“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a very clean and comfortable hotel convenient to Opryland and the east side of Nashville. Overall, I give it all fives except for the breakfast, and that's about a 3. It's not too bad with some hot food (eggs, sausage, waffles), but there is a Cracker Barrel next door if you want something fancier. There's also a grocery store about a mile away. Staff was also very friendly. I travel to Nashville several times a year and have been looking for a regular place, and I think this will be my choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Huron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at this locations a number of times on business and it is pretty much what you'd expect from a Comfort Suites. The reall difference is the service of the Adrian, one of the hotel's Manager. In all fo my times at this location, I have never been disappointed by his attitude and service. I hope that he is being noticed by the hotel's owners as a rela asset. Again, the hotel and such is what you'd expect from this line. I got what I expected which doesn't always happen on on the road.

Room Tip: First floor or top floor is usually how I book.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the stay every much. After a very long day of driving, we finally arrived to the Hotel. It was easy to get to and lots near it. The staff was really friendly, he offered to show us some place to eat or if we would prefer delivery who delivers to the hotel and which ones they had some coupons for, the gentleman really went out of his way. I would differently stay again. I loved the fact it was noisey and it was easy to fall asleep.

• Stayed January 2013
fletcher
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room I had was nicely furnished and had a very comfortable bed. The location was wonderful, just a few miles from the airport. There is a shopping center behind the hotel and several good restaurants within walking distance. One of the cheaper gas stations is a block away. The staff was generally very helpful but some more so than others, maybe they were just having a bad day. The breakfast was the typical comfort junk though. I guess it depends on the owner. I have been to some comfort's that have a really nice and well prepared breakfast, but this isn't one of them. I stayed there for 3 days and all three days the breakfast was pretty pathetic. There is a Waffle House and Cracker Barrel right across the street so I suggest you break down and get a good hearty breakfast somewhere else. Over all this is a nice property and in a good location, also good value for the price. Parking is limited so if you have a large vehicle or a trailer you can park out on the street as I saw several do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

After a long drive from the Midwest, we stopped here on the way to Florida. We had reservations in advance after checking Trip Advisor reviews. Had a good senior rate. We had a suite with a sitting room and very comfortable bed and bedding. The room was clean, quiet, and a good stop on a long drive. Breakfast was included; pretty good with scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles.A nice perk when you are tired was a half block walk to a Cracker Barrel restaurant.
We would definitely stay here again.The location of the hotel put us on the south side of town, and easy to get on the interstate on the way to Florida.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LaPorte, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed overnight on a trip to Florida. Clean and friendly staff. Internet was not working but not a big deal. Had adjoining rooms which worked out great. Everything was as I would expect from this hotel chain. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Geneseo, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Some front desk staff were VERY helpful, others not so much. My family and I stayed here 2 nights recently to break up a long drive. We could not get the internet connection to work either of the nights we were there. We wound up connecting to a weak signal from a neighboring hotel. We tried iPhones, an iPad, and a laptop to no avail. We did report the issue to the front desk and they said they would look into it and call us back, but never did.
Breakfast was a bit of a mess. There was a basketball team staying there and maybe they just couldn't keep up. But there were issues like the yogurt being over a week expired...if little things like that aren't kept up on, what else old is being used? We did report the old yogurt, and they replaced it with non-expired yogurt fairly promptly.
The room was fine otherwise, and if you are looking for a "larger-than-average" hotel pool, this one was great. My kids really enjoyed it, and the pool was well maintained.
We did have some very noisy neighbors, but the front desk did call and ask them to quiet down...they did. Thank you for that!
So a bit mixed on this one. With a little effort this could have been much better. Nothing they can't fix

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!