“Good if your only there to sleep” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #100 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good if your only there to sleep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

After reading the reviews for all of the hotels in this area that fell in my price range I decided upon Econolodge because it had some of the better reviews for this price. I was aware that I was not going to be staying at the Ritz, but was very disappointed at what I did get. I reserved a non smoking room and was given a smoking room, when I asked about this they stated that they did not have a non smoking room available, however other family who stayed at this hotel as well reserved their room only days before they arrive and got a non smoking room over myself who booked 6 months in advance. I have 2 children with asthma that had to sleep in a room where the walls and furniture are covered in the residue of cigarette smoke. Then to add to it the TV did not work, it would turn on but the picture on the screen was barely there. When I called the front desk I was told that someone must have moved the tv some and just to hit it, that should work. REALLY! So I hit the screen... 10 times before it worked. Once I'd get it to work the screen would little by little dwindle back away. Very Frustrating! I have stayed in my fair share of run down motels/hotels over the years, but I have paid less for a much nicer place to stay.
The hotel doesn't even supply individual soap, there is a soap dispenser in the shower that holds your shampoo, conditioner and soap.

As far as previous reviews have stated about the area of town, I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Their were no shady characters hanging around or anything like that. This hotel is on a stretch of many different stores and restaurants, which was nice. There is a Wal-Mart right down the road about 5 minutes away. I felt safe in my room and it was fine for sleeping, but if you in town for more than just a late evening to sleep, I would find somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Higher Floor rooms are much nicer than the lower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I was a little apprehensive as I read reviews for this the night before I arrived. I was however, very pleasantly surprised when I found the room clean, basic but homely and absolutely NO BEDBUGS!! If you want fancy, give it a miss, but if you want a clean place to rest your head, it's awesome value. The outdoor pool was spotless and enjoyed by the kids. 3 nights for under $200!!!! Give it a go :)

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We booked the Econ lodge for the very reason it was cheap and when we arrived sure the reception was slightly rude we asked for early check In and were just told we could not check in but other than that we didn't really interact with the staff.

The room was good 2 beds a fridge and microwave which made eating on a budget easier epically since there was a Walmart less than a mile away which if you wanted too you could walk but with a lack of sidewalks probably would not make it ideal.

The neighborhood was a quiet one and seemed to be a good area that we were in, Wendy's was a 2 min walk and there were plenty of fast food establishments in the surrounding area no more than a 5 min walk away and Walgreens Was across the way too.

The hotel is about a 15 min drove From opryland and downtown Nashville with plenty of other attractions in a driveable location.

The bathroom, was clean and was one of the best showers I've had in a long time the water pressure was amazing!
The breakfast was non existent apart from some juice coffee and cereal. The pastries were slightly dry and seemed stale so bring breakfast or go out to eat.
There is an outside pool which looked nice and clean however we did not get time to check this put with all the other stuff we were doing
Would definitely stay at this establishment again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were not satisfied with the area in which the hotel was located.The hotel catered to a lot of extended stay local area guests.The guests stared at you as if they were looking to mug you or take away your possessions.Loud music was blaring from cars in the parking lot.The room had a bad odor and was not cleaned.The ambiance in the room felt like all furniture and bedspreads were years old.The front desk never did anything about the noise and music blaring in the parking lot even though we called them several times.All in all a very negative stay.The vanity sink was leaking and no hot water.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

the hotel is located in a bad area of nashville.the desk clerk was very unprofessional.he looked liked he had just woken up and was in his dirty attire all wrinkled. When checking in it was like a burden to him that we came to disturb his sleep and was very rude.The room was in very dirty unkempt shape.when puliing sheets there were big holes and bed bugs and roaches crawling all over the beddings.there were people shouting loudly in the parking lot and rooms.the people were of strange behavior.drug dealers were swarming aroungd the property.we checked out from the property as they would not listen to our issues and did not refund us our money as desk clerk mentioned he had no authority to do so.he was good at taking our money when renting room .buyer beware stay away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a weekend trip to Nashville. I was worried, beacuse it was one of the only places we could find to stay, as there was a lot going on in Nashville when we stayed. It was clean, yes it smelled like smoke, but you know going in it's a smoking hotel. The staff was nice enough, they helped us find a taxi cab, but we didn't really rely on them for anthing else.It was $20 to take a cab into Nashville from here (including tip). many little fast food restaraunts close. The room has a fridge and a microwave. We were happy with the value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I felt like I got what I paid for. The building and furnishings are showing their age (cigarette burns in the clean blankets, TV that needed a few minutes to get going), but the area was quiet and a short drive into Nashville. Overall cleanliness was 7.5-8 out of 10. On the plus side, the wifi signal and temperature/ water pressure in the shower were both great. Nice to have a fridge and microwave too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge North? Share your experiences!