“Average Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Ottawa, Canada
“Average Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stayed her 4 nights. On the first floor, nice. The men on the desk were very nice and helpful. The pool was a little dirty, but did swim in it. If you want a breakfast do not stay here. First have no hot water for tea. Have bread or cereal and not much of either. The coffee is horrible .There is no breakfast room. You have to take it back to your room in your hands because there are no trays either.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brandon, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This hotel was included in our package deal, that is the ONLY reason we stayed here. It has outside room access like a motel, I Hate that for places I stay. We pull up into the parking lot and find the office. You walk into the tiny "lobby" building and are welcomed by the clerk behind a glass partition, lol...awesome! Just what I want to see to make me feel safe. Makes you feel like one of those check cashing places. To the left when you walk in is supposedly where they serve "breakfast" on a counter. Greeted by Mr. Down South. Check in went smoothly. We arrived at 5:30P on a Saturday nite. Asked where there was a good place to eat around those parts, other than fast food. Was told about a little restaurant which was supposed to be awesome, but was told "Ya better hurry up, they close at 6PM"!! Like, really???? We're in Nashville! One of the biggest tourist places on earth and a restaurant closes at 6PM?! Ok so we get to our room, it was an end unit. The lady in the room next to us has her door wide open and is sitting on the edge of her bed; I'm like - what is that about. So we go into our room, you open the door and the musty old smell just hits you in the face. I was saying to myself, it's only one night, it's only one night. LOL. We had a double bed room. There was a little table and chairs, the double beds, a dresser with a TV. And there was a microwave and little fridge that looked like it was from 1980. There was a double light between the beds on the wall, go to turn it on with the little pull chain, and it doesn't work. The only other light for the room was a wall sconce way across the room on the wall with the door. Turn that on and it must be a 60 watt bulb, put out no light whatsoever, great. The vanity is on the other side of the room. The toilet, pardon the pun, butts right up against the door almost. When you are sitting on the toilet, you either have to leave the door open or shut it when you walk in because you can't open it as you sit on the toilet. The area is not the best part of Nashville. I didn't feel safe at all. The next morning I go to the "lobby" to see what they could possibly have for breakfast. It was some coffee pots, 2 things of cereal, and cold, wrapped, probably stale, muffins and those packaged Little Debbie honey buns. I think there may have been toast there with a toaster, too. What a sorry excuse for a breakfast. They definitely should be ashamed of themselves. Thank God there was a Waffle House less than a mile down the road. I'm not sure I can recommend this hotel, but I guess for one night it's a bargain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I wasn't expecting anything fancy for $44 a night. The room was clean and had new furnishings. Exterior of the buildings could use some work. The continental breakfast was not impressive. It consisted of store bought muffins and pastries and cereal. There was no fruit. No complaints other than the skimpy breakfast. The manager was very friendly.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed here just for the night, but the staff was very friendly. For the cost, it was exactly what we needed - a clean room to sleep in with nice staff to tell us the good places to go in Nashville. The family who owns it works really hard and it pays off. The shower was hot and good water pressure, and we slept well all night, no problems in the room, average WiFi speeds, and nice flat screen TVs. I definitely recommend this hotel if you need a cheap room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lelystad, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is by far the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at. It deffinately gives Econo Lodge a bad name. I normally don't include pictures but in this case it is a must. If I had not already commited to paying with credit card I would have left. The main lobby was a joke as it smelled of greasy food. It consisted of a beaten up couch and a counter where they served a so called breakfast. The room itself smelled old and musty and by trying to spray with a deodorizer only made it worse. The doors were beat up and the bathroom door looked as if an animal were locked in and tried to scratch and bite its way out. The breakfast was also a joke. If you are going to advertise breakfast then at least have something you can call that. Breakfast bar in main "room"aka lobby consisted of coffee, milk. water downed juice and celo wrapped rolls and not sure what else. Needless to say we did not bother to eat there. No place to sit etc. The area chosen was to be on the outskirts of the downtown area which it was but also was down right run down. There was a pool available but had no desire to get into it. Motel staff not friendly nor helpful. When asked for a new HBO Guide was told to look it up on the internet, but she ended up looking on hers. Not a good experience.

Room Tip: Choose another HOTEL
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Acworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

It was kind of iffy when we entered the lobby. It was clean but it looked kind of shady and outdated. I was pleasantly surprised when we entered our room. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The location was not the best. Saw a few homeless looking people lurking around, but only stayed one night and not sure if I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Elizabethton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

In looking for a place to stay overnight on my way elsewhere, I combed over so many other budget type hotels and came up with this one. Some of the reviews were not as favorable as I would like, but this hotel has been making renovations so I took a chance. Apparently they just finished putting new flat screens in each room with new mattresses as well. The breakfast was typical continental style with is mostly sugar which I am restricted from, so I opted for the Waffle House across the road or a McDonald's or other choices nearby. The low price or great value for the room was a plus. The AC/Heat was a newer unit and no problems. Larger rooms and the area felt safe enough by myself to fill the car with gas at 10 p.m. Had an opportunity to use the pool which was very nice and good temperature too. Definitely will visit again when in Nashville area and will recommend to others.

Room Tip: I had room 134 and a little more bright at night, and would be my choice but the other end of the ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge North? Share your experiences!