“The Hilton Garden Inn Nashville is truly a nice place to lay down your head.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt

Double Points Package
Ranked #15 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charleston, West Virginia
“The Hilton Garden Inn Nashville is truly a nice place to lay down your head.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

My husband and I came to visit our oldest son this past April and chose to stay at the new Hilton. One because of the brand and 2 because a good friend of his is involved with the Hotel. The Hotel is truly a nice addition to the downtown places in Nashville to stay. We will be back.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Dear fmrada,

Thank you so much for the reveiw on tripadvisor.com! We love it when our guests post online about the enjoyment of their stay. Thank you so much for choosing us for the second time (I heard you stayed with us again just last week!) and we look forward to hosting you whenever you visit your son in Nashville again. We hope to see you again soon!

Juan C. Mera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Bettendorf, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My wife and I stopped here for 1 night on our first leg of our vacation. She loves to shop at the Green Hills Mall so thats why we chose this HGI. The Mall is a 3.5 mile drive away so the location was pretty good.
We arrived around 12:30pm and I went to check in. The room was ready and we unloaded our luggage and headed out for the day.
We came back around 7pm and self parked in the garage next to the hotel. The cost for parking is $18 plus tax which brings it to just shy of $20. That's way too much and irritated me since you have no other options than to take it.
The room is clean and pretty decent. Desk has a Herman Miller chair and the air conditioner was excellent since it was 95 outside. Room had a small frig & microwave plus a decent sized flat-screen TV. The beds are extremely firm which I like but you may not.
The internet was good and was free which surprised me since I thought after the parking fee they would've tried to gouge you for that.
The front desk staff are adequate at best. Not over friendly but not rude either. I felt as if I was taking up the guy's time during check in.
The major drawback is the CONSTANT street noise. We were on the 3rd floor and the street traffic is amazingly loud. The Vanderbilt Medical center is just up the road and the ambulances running up & down the road with blaring sirens is extremely LOUD. You could count on one every 15-30 minutes ALL day & night. I read other reviews and several commented on these ambulances and they were right.
The facility was fairly new and clean but I think I'll try a hotel in the suburbs where I can park my own car without an outrageous $20 fee and get a good nights sleep without thinking about when the next ambulance is going to come blaring by.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Dear ISPmotor,

Thank you for posting a reveiw of the Hilton Garden Inn- Vanderbilt. All reviews are very much appreciated. I am sorry that you found the parking rates unreasonable, but most hotels in our neighborhood do charge for parking with the price averaging around $15-$20 per night.

In regards to the street noise, being close to the city's hospitals has it's advantages and disadvantages. One of the disadvantages is of course the amubulance traffic. On your next visit please request an even numbered room to be placed in a room away from the street.

Once again, thank you for the review on tripadvisor.com and we look forward to hosting you again should you come to Nashville!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I stayed here for just one night but was impressed with the good customer service provided by the valet and check-in staff. They recommended a great place for lunch, Lime, which is just down the street. My room was clean and spacious. I had a lovely view of downtown Nashville. I stay at HGIs often and the newer ones always provide exactly what I need for my business trip. The workout room was a good size too.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Dear LizzChicago,

Thank you for review on TripAdvisor.com! We always love to know our staff and facilities are meeting and exceeding your needs and expectations. We hope you chose to stay with us again the next time business or pleasure brings you to Nashville. Thanks again for the great review and we hope to see you soon.

Prospect, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Recently my father was rushed to the hospital with a collapsed lung. I live about three hours from Nashville in a small community just northeast of Louisville, Kentucky. My 23 year old son and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn just blocks from Vanderbilt Hospital. From the first moment I walked into the lobby until we checked out, the entire experience was perfect. The staff was amazing, the rooms were immaculate, the chefs were so very talented and friendly - interacting with us before and after our meals. I promise you...if you have an emergency, this is the place to be. My father is home and recovering; but, I will certainly visit this hotel again ANYTIME I need or want to stay in Nashville.

• Stayed May 2010
Dear Lisalville,

Thank you so much for the glowing review on Tripadvisor.com! We always love to hear that our staff is exceeding our guests expectations. I am sorry for the circumstances of which brought you to our hotel, but am so glad you chose us! We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Nashville!

