“Another Quality Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Another Quality Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I planned a short notice trip to Nashville and turned to my hotel of choice the Hilton Garden on Broadway and was super disappointed that I couldn't book the hotel for both of my consecutive nights. It turned out the Country Music Awards were the next night so the hotel was completely booked. I was able to stay my first night and as usual I was pleased with my accomodations. However, it seems they have a new shuttle driver who absolutely had no clue how to find TPAC. This is a performance hall just 3 blocks off of the main strip. We also had to wait almost 45 mins for the shuttle driver to show up in the first place. They have a new Home2Suites which is also part of the Hilton Hotel Chain and the shuttle driver for the Hilton Garden was playing driver for the other hotel as well. This was highly annoying since I have seen the shuttle for Home2Suites during the daytime. To make everyone at each hotel wait as they drive back in forth isn't very accomodating. So, I would advise springing for a taxi or being prepared to wait and wait and wait. One other issue....their select the mattress firmness NEVER seems to work. I felt like I was sleeping on a hard lump the entire night and the duvet must have weighed a ton because I finally had to heave it off the bed so I didn't drench the sheets with sweat. All this said, I would still recommend this hotel. I have stayed at least 12 times and for the most part I find them accomodating and convenient.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room facing forward. If not you look at the parking deck and hear the noise from th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Kelly T,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor! I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your time with us. In regards to the shuttle I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience. The only time the two hotels will share a shuttle is when one is in the shop for repairs (which is not often). I do understand the headache this potentially could cause. We are always here to come up with alternative outlets to get our guests where they need to be. We look forward to your next visit, and thank you so much for your repeat business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Germantown, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

While the hotel lobby and room furnishings were fine, the air conditioning/heating unit was really loud, complete with clanks and clunks. My husband could even hear the noise as we talked on the phone!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dana B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. While I am very sorry that your experience with us fell below your expectations, I wanted to thank you for bringing to our attention the problems you experienced with the HVAC unit in the guest room. I tried calling you earlier today, however was unable to get through to you. I did leave you a voicemail and would love for you to call us back so we can speak to you about your stay. Our number is (615) 369-6900. Again, we are very sorry for ther HVAC not working properly. I look forward to hearing from you.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The front desk was already dealing with two guests who arrived just ahead of us, but another member of staff appeared to deal with our arrival. The room was nice size, clean and well decorated. The hotel offered a free shuttle service to anywhere within a two mile radius and ran back and forth all day and night, excellent service. Only had one meal in the evening and breakfast every day in the hotel but thought it good value and the staff throughout the whole hotel was outstanding. Well done

Room Tip: The room we were allocated was to our satisfaction
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
kyledzembo, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
arnoldpalmerAberdeen,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your experience with us. We always do our best to provide proper staffing to insure that none of our guests have to wait long periods of time to be serviced. I'm glad you were able to utilize our shuttle to it's fullest. There is so much to see in Nashville and our shuttle is designed to enable our guest to really enjoy Nashville. Thank you again for your kind words!
Houston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Front desk were condescending and too lazy to bring amenities up to my room. Did not note I was a frequent customer and try to help address my issue. The location of the hotel is good and with good driving distance to good restaurants. The shuttle folks are very helpful, one bright spot of MY stay.

Olalekan O,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experience with us. I am very sorry for the interaction you had with a staff member. The staff has been trained to do all that we can do make certain our guests are taken care of. I do hope you consider us again in the future to see this is NOT the norm of the experience that we provide our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and for enabling us to be better.
West Monroe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I took a three-day jaunt to Nashville to see RiffTrax Live at The Belcourt Theatre (hilarious, btw! Try it out if you're a fan of MST3k). I had accumulated a boatload of HHonors points from work-related stays, so we reserved an upgraded room on those. The room I reserved was what we got (saw on TA this may have been an issue in the past. Wasn't with me). Check-in was smooth and friendly. The fellow running the desk at the time (Chayne?) did his bit efficiently and answered a couple of questions on the spot. Room was plenty comfortable. The only minor hiccup I might have had was that the A/C and heater thermostat required me to give it a funny look before it reacted to the adjustments (we're from Humidville, USA and like our instant gratification when heating and cooling. Not at all a dealbreaker, just a quirk I had to figure out. Raise your right eyebrow and stare at it for about fifteen seconds after making a 3 degree adjustment to the temp). Another front desk staffer whose name I completely spaced on (taller fellow of skinny build) was on the spot with answers about food, cabs, and how to get to different places nearby. If you're a walking person who doesn't mind a red nose when leaving Wanna B's Karaoke Bar near the 200 block of Broad Way, this place is a straight line down. Cab rides are six bucks if you're not a walking person. Good food is nearby (another quick walk), and it's a very short drive to anything in the Hillsboro/Vandy area (and I love TN on several levels except for their driving style. . . kinda aggressive for someone who made his wife take the same defensive driver course that I have to maintain at my place of work. Ah well, if I can drive in L.A., Houston, OKC, and rural PA without incident, I can drive in TN without incident). We'll be back for whatever RiffTrax screens next spring, and we'll most likely stay here again because these guys were awesome to us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Kenneth S,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. I'm thrilled we were able to assist in making your stay with us a memorable one! From the looks of it you really enjoyed, and toured, Nashville. Your kind words regarding Cheyne and the other associate are much appreciated it. We look forward to your next trip to Nashville!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Hilton company should promote whoever hires and trains the staff at this location - this team is phenomenal! The first property in any chain at any site where the desk clerk introduced himself by name to the two of us and shook our hands!

Our room was quiet, clean, and current, furnished with mini-fridge and microwave. Wifi was fast. Nice amenities in the bathroom, though the water pressure in the shower was low. Nice lounge/dining area off the lobby and a private business center.

Only criticism was the price of the extras: $22/night to park, breakfast - $11.99. For what we paid for the room, this should have been complimentary. Also would have been nice to receive a morning paper rather than being asked to pay $2 as we checked out.

Anty K,

Wow! What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for your kind words. We have actually worked very hard in recent months building our new team. I cannot express to you how great it feels to see feedback such as your and knowing our plan is working. We hope to see you again very soon!
Harding, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel was very clean. The staff was so wonderful and accomodating. Great location, great breakfast, great value. The front desk staff was the most professional and courteous staff I have encountered. We were checked in in record time and everyone you saw that worked there greeted you with a smile and a hello.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Megan W,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. I'm thrilled to learn that you really enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff. We have done a lot of work in recent months re-training and re-staffing. I cannot wait to share your review with the staff! We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!