“will stay again” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Baraboo,
“will stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Enjoyed an impromptu trip to Nashville. Although the reservations were a mess and the check in girl couldn't say more than 2 words without answering the phone, over and over again, we finally got into our room. Our room was next to elevator but we never heard it. Although on the 4th floor, we were surprised how loud the street sounds were. It was clean, and a convenient location. Larry was an excellent shuttle driver, giving us great tips-the afternoon shuttle driver was awful-didn't know where he was going and when we called for a return ride, he told us to walk 6 blocks so it was easier for him :( . A bit pricey and although we attempted to get the parking discount, the reservationist didn't know how to add it to our reservation and after 15 minutes on the phone, we decided jut to pay the overpriced parking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Chitowngirl75,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and intend to return. However, I am very sorry for the busyness at check in and for your interaction with one of the shuttle drivers. That is unacceptable and we will be sure to address. We really appreciate you staying with us during your trip and do hope to see you again very soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Green, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Let's start in order.
Check in.
Check in is at 4 and we arrived at 3:30, we booked a junior suite they gave us room 508 witch is next to the elevator I don't know what the other reviews are saying I did not hear the elevator once.

Room.
The suite had a living space with a pull out bed and 2 tvs then past the bathroom is 2 adjustable queen size beds the window looked out over the parking garage which was only a problem if you look down at the gradge roof, if you look up you can see the skyline.

Bed problem.

The beds where very comfortable after you adjust them but I stood at the side of the bed for at least 5 min and there was a baby bed bug on my leg and one on the bed skirt, I took at bed a part and did not see any more so I think it was safe but they did not clean the bed at all there was crumbs on the bed when I arrived.

Hotel breakfast, parking, pool.

Breakfast it's $11 for a muffin eggs and yogurt, I went to the pancake pantry .5 miles away which was very good but get there early they have a long line after 7:30. Parking is $23 self and $27 valid with just a small walk out of the hotel. The pool is 3 ft - 5 ft and warm, but the second night there was a baseball team at the pool screeming and yelling, we could here them from our room and they where running up and down the halls so we called front desk they made them stay in there room or go to the ball room on floor 9.

Hotel shuttle.
The shuttle is free and will pick up and drop you off anywhere within a 2 mile radius, you call them when you want picked up, which was very convenient.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

we stayed here for the 4th of july weekend and loved our stay! (p.s. nashville's fireworks are top notch!) the facility was bright and clean. the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! the pool was great, the work out room was great, the bartender was hilarious!

i have zero complaints about this hotel and i will be staying here again next time i visit nashville!

oh, and they put these delicious treats in your room called "goo goo clusters" - they are so good! i asked them to send me home to ohio with some and they did!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Whit R,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip on the 4th of July. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found Nashville's firework expo to be top notch. Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor and for your kind words in regards to the service you received! Please keep us in mind during your next visit! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We arrived on a red eye. We were allowed to check in early (thank you). The staff at every turn was helpful, answered questions, and was extremely friendly. We were looking at colleges, so in and out quite a bit. Hotel was clean, breakfast was good, and internet in room was fab. Price of parking only negative, but everything else was fab. Will return. Shout out to Beck at the front desk who gave us in depth information on MTSU :) super helpful. I lost my ring in, and the staff handled this very well. They looked in my room, let me know it was not there, and then I returned later that evening to find that someone from the garage had turned in my ring. The whole thing was handled so professionally, and that was great. Who ever is running this hotel gets a big shout out.....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

colleent469,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! Becky is such an asset to our team, thank you for giving her a shout out. I remember vividly the missing ring, thankfully one of our other guests returned the ring shortly after we searched the room. I do hope you stay with us again during your next visit.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Reservation:
I reserved directly through Hilton's website using my government rate, so it was a breeze.

Valet:
Excellent valet service, if *slightly* expensive. However, the valet rate is spot on for other HGI properties so no biggie. The valet, Furious, was efficient and courteous, and even left the vehicle turned around for me and my buddy so we could jet over to the store after check in.

Check-In:
Check in was great. Was greeted by Benen and McKenna who (playfully) fought over who would check me in. Benen won, and off we go. Benen was understanding of the issues with my international CC, and worked with me to arrange cash payment on the room rate. I even was upgraded from a 2 bed standard to a 2 bed Junior Suite. Kudos to the front desk staff.

The Room:
What a great room (808). Pretty much standard for HGI Jr. Suites but immaculate cleanliness. The AC worked great, TV didn't have any fuzzy stations, shower wasn't covered in mold or grimy corners, linens were spotless, and the bed was heaven. The only downside was water pressure, which sort of faded in and out from time to time.

Minibar:
Sadly, no minibar.

Cleanliness:
Throughout the hotel, my room included, this property was excellently maintained and cleaned. Whomever is managing this place is doing a fine job.

Service:
Service was great! Benen was a huge help with directions and advice about local spots to eat (The Southern, by the way, was AMAZING). At night, after some time downtown, Kendal, Danielle, and Jamica greeted us and had some laughs with us, which was a nice surprise as I know night audit can sometimes be not so friendly depending on the property. They even suggested a great place to get some super-late night pizza and wings from, which was on point for sure. On check out, Kyle made sure everything was good and sent me and my buddy on our way. If I left anyone out, I apologize, but the trend here is that there was not a bad service point to be found. Keep up the good work!

Location:
I thought the location was great. It was close enough that a cab was only 7 bucks to get downtown, but far enough away that it wasn't crazy busy. The hotel offers a free shuttle downtown, though we didn't use it.

Other information:
-It's the little things that count, like the guitar pick on the night stand with the hotel details on it.

Cons:
-Water pressure in room

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
sixstringsent,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Nashville. We really appreciate your detailed review of your stay and are THRILLED to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. We're all so happy that you enjoyed your experience across all departments and that so many associates were so memorably during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Spent a relaxing two nights at this hotel June 2014. I was greeted by the friendly staff and a welcome table with lemonade, cucumber water and cookies. The beds were awesome, the rooms immaculate and so convenient with a microwave, refrigerator and a Keurig coffee maker and assorted coffees. I hopefully will get to stay here again in the future and if you book here, don't miss the Spinach Dip with pita chips in their restaurant- Delicious! Great location also!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Molly B,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Nashville. We really appreciate you choosing us and taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. It's great news to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us! I'm glad you enjoyed everything from the staff to the guest room to the Spinach dip at the restaurant. :) We hope to see you again!

North Apollo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Centrally located with free shuttle service to downtown Nashville. Rooms are on the smaller side, especially King size bed rooms. The Breakfast is an excellent choice - good selection and great omelets. There is a parking fee. Room service menu is very lacking with quality, variety and quantity of food. friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jeananne P,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Nashville. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you felt our breakfast was an "excellent choice." However, I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointing with the dinner/room service menu. We have recently changed our menu to increase the quality of our offering. I'm very sorry this did not meet your expectation.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on trip advisor and we do hope you stay with us again!