“Good hotel, great staff, good location” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #14 of 150 hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good hotel, great staff, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean. Good breakfast, cooked to order (but a little pricey). Bar is good spot and bartender for the night, Edward, was awesome. Location is good - short walk to bars/restaurants and longer walk/short drive to main strip.

G Man

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Justin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear G Man,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Edward is certainly a character and we enjoy having him around. We look forward to having you back next time your in Nashville.

487 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel has Bed Bugs. I recently stayed in Rm. 325 and have noticed several bites all over my body. I spoke with the GM of the property and he said he had someone check the room and did not discover any bed bugs in the room. I assured him I have pictures of the bites and they follow bed bug bite patterns. My wife is a physician assistant and also verified they look like bed bug bites. Please be careful as this is a terrifying problem and we are scared if one of them caught a ride in our luggage from this hotel. Absolutely poor response from mgmt saying that there is no issue when I have proof in the bites on my body!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize for your unfortunate experience. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We have had a professional exterminator thoroughly inspect the room in which you stayed in and it was given a clean bill of health with no sign of any kind of insects present.
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good experience. The hotel is a little out of the way, but they have a free shuttle bus that leaves every 20 minutes and takes you to just about anywhere you want. They will even pick you up when you call. I asked for a spoon as I eat gluten free cereal and the front desk person personally dropped everything to get one from the kitchen. Such service! The hotel and rooms were clean and the fitness center actually had dumbells and bench.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear lcf02139,

Thank you for sharing a little about your stay. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the comments about the staff as well. I will be certain to pass your thoughts along. We strive to make every guest stay the very best, and I know they will be happy to see they made an impact on yours. Thank you for staying, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Memphis, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My running shoes were taken from my hotel room during the second day of my stay. It gave me a creepy feeling to know that someone from the hotel staff removed my shoes from the room. The manager told me they were sending me a check for the amount I paid for the shoes. I appreciate this and am still waiting for the check to come in the mail. I am sure the hotel knows who was in my room on this day and how long they were there cleaning, or if any other hotel staff entered while I was out all day attending a business meeting. It was very puzzling to me that the hotel management could not find my shoes or explain what happened. I have never had something taken from a hotel room before this, so this experience has left a very poor impression of this hotel. Additionally, the room did not meet my expectation for the quality of the furniture or the cleanliness. For example the coffee table looked old and had dry paint splatters on it (I assume from painting the room in the past). The chairs had tears in the upholstery and the carpet needed to be cleaned or replaced (had brown spots on it). The desk was wobbly and not sturdy enough to work on. This did not meet my expectation for a $199 per night Hilton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bret S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know a little about your time with us. I want to apologize for the issues your experienced during your time and for the disappointed in the overall room conditions. I will be certain to pass your concerns to the hotel's General Manager. I hope that we can work to recover the missing shoes and investigate the issue behind that. Thank you for staying, and if you have any other concerns, please let me know.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Naturally a 'Garden Inn' is a scaled back Hilton. During the CMA's, naturally the rates go up.

Having said that. A very clean, orderly hotel right on Broadway, about a fifteen minute walk to the downtown core, with some nice buildings to look at along the way.

The maitre'd in the lobby of the hotel who looks like Champ from Anchorman, really was my favourite part. 'Champ' hangs out in the lobby and greets guests as they enter and exit. He is full of tourist tips and was very welcoming. All the staff at this hotel were great, in fact as is everyone we met in Nashville.

Anyway, amenities were as you would expect. The rooms were spacious & clean with HD tv (don't watch tv when in Nashville!)

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms my friends and I stayed in appeared fine. No particular views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Alex Z,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We think our location is great, close enough to downtown, but also just far enough to not be in the middle of it. Thank you also for your comments about "Champ." I will be certain to pass along your thoughts to our team. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The location is superb. We were traveling for a visit to Vanderbilt University, and the hotel is located conveniently near downtown and also right next to the University. The rate was very reasonable and included a hot, cooked-to-order breakfast. Staff members, in a variety of capacities, went out of their way to be accommodating and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear NJm0m,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be certain to pass your comments along to our staff. I know that will be happy to see that you enjoyed their hospitality. Thanks again for staying, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Muncy, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The AC didn't work well and the bathroom showerhead didn't work. we made reservations through a 3rd party for one night. the price was OK, then we decided to stay another night right after we arrived. when we got our statement after we arrived home they changed the rate on both nights. we also were charged 3 parking fees but were only there for two days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Randy M,

Thank you for taking the time to share a little about your stay. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your time with us. I hope that you reported these issues to our team so that we can get them resolved. I apologize for the errors in billing. I can assure you that these issues are not typical. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!