“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Blakely, Georgia
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Our stay was very nice. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the hotel was centrally located to all areas of Nashville we were interested in visiting. We booked a "Bed and Breakfast" package online and were very pleased with the quality of the cooked-to-order breakfast served each morning. With the exception of the front desk staff who were professional but not friendly, all other employees were very pleasant and helpful. Although the parking fees were a bit high, we knew about them in advance and they were comparable to the parking fees at surrounding hotels. An unexpected perk was the hotel shuttle service that would take patrons anywhere they wished to go (within a certain radius) and pick them up when they were ready to return to the hotel (before midnight). Also, this hotel offers FREE high speed internet which came in handy...most of the hotels we researched offered internet services for a fee. If we find ourselves in Nashville again, we will certainly stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear sanlangley,

Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor.com. We are happy that you chose to stay with us and am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I want to apologize for your perception of the front desk. We have recently made some changes to our staff and have started a more rigorous training program for guest service skills. I assure you we are improving! We hope you visit Nasvhille again soon and chose to stay with us. Thanks again for the review!

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

My significant other and I had stayed here in January 2010 and had a perfect experience ---the hotel was nearly vacant as the roads were covered in snow. I requested an even number room (they say if you don't want to hear the traffic from the street, you should request an even number room) and it was extremely relaxing and quiet.

We stayed again in July 2010 and I asked for a King Evolution room with an even room number --- I got an even numbered room but they stuck us in a corner room that overlooks the loud street. Plus, our neighbors were loud college aged boys that kept slamming their door as they constantly went in and out of their room. Around 4:00 AM, one of them kept beating on their room door so their friends would let them in after partying downtown all night.

On the positive side, both times I've stayed, the room and hotel itself was clean

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear neg4f,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com and for visiting our hotel for a second time! I apologize for the noisy experience you had recently. Being so close to the Universities and the Entertainment district of Nashville, we have our fair share of guests who are here to party. We try to control it as much as possible but sometimes we fall short. However, I hope you enjoyed your upgraded corner room as those are the best ones in the house. Tthey are the only even numbered room that is over the street, but have a fanatastic view of downtown. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again the next time you come to Music City!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Our family reunion "Home Base" this year was at this Hilton Garden Inn. We had 36 people from ages four to eighty. No one had any complaints. The catering manager was always available, and worked with the family committee before we arrived. The staff from valet parking, front desk, maid service and restaurant employees were all professional and courteous. Rooms were ultra clean and comfy. The huge Hospitality Suite was well worth the price and served as our game, meeting, TV, and after hour entertainment area. I'm very pleased we chose this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Macman211,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com! We are very pleased to read that all of you and your extended family had a wonderful time in our hotel and in Nasvhille. We hope you chose us again for your next visit to Nashville, with or without the extended family! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed here on the last night of our "Magnolia College Tour" the night before we toured Vanderbilt. We were tired and hungry after our long drive up from New Orleans, but the staff was great and pointed us to a great BBQ restaurant downtown (I don't remember the name). The room was nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. The fitness room and pool were both nice. The location is very convinient to Vanderbilt University. I would recomend this hotel to anyone visiting Vanderbilt University or the city of Nashville.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Dear tob244 ,

Thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com! We love what we do and when we succeed at providing our guests a friendly, clean and comfortable place to stay while they're traveling, it is always a pleasure to hear. The next time you visit Vanderbilt University or Music City, we hope you choose us again. Thanks again for the review and we lookf forward to hearing from you again soon!

Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

My husband and I came to visit our oldest son this past April and chose to stay at the new Hilton. One because of the brand and 2 because a good friend of his is involved with the Hotel. The Hotel is truly a nice addition to the downtown places in Nashville to stay. We will be back.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear fmrada,

Thank you so much for the reveiw on tripadvisor.com! We love it when our guests post online about the enjoyment of their stay. Thank you so much for choosing us for the second time (I heard you stayed with us again just last week!) and we look forward to hosting you whenever you visit your son in Nashville again. We hope to see you again soon!

Bettendorf, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My wife and I stopped here for 1 night on our first leg of our vacation. She loves to shop at the Green Hills Mall so thats why we chose this HGI. The Mall is a 3.5 mile drive away so the location was pretty good.
We arrived around 12:30pm and I went to check in. The room was ready and we unloaded our luggage and headed out for the day.
We came back around 7pm and self parked in the garage next to the hotel. The cost for parking is $18 plus tax which brings it to just shy of $20. That's way too much and irritated me since you have no other options than to take it.
The room is clean and pretty decent. Desk has a Herman Miller chair and the air conditioner was excellent since it was 95 outside. Room had a small frig & microwave plus a decent sized flat-screen TV. The beds are extremely firm which I like but you may not.
The internet was good and was free which surprised me since I thought after the parking fee they would've tried to gouge you for that.
The front desk staff are adequate at best. Not over friendly but not rude either. I felt as if I was taking up the guy's time during check in.
The major drawback is the CONSTANT street noise. We were on the 3rd floor and the street traffic is amazingly loud. The Vanderbilt Medical center is just up the road and the ambulances running up & down the road with blaring sirens is extremely LOUD. You could count on one every 15-30 minutes ALL day & night. I read other reviews and several commented on these ambulances and they were right.
The facility was fairly new and clean but I think I'll try a hotel in the suburbs where I can park my own car without an outrageous $20 fee and get a good nights sleep without thinking about when the next ambulance is going to come blaring by.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Dear ISPmotor,

Thank you for posting a reveiw of the Hilton Garden Inn- Vanderbilt. All reviews are very much appreciated. I am sorry that you found the parking rates unreasonable, but most hotels in our neighborhood do charge for parking with the price averaging around $15-$20 per night.

In regards to the street noise, being close to the city's hospitals has it's advantages and disadvantages. One of the disadvantages is of course the amubulance traffic. On your next visit please request an even numbered room to be placed in a room away from the street.

Once again, thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com and we look forward to hosting you again should you come to Nashville!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I stayed here for just one night but was impressed with the good customer service provided by the valet and check-in staff. They recommended a great place for lunch, Lime, which is just down the street. My room was clean and spacious. I had a lovely view of downtown Nashville. I stay at HGIs often and the newer ones always provide exactly what I need for my business trip. The workout room was a good size too.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Dear LizzChicago,

Thank you for review on TripAdvisor.com! We always love to know our staff and facilities are meeting and exceeding your needs and expectations. We hope you chose to stay with us again the next time business or pleasure brings you to Nashville. Thanks again for the great review and we hope to see you soon.

Juan C. Mera

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!