“great location, great service, good rooms, expensive parking!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, Alabama
“great location, great service, good rooms, expensive parking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

located right in the heart of the 21st Avenue/broadway/Vandy/West End area, plenty of great places to eat or drink within walking distance. Also they have shuttles to downtown. The hotel is new and the staff was very friendly. Price was good as well. My only complain was the 23 dollar parking and the distance from parking deck to room...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Noahparsons,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to thank you for your kind words in regards to the staff. In regards to the parking while there is a cost associated we will notice we offer parking for lower than that of our neighboring competitors. I wanted to let you know that while I understand the garage not being attached to the hotel (being right behind the building) we do offer valet to our guests that will enable you to now have to retrieve your car. Thank you again for your kind words! We hope to see you again very soon!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Davison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed at several Nashville hotels and this hotel ranks as one of the best for customer service. This hotel is located a little over a mile from the honky tonks on Broadway, however, we only walked it once because the shuttle service is one of the best I have ever experienced. The drivers all gave out cards for you to call them for pick-up service and they adjusted their hours because of the events in town. The hotel always had flavored water and snacks available and the front desk staff were helpful in providing information.
The only negatives were the lack of free breakfast and being overcharged for parking. However, there is a restaurant on site and when I brought the billing error to the attention of the staff a prompt adjustment was made to my account.
I was a little worried about staying a little further out from the downtown area, however, I would do it again. Midtown has restaurants that we enjoyed without the wait or crowds. We even experienced a free street concert in the area. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Queen suite which had a comfortable seating area. However, we had a view of the parki...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MJD01,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdivsor! We're thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time with us from the location, to the staff, to the shuttle and everything! I'm sorry for the billing error you experience, however glad to hear it was remedied so quickly. In regards to the breakfast, as part of the Hilton Garden Inn brand we do have a restaurant on site as opposed to the complimentary continental breakfast. While there is a cost associated, we offer three different ranges of breakfast from between $3.95 and $10.95 depending on the type of breakfast you wish to have. Also, while we do have a charge for our parking you will notice that we keep ourselves below that of our competitors and offer professional valet attendants and garage parking for all of our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to see you again very soon!

Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My children and I spent a night at this hotel Easter weekend and had a wonderful experience with the place and the staff. The room was clean and the shuttle service that brought us to the nearby church and back had been extremely helpful in getting us unhampered by the traffic in the area. Overall, that stay was exquisite which prompted me to choose the Hilton Garden Inn for the next trip away from home.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Coleen2012,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear you you enjoyed your Easter weekend trip with us! Our hotel is perfectly located so close to so much (such as the church you visited during your time with us.) Thank you also for your comments in regards to the staff. We pride ourselves in the services we offer, it's nice to hear good feedback from our guests! We look forward to your next visit!

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Nice modern hotel with very friendly staff. Rooms are clean and to a high standard. Not central to the city, but the Hotel offers a free shuttle bus to the city (20-25min walk) perfect for visiting lower Broadway for the Honky Tonk bars.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
yt_Skippy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in regards to your recent stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to visit trip advisor and wanted to thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our shuttle really helps create an incredible experience as we are able to be just outside of the downtown, however just 1 mile away which makes for a very quick shuttle ride. Please let us know next time you are in town as we would love to have you stay with us again.

Saulsbury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family and I have stayed at many hotels and The Hilton Garden Inn is on our #1 list to stay in. We experienced pure luxury. The staff, our room, and the amenities were all excellent. I recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Nashville, TN.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Barbera R,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review in regards to your stay with us! For such a season traveler it means so much to be considered #1! We really appreciate your feed back and your very kind words about the staff and your experience. We do hope to see you stay here again very soon.

Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

First off, I am a little picky about the hotels I stay at. I don't need luxury, but I do need quiet - and little conveniences make me happy. This hotel met all my expectations, and exceeded them by a long shot.

Everything about this hotel was great. The location is great for anyone visiting Nashville for the first time. It is close to the Ryman Theatere, Downtown, and is only a one minute walk to Centennial Park (which has the replica of the Parthenon from Greece which is beautiful).

The hotel itself was clean, service was excellent, and the complimentary internet was fast. The best part is the free breakfast AND dinner. I have never gotten free dinner from a hotel before, and it was a nice addition. The breakfast was NOT the typical small continental breakfast. It was a full breakfast with delicious home made scrambled eggs with ham, sausages, potatoes, yogurt, fruit, awesome waffles, bagels, delicious coffee and juice. The dinner was simple, but delicious as well. They even have free wine at dinner, pretty cool. The gym and pool were excellent. The staff was eager to please in any way possible. We didn't use the shuttle, but there is one that can take you to the airport and other places I believe.

The best part was that the rooms were very large and quiet. It's been a while since I have had a good nights sleep in a hotel. The rooms also have a nice large refrigerator, full stove, microwave, dishes, everything you could possibly need.

This is a great place for families to stay. The money you save on breakfast and dinner is worth it alone. Every night after our free dinner we would walk right next door to the centennial park which is beautiful with the parthenon light up at night. We would bring leftover bread and feed the many ducks and geese at the park. It was great memories. You can't go wrong with this hotel. We loved our stay, thanks Hilton!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
kyledzembo, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
HTownMelBell,

As much as I LOVE hearing this beautiful review, we simply cannot take credit for this. Based on what you state in your response (free breakfast, dinner, proximity to Centennial park, etc.) I'm fairly certain you stayed at our sister property the Homewood Suites Nashville/Vanderbilt. I will be happy to forward your review to them. If you have a moment I'm sure they would love it if you could post the review on their property. Thanks for visiting Nashville!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Loved our stay at the Hilton Garden inn for CMA fest! The staff is so friendly and welcoming! It is without a doubt the best hotel in Nashville. The shuttle drivers made our many trips to and from downtown so enjoyable. Larry, James, and Ian spent the long days circling back and forth picking up and dropping off people and always had a smile on their face. They went out of their way to make sure everyone was taken care of. They sure knew how to make 3 girls from Pittsburgh laugh and really appreciate the southern hospitality! We plan on continuing our yearly trip for CMA fest and can't imagine staying anywhere else! I look forward to many more enjoyable stays at the Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jenn H,

Thank you so much for staying with us during CMA week! We really enjoy CMA week and enjoy having a lot of fun with our guests. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff the experience you had with us. We're thrilled to learn that you plan on staying with us during your future visits to Nashville! We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!