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I travelled alone to Nashville, wanted to stay a nice place!
The hotel is okay.
The staff is not very helpful and are all a little bit strange.
There is a lot of noice at the hotel at nights, people are screaming
and talking loudly. Complained once, helped a little bit. But the staff
should really walk around in the hallways at the night, and make sure
that people are quiet.
The breakfast at the hotel should be free, they don`t have so much to choose from.
Toast, waffles, some old fruit and some warm food.
I stayed for 5 days, and never got toilet paper. Had to ask for it every day!!
Not good!
One thing that is good about the hotel is the free shuttle that can take
you free within 3 miles. Works okay. Even though some of the drivers are really stupid.
I asked to find a museum, and he was so lost. So he droped me off FAR away from the museum. He sayd he knew that it was wrong. I knew the way to the museum though.
It is possible to walk from the hotel to downtown, but it takes a while!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 17, 2010
Dear worldwider41,

Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor.com. Reviews are always helpful in ensuring the betterment of our hotel and service. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. More specifically the toilet paper issue. The tissue holders in our hotel are located deep, under the granite counter, and I admit they can be a little difficult to find. This was a slight oversight in construction, and we are now taking steps to make the holders a little more obvious to our guests.

In regards to breakfast, all Hilton Garden Inn's charge for breakfast and offer a smorgasboard! All of the items you mentioned, plus yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, grits, potatoes eggs any style, and many other hot and cold items! If you choose to visit us again, please make sure to order one of our cooked to order omelets-I assure you it will be delicious!

Once again thank you for your review and visitin our fine city!

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We booked 4 rooms for graduation months in advance. We called when we arrived at airport. They said they should have some rooms at 1230. We arrived at hotel after 1:30.. Front desk said they would have some rooms at 2:30. We had my husband's 80+ mother with us and she needed to rest prior to 4 pm ceremony. They said check in time was 4 PM. I understood this and that the hotel had been full the night before however I have never experienced being unable to get at least one room early when requested. Then I noticed other people checking in. They said they had blocked 4 rooms on 8th floor for us and none were ready. Finally got a room at 3:30 after sitting in lobby for hours. Staff was rude and unhelpful. They were not solution oriented and made it clear they did not care. They just kept saying check in is 4pm and they were not obligated to help us prior to that. We came back in the evening to discovery one of our rooms was on a different floor, so much for them saying they were waiting for 4 rooms they had blocked for us on one floor.... Night manager was nice and responsive however when we inquired why last room was on different floor. Also hotel van driver was very nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
Dear ConnieRSpencer1952,

Thank you for your feedback in posting a reveiw on tripadvisor.com. We make every effort to review all postings, both good and bad as it helps us develop our customer service skills.

I apologize that you had a delay at check in. During extremely high occupancy periods, such as Spring commencement in Nashville, it is sometimes difficult to grant all guests requests at the time they are requested. We do our best, but in this case we fell short.

If you are ever in Nashville again, we hope you will give us another chance in meeting and exceeding your expectations. Once again, thank you for your patronage at our hotel and for posting your review.

Merrily A. Bell
Assistant General Manager
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Made Graduation reservations months ahead of time for multiple rooms for extended family. Arrived early in the day and called to see whether rooms would be available and we were told 12:30. We all went to lunch and arrived at the appointed time and were told that the rooms would be ready at 2:30, we told the hotel that it was important that the 12 people had a chance to change and prepare for our event at 4. We came back to the hotel and watched numerous guests check in the hotel while my 86 year old mother sat in the lobby. 2:30 came and went and no rooms. The hotel staff was absolutely NO HELP AT ALL! The staff was AWFUL. We were finally told, after sitting in the lobby for several hours, that "Check-In is 4:00 p.m.". After forcing us to sit for several hours in the lobby with no explanation the hotel did nothing to make it right.
Additionally, before we arrived we tried to book an additional rook and the hotel said there was now a 3 day minimum and the rate was $100 higher, This hotel gouges travelers. AVOID THIS HOTEL

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Dear rlsrelaw1 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com . All feedback is appreciated as it helps us with customer service and ways to improve our hotel. We do our best to acquiesce to guest requests, but during extremely high occupancy days, that can sometimes be a challenge.

We are currently investigating your complaints to see what the delay was with checkin. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Merrily Bell, CHA
Assistant GM

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!