also had some unpleasant incident with the receptionist. Our stay was for 3 nights. During our first night my husband complained to me about "a strange smell" like mold in the room, which prevented him from sleeping all night. In the morning I went to the reception, explained our problem regarding the room's odor but the only answer I got was in appropriate. The clerk response was: "I will send the housekeeper to check", and also that the hotel is fully booked. I insisted upon getting a different room, without the "approval" of the housekeeper!!! When he realized the stupidity of his answer, he gave me a card to another room, to check if it's OK. My husband checked the new room and it had no bad smell. So we moved to the new room and it took me 2 hours, to pack and unpack our belongings in the new room. I stayed at many Holiday Inn Express Hotels in the last few years; this hotel had the worst customer's attitude.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Sharon_zz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charlestown, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, great location, great breakfast. The only co plaint I had was that I had asked for adjoining rooms. There were 7 of us on a girl trip and we wanted to be together. I made my reservations over a month in advance and then called a few days before to reiterate. When we got there, they could not give is adjoining rooms. We were side by side, but I was still a little miffed. Everything else was great! Nice, comfortable and clean.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Not much more needs to be said, really.

The location was very close to the Grand Ole Opry and the Opry Mills Mall, and there is a shuttle to take you there. Several places nearby for lunch/dinner; 15-20 minutes to Downtown Nashville.

Personnel were friendly, courteous and able to answer all types of questions. Beds and pillows were awesome! Breakfast was well done - everything from make-your-own pancakes and warmed cinnimon rolls to cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit. Workout room was a good size, and all equipment functioning and iFit compatible. Large indoor pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Macomb, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is our second stay here at this Holiday Inn. It is located right across the street from the Grand Ole Opry and the Opry Mill Outlet Mall. The morning breakfast was excellent and we had plenty to chose from. It is only 10 - 15 minute trip to downtown Nashville, and the Front Desk Clerk gave us a route that avoided the major expressways. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of this Hotel. We had the two queen bed suite room, and really enjoyed the extra space the suite gave us. There is a nice indoor pool that is attached to a small 3 machine fitness room that my wife and I were able to use daily in the morning. We definately will be back to Nashville for a future vacation, and will stay here again!.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express hotels we have stayed at. Access off the freeway was excellent, there was ample parking and we had a friendly efficient check-in. We had a nice clean room that was large and the beds were extremely comfortable. My only complaint in the room was the business chair at the table which was very uncomfortable to do work on my laptop and I could not adjust it high enough. The wireless signal was strong and I had solid connections at all times. The breakfast area was large, well designed and the selection was excellent. Coffee and hot water were available all day in the hotel lobby which was a nice touch.

Hotel was very convenient to Opry Mills Outlet Mall, the Opry House, across the street from the expensive Opryland Hotel and only a 15 minute drive to downtown. Very pleasant hotel and we may go back for New Year's Eve.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland? Share your experiences!