“Surprised at how nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Surprised at how nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We are used to staying in nice hotels, but everything was booked. I read the reviews here and they were all very good. This stay surprised us with the large rooms, great staff (Thanks Joann!) and overall cleanliness of the hotel. Really, quite shocked for the price. I would have expected twice as much. Its closer to downtown than you think too, which was a pleasant surprise. I would stay here again...and that is saying something.

Room Tip: Everything is non-smoking, so you can't go wrong. We stayed on the 2nd floor in the middle and h...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here the weekend of June 16th based on the reviews and it was an excellent choice. The rooms were clean and the decor updated. The beds were comfy. We didn't use the pool, but many others did use the pool. The front desk staff were friendly. When we arrived, they were having some elevator issues as it would not stop on 2nd floor-thankfully we were not on 2nd floor. The continental breakfast was available, but I did not partake, so I cannot comment on the quality of breakfast. The location was close to downtown and for the price and quality, it was worth it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Really nice. The three stars are well deserved. A little farther from Grand Ole Opry, but well worth it.
Nice people, Lovely room with all the goodies, and a great breakfast.
Indoor pool, "Two computers for guests use...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My daughter and I took my husband out for Fathers Day. We chose this hotel because of the location being close to Long Hunter State Park because they have a mountain bike trail. It is a great location right off the interstate. The man at the front desk was super nice and very helpful in helping us find a nice restaurant close by because traffic was busy with it being a Saturday night. They also let us keep the bikes in our room. Very nice! Rooms were comfortable and beds were great! There is live music near the hotel, so if your a light sleeper, you may want some earplugs. Its not loud in your room, but you can hear it when the TV is off. It didn't bother us though. We would definately stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I recently stayed here on my trip to Nashville. I chose this location due to it being the CMA Festival and all of the hotels in downtown Nashville were either booked or ridiculously priced. I used my Choice rewards points to book this hotel and that worked out really well for me. The hotel was very easy to find and easy to get to. Check in was really fast, even though the manager wasn't the most helpful person out there (didn't even mention where our room was located or best way to get there). He was still friendly enough though. Our room was on the 2nd floor, right above the front of the building's awning. Not much of a view, but it was a nice room. There was a separate seating area with couch, table, and chair. The bed was nice and tall and really comfortable. The only complaint that I have is there seems to be water damage on the ceiling right inside the door. There is a brown spot and what appeared to be mold beginning to grow (I'll try to add a photo at some point!). We went down for the free breakfast the next morning; it consisted of cereal, make your own waffles, fruit, eggs, etc. It was rather good for a free breakfast and the staff seemed to keep the area well stocked and clean. The lobby was full of people eating, so I think they would agree. On another note, a few feet away from this hotel is a bar with live music. We heard the band playing outside when we arrived back at our hotel for the night. Some people parked in the hotel lot and walked over to the bar. It was nice and loud outside, but when we got into our room, it was a faint noise (this was a Friday night). Overall, I would probably stay at this hotel again. It was one of the cleaner and newer ones I've been to in Nashville.

Room Tip: Probably don't want to stay in the rooms closest to the bar. I imagine that the music would be...
Evergreen Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Where do I begin.......after many hours on the road and with the anticipated expectation of good service, clean rooms, decent room sizes, and overall the same Chicago vibe as I am use to. This was by far the WORST hotel that I have stayed at and to top it off, I booked my family to endure this torture as well, I had to apologize every time I saw one of them.
The rooms are so small and there is barely any room to move around. There is MOLD in the bathroom tub area, and there are no vents at all in the bathrooms! All I kept saying was this was the worst hotel that I stayed at over and over again for 5 days. The bedding smelled and the carpet was disgusting!

This hotel has 2 people to clean all of the guest rooms and it shows. The pool is small and probably has not been cleaned in years, don’t get in. The breakfast is so bad and unsanitary that it simply disgust me to watch the man at the front desk doing the preparation of the food, putting the food out, making the coffee, and get this he runs back to the desk handles money, the computer and other things all with hands that he did not wear gloves with just a second ago.

Horrible. I would not recommend my dog to stay in this dump.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Suites driving to MN. It was a good stay. Breakfast was good. Room was clean and comfortable. I'll most likely stay here again when driving back through since I have a house in MN and FL.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!