“Decent rooms, uninformative staff, still undergoing remodel” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #80 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
“Decent rooms, uninformative staff, still undergoing remodel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed for a business trip. Were upgraded to a king size suite at no charge, most likely because they were very slow. Staid on the second floor, and it smelled fresh, stopped on the third floor to meet a co - worker and immediately was hit with an awful old food/musty type of smell (and this floor has already been updated). The lady at the front desk didn't give us any details on amenities or even wi-fi/breakfast information.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The first day my boyfriend went to the bathroom & lifted the seat up there was dried piss on it. So it obviously wasn't cleaned thoroughly.We left our hotel in the morning & returned about 5pm & our room door was open! He went to the front desk to notify them & we were told it was probably housekeeping. But that means our room door had to open for at least 5 hours

• Stayed July 2014
Moline, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Built for another chain years before, now being renovated. Not the country inn & suites you usually see. Hope they can finish it off cause the bathrooms were upgraded and rooms were above average and the price was in line. Quick stop on way to myrtle beach, didn't expect much but was disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear DonLouann,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Arab, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I came on a weekend trip to Nashville for our wedding anniversary and snagged a great deal on this hotel from a hotwire special. We didn't know what to expect but the location was so convenient to everything we planned to do that weekend. It was only about 5-10 minutes to the shopping, restaurants and downtown. We were pleased over all.

The staff was very courteous and helped me out at midnight- when we went to eat our cake for our one year anniversary- I realized I didn't have any forks! The guy at the front desk we nice and laughed and gave us some forks. The rooms were clean. I had no real complaints. The only annoyance was this sound that seemed to be coming from the basement parking deck, when the car doors would slam it would make a loud boom that startled me and woke me up several times. It was not a big deal and I would certainly stay here again if for nothing other than the location.

The beds and pillows were comfy! I did wake up and plan to go downstairs and eat breakfast and although it smelled delicious and looked good... I was too tired/hungover to eat. LOL. Over all a positive experience.

Bedford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This has got to be one of the worst hotels I have ever been to.

We booked two nights in this hotel and then another night for four days later before we left the UK, when we arrived from Las Vegas we were looking forward to a couple of nights in Nashville.

When we arrived at the hotel straight away I thought the reception area was a bit tired looking, The reception staff were quite unapproachable and not very friendly, the receptionist was having a row on the telephone with a customer which I thought very unprofessional.

We were told they had electrical work going on so we couldn't have the room that we had booked (double bed) and we had to have a room with two smaller beds instead, they gave us the keycard and didn't even bother to tell us the room number or where the lifts were or anything basically!!

We found the lifts and as soon as we got in there was a odd smell, when we got out on the 3rd floor the smell became stronger and infact the whole of the third floor stank of damp and mould.

Our room was even worse, it stank!! As we looked around we realised it was also filthy, the carpet had dirt all around the edges and damp patches next to the bed, the beds themselves were not made properly and had black crumbs or something in them.. We were disgusted and decided to leave as to be honest id have felt uncomfortable taking my shoes off in that room.

Tina in reception was actually quite apologetic and understanding and said that she would make a note that we weren't going to stay and that we should contact lastminute.com on our return home for a refund. She even arranged for a taxi to find us another hotel. Thank god for the Hyatt place downtown...

However, now we are home the hotel are trying to say we returned for the final night we had booked and wont authorise a refund so were having to take matters further.. I can tell you I would NEVER return to that awful place.. What a nightmare...

Room Tip: Dont go here!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear emshems,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered with the staff or your guest room during this stay . We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I live 65 miles from here but had an extra early flight on the day after Memorial Day so I decided to stay in a hotel. I have always liked Country Inn and Suites for short stays so I decided to stay at this one. It was a great choice! I got to stay in my favorite hotel location, on the back side away from the busy street but it wouldn't have made a difference, the rooms are well insulated or something because it is so quiet and peaceful.
The room itself was nice and well appointed with good lighting, plenty of floor space and plenty of electrical outlets at the desk. The room air conditioner was a little noisy but that just kept me from hearing outside noises.
The front desk staff was very friendly and helped me arrange for a shuttle pick-up for my early flight. The one thing I really appreciated was the location. It is the closest hotel to the airport and is within walking distance of several restaurants.
The only negative was the bathroom is rather small but everything was nice and clean and the bed was quite comfortable. I would definitely stay here again,

Room Tip: Get a room in back on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here because downtown hotels were all full due to the Country Music Festival. We found the location to be very convenient to downtown and were overwhelmed with the friendly service we encountered during this brief stay. LaSean, the van driver, was super friendly and gave us a free ride to and from a nearby restaurant. Tina, the front desk supervisor was awesome! She was so personable and fun and is a rare gem! She even linked us up with a great $10 downtown shuttle for our concert. Our room was spacious, updated and clean. Great value and location. Definitely will stay here again!

Room Tip: Although the hotel is really close to the interstate, we found the guest room to be very quite. We w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!