“Nice Hotel but Beware!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Spencer, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel but Beware!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I visited Nashville and chose to stay here. First off I must say the hotel itself was very nice. Rooms very clean and comfortable. The staff on the other hand was a bit concerning. First, the lady checking me in was not very professional. She cussed in front of me which I thought was very unprofessional and she thought nothing of it. Then, as she was checking us in I paid her in cash and she told me they must hold my credit or debit card number on file in case something needed to be charged. Since I paid cash I declined my receipt when she ask if I needed it. (I never thought about being charged for the room again). As soon as I paid cash I went over to the guest computer to make sure it was not deducted from my account. At that time it wasn't. Once I returned home from our stay I pulled up my account and to my surprise I was charged for the the 2 night stay (which was close to $300). I was furious. I called the hotel and was informed that I must speak with the manager the next day that they could do nothing. Once I spoke to the manager he informed me that he wasn't sure he could help me but would investigate. He said he would have to pull cameras and count the drawer to see if it was accurate or not. After days of talking back and forth I finally got my money back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear destiny g,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are pleased to know that your concerns were already resolved and that you found our hotel nice, clean and comfortable. It is regrettable your stay was not comfortable as it could have been due to the issues with the service you received. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Libertyville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Not so good and not so bad. The lobby looked really good. Breakfast area is big and has enough tables. The property is really close to grand opry. You can walk there. The hotel has shuttle to grand opry every hour.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear yunwwang,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Nashville.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We loved this hotel and plan to stay there again. The staff was very friendly and helpful,finding us a suite and room together, they offer shuttles over to the Opryland resort, printed directions to some of the places we wanted to visit in Nashville. Hot coffee was always available in the lobby and the breakfast was very good .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Horse Cave, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great location, the hotel shuttles you right to Opryland Resort. They weren't that busy on the weeknight that we stayed, so the shuttle was available right away. Our driver was very nice and very helpful with giving recommendations about things to do in Nashville.
We were travelling for our anniversary, and we chose the king suite with the whirlpool tub, it was very nice, spacious, and clean. The only complaint about this room was that it was located right next to the breakfast/lobby/elevator area, so it was noisy at times. It kind of killed the "romance" of the room! I'm not sure if they have the same type rooms located in a different area, but would have definitely been better with less noise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We spent 2 nights in this Holiday Inn, The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful. They serve an excellent hot breakfast and 24 hr coffee in the lobby. The hotel is within walking distance to dining and entertainment

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We spend 2 nights here as a girls trip to go to see the Rockettes and shop at the Opry Mills mall. The service in the hotel was excellent. They provided a shuttle for us to go and check out Opryland Hotel ( a must see at Christmas). The rooms were spacious and clean. Great bedding- I slept like a baby. Bathroom and showers clean- lots of hot water and great rainshower head. The hotel is new so all the decor is updated. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sharpsburg, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed here. Convenient to Opryland Resort. They had a shuttle run to drop us off and pick us up for seeing the Rockettes at the Grand Ole Opry. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great location, delicious breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - Opryland? Share your experiences!