“iffy neighborhood bedbugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Tacoma, Washington
“iffy neighborhood bedbugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

the hotel is located in a bad area of nashville.the desk clerk was very unprofessional.he looked liked he had just woken up and was in his dirty attire all wrinkled. When checking in it was like a burden to him that we came to disturb his sleep and was very rude.The room was in very dirty unkempt shape.when puliing sheets there were big holes and bed bugs and roaches crawling all over the beddings.there were people shouting loudly in the parking lot and rooms.the people were of strange behavior.drug dealers were swarming aroungd the property.we checked out from the property as they would not listen to our issues and did not refund us our money as desk clerk mentioned he had no authority to do so.he was good at taking our money when renting room .buyer beware stay away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a weekend trip to Nashville. I was worried, beacuse it was one of the only places we could find to stay, as there was a lot going on in Nashville when we stayed. It was clean, yes it smelled like smoke, but you know going in it's a smoking hotel. The staff was nice enough, they helped us find a taxi cab, but we didn't really rely on them for anthing else.It was $20 to take a cab into Nashville from here (including tip). many little fast food restaraunts close. The room has a fridge and a microwave. We were happy with the value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I felt like I got what I paid for. The building and furnishings are showing their age (cigarette burns in the clean blankets, TV that needed a few minutes to get going), but the area was quiet and a short drive into Nashville. Overall cleanliness was 7.5-8 out of 10. On the plus side, the wifi signal and temperature/ water pressure in the shower were both great. Nice to have a fridge and microwave too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

In fairness - we stayed only one night at this hotel, and it generally served its purpose (bed, bath, and a quick night's sleep). However, I would never stay here again.

I wasn't even really greeted upon check in. The clerk was on the phone (clearly a personal phone call), sitting behind a thick security wall of plexiglass, and honestly did not utter a word to me, other than slipping something through the little window for me to sign and muttering my room number. Fine - not the most hospitable, I can get over it.

Checked into our room and it reeked like smoke. I was prepared for this as I was told they only had smoking rooms available when I made the reservation. Fine, I was told ahead of time, I can get over it, even though it was nasty.

Went to unpack and low and behold - I found drugs and paraphernalia in one of the drawers. Seriously. Had my husband confirm what I was seeing and promptly packed up again and returned to the lobby. The clerk was still on the phone but quickly hung up when I told her what we'd found and that we wanted another room - stat. She was apologetic and quickly moved us to another room...a nonsmoking room in fact. Huh....thought I was told that none were available? Guess they make an exception when illegal drugs are found?

So we settled into our new, non smoking room. It was fine. Nothing fancy but was generally clean. Linens were poor quality but again, it was the Econo Lodge, I wasn't expecting much.

Throughout the night, there was a lot of "traffic" in and out of a room below us. I saw several cars come and go and it was clear to me that whomever was using that room was likely not a fellow traveler but rather someone conducting some sort of "business". It was very loud throughout the night.

This hotel is in a mixed area of Nashville - definitely some unsavory surroundings nearby. I probably wouldn't have felt as unsafe had I not discovered the drugs in room #1, and not witnessed all of "traffic" in the room below but truthfully, those two things, coupled with the surrounding neighborhood just made me a bit uneasy.

We didn't attempt the breakfast so I have no comment on that.

The room was cheap. The clerk was accomodating in moving us to another room. The rooms were "okay". But would I do it again? Absolutely not. Pay the extra money and stay elsewhere.

Also - general traveler tip....in some bigger cities, it's not a big deal to stay 5-7 miles away from downtown but this general location did not feel at all convenient to downtown. So if you're going to Nashville to check out the honky tonks, etc. - you really are better off to stay somewhere closer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

great experience and great rate. internet worked great in the room. room was clean and had amenities like shampoo, soap, and lotion. towels were clean and fluffy.
we didnt eat breakfast here so not sure about it

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

You have to love Econo Lodge - they are not fancy, and most could use a good update. But it always has the things you look for and need. Large room, fridge, microwave, a table and two chairs, and comfy beds. We also like the sink and vanity outside the tub/toilet area, and Econo Lodge usually has this arrangement.
We also like motels with outside entrances to the room - where you can park right in front of your door and you don't have to shlep your luggage up stairs and down long halls.
This Econo Lodge had it all. Nice size TV, two queen beds (they don't have any king beds) and an really great shower - pulsating water flow and lots of it. And high enough for a tall person to shower comfortably.
Was it fancy? No. And it could use some refurbishing attention. But it was a good night's sleep with all the things we look for in a room. Can't ask for much more - and at a great price.
Skip the breakfast - it was basically non-existant.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking, so all the rooms seem to be in a good location.