“Unusually friendly staff, shuttle to Opryland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2461 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Floyd, Virginia
“Unusually friendly staff, shuttle to Opryland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

First visit to Nashville and Grand Ole Opry, Opryland Resort, and a Mall. hotel runs frequent shuttles on the half mile trip. We heard the traffic can be terrible on Opry performance times. So the hotel location and free shuttle are hugely convenient. Also, the staff and drivers are very friendly. The whole place is very clean, and the breakfast room is kept stocked during the mealtime. The room was clean, neat, in good repair, and comfortable and quiet. This was one of our best stays during a cross country trip.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Exceptionally friendly and accommodating hotel staff and accommodations. Jared, front desk associate was most gracious in honoring all our requests as guests at this hotel. Several times we used the free shuttle service to the Opryland complex and he was extremely knowledgeable in answering all our questions about activites/attractions in the Nashville area. This review carries over to all of the other staff we experienced at the hotel as well, from the morning breakfast staff and maintenance workers we met in the elevators. Rooms were clean and comfortable. This would be our only choice to suggest for accommodations when referring family and friends to the Nashville area. Walking distance to restaurants and honky tonks, too. One secret the front staff told us was to call Tommy's tour, which is a shuttle service to the downtown area for only $10 a person round trip. Tommy's tour was hassle free and safe way to transport Music Valley guests to the historic downtown Nashville! Again, strongly recommend to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: The suites are spacious and accommodating for a couple, corner suite is sunny and bright.
Cape Charles, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel, its staff and accommodations were excellent. Conveniently located to all of Nashville's hot spots, this hotel provided a great resting spot for our spring break! The room was very comfortable and the morning breakfast gave us the energy we needed for each of our packed days. The staff was excellent in providing general information about the area and even in assisting with directions.

This was our first trip to Nashville but we LOVED it and will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The manager, Gerald, was very accommodating when we were faced with a dillema regarding our late arival and our room reservation. Because of the way Gerald handled the situation, this will be our first choice of where to stay when we are in Nashvelle. Thank you Gerald!

Canon City, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We love this hotel! Will stay there every time we visit Nashville. This visit was for business and they were more than accommodating. Very nice and friendly staff. Clean. Swimming pool was in great shape and CLEAN! We travel a lot and this hotel is a 'breath of fresh air'. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
�G|Ϗϩ��^��
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

First time visit to Nashville with my wife. Selected hotel based on other traveler reviews and was not disappointed. Stayed in Jr King Suite for extended weekend. Hotel staff were very accommodating, especially Debbie and Kayce who answered all our questions about the area, and offered touring and dining recommendations. Hotel is only 3 years old and in very good shape. Nice indoor swimming pool and generous breakfast buffet with several hot selections. Hotel provides free shuttle service to/from airport, Opryland Resort & Grand Ole Opry, but an airport rental car will provide more flexibility to visit all that the Nashville area has to offer. This Holiday Inn Express is a much, much better value for your dollar than the sprawling Opryland Resort across the street.

Spencer, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I visited Nashville and chose to stay here. First off I must say the hotel itself was very nice. Rooms very clean and comfortable. The staff on the other hand was a bit concerning. First, the lady checking me in was not very professional. She cussed in front of me which I thought was very unprofessional and she thought nothing of it. Then, as she was checking us in I paid her in cash and she told me they must hold my credit or debit card number on file in case something needed to be charged. Since I paid cash I declined my receipt when she ask if I needed it. (I never thought about being charged for the room again). As soon as I paid cash I went over to the guest computer to make sure it was not deducted from my account. At that time it wasn't. Once I returned home from our stay I pulled up my account and to my surprise I was charged for the the 2 night stay (which was close to $300). I was furious. I called the hotel and was informed that I must speak with the manager the next day that they could do nothing. Once I spoke to the manager he informed me that he wasn't sure he could help me but would investigate. He said he would have to pull cameras and count the drawer to see if it was accurate or not. After days of talking back and forth I finally got my money back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear destiny g,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are pleased to know that your concerns were already resolved and that you found our hotel nice, clean and comfortable. It is regrettable your stay was not comfortable as it could have been due to the issues with the service you received. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland? Share your experiences!