“Good Location, Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Durham, NC
“Good Location, Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

Stay here on a recent trip to Nashville for a Wedding. The hotel is located on a busy street, but that gives great access to downtown. We actually walked to all the bars on two occasions, but the hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within 2 miles, includes downtown, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Vanderbilt. The room was average. It did have a mini-fridge which I always appreciate. The A/C system seemed a bit strange. It would get real cold, then real warm before turning back on. You would be sweating in bed for a bit, then freezing. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was a bid hard, but I also did not try to adjust it (I forgot you could do that). Overall, I enjoyed the staff and would be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Leonard B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thanks you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. We certainly hope that you will come back and visit with us again, very soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed every minute. The hotel is located between downtown Nashville and Vanderbilt University. A shuttle bus will give you a ride or pick you up within a 2 mile radius. The drivers were very friendly and efficient. The staff was helpful with anything we needed. My only complaint was that the beds are hard. The firmness was supposed to be adjustable but mine never felt soft enough.

• Stayed August 2014
Leonard B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We pride ourselves in making everyone feel like family. I am sorry however, regarding the bed. We want you to be comfortable. We hope you come back and visit with us again soon,

CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Although there are many places to stay in Nashville, the HGI wins hands down! This is primarily because of Edward, their charming, funny, courteous,helpful employee who works in the bar and dining room area. I am flying in today for my fifth trip there in the last few months and can't wait to be pampered by Edward. He is bigger than life and always makes our group laugh, and then laugh some more. Edward goes out of his way to ensure that your drinks and meals are perfect, He is the reason I always stay at the Nashville Hilton Garden Inn, HH Diamond Members are well taken care of here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Leonard B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thanks so much for your review. We treasure each of our team members, and Edward does an excellent job ! He will, I am sure be happy to see you again, as we all are. Thanks so much for your very kind words !

Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Situated on the northern edge of the Vanderbilt University community, though on a busy commercial boulevard, this hotel is only a few minutes from downtown, and, in light traffic, only 25 minutes from the airport. Although the staff at the front desk and in the dining area is profusely and genuinely courteous, and the beds and bathrooms are fully updated, the overall amenities and the food are not memorable. My primary issues were these: First, my room had a noisy a/c unit that had to be turned off to have a reasonably quiet room. In hot weather, this means you have to leave it on for an hour or so in the late afternoon or evening, so that it gets sufficiently cool to turn it off when you're ready to go to bed. Second, the breakfast fare is not that extraordinary, e.g. little tubs of Smucker's jam, and bland bagels and English muffins -- although cooked-to-order eggs and pancakes are quickly available. Also, the front of the hotel faces a major boulevard, so you should ask for a room on a high floor on the back side. The hotel has a parking garage (shared with a Hilton extended-stay hotel on a parallel street), which is convenient.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate any and all feedback as we attempt to make the experience of each guest better and better. Thanks again.

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

The stay that I had at this hotel was a terrible experience. I stayed there for 2 nights and I left $70 worth of items in the bathroom after I left and I reported it immediately. The managers never returned my calls for 3 days and after 20 times of calling I finally got in touch with the the housekeeping supervisor who did not help me at all and said to me "things that are left are never found and never returned". Which was shocking to me that they would allow this go on at a well known hotel. After I spoke to the manager of the hotel who was no help to me, he didn't even apologize for the inconvenience of having to call multiple times without a returned phone call and for all of my items being stolen. These items were very important to me and the hotel staff did nothing to try to retrieve it for me. The service from this hotel was not only disappointing, but embarrassing. Make sure to NOT leave anything in the room you stay in because it will be stolen and never returned to you!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so so sorry that your experience was not all that it should have been. If you have a moment and can give myself a call at the hotel, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you.

615-369-5900
Mebane, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

My first night (only) included a couple of bottled waters and a sweet treat (Goo-Goo bar(?)) This was a very nice facility with fairly warm accomodations, hot breakfast and lunch/dinner food choices (especially the omelets, oatmeal, fresh fruit, Angus burger, (I also hear from a coworker that the grilled chicken salad(?) was very good), etc.) The associated dining room crew(s) was(were) very helpful and pleasant overall. Since a business traveler and riding (a passenger) in a company supplied vehicle, I am not sure on the (apparent) per 24-hour period parking deck fees. A good rate nevertheless for my group....not sure of normal rates for a single room, but I'm going to check back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are grateful for your choosing us for your stay. We hope that this will encourage you to visit with us.

On behalf of the entire team, THANKS

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We enjoyed our stay immensely and the staff went out of their way to make sure that everything went smoothly, even going out of their way at times. The hotel is centrally located on Broadway and convenient. We definitely will be back!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We want to thank you for taking the time to leave your great compliments. We are hopefull that you will come back and see us again soon!!

On behalf of the entire team

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!