“Great choice for Nashville!” 4 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #18 of 150 hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Great choice for Nashville!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The location is superb. We were traveling for a visit to Vanderbilt University, and the hotel is located conveniently near downtown and also right next to the University. The rate was very reasonable and included a hot, cooked-to-order breakfast. Staff members, in a variety of capacities, went out of their way to be accommodating and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear NJm0m,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be certain to pass your comments along to our staff. I know that will be happy to see that you enjoyed their hospitality. Thanks again for staying, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

416 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Muncy, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The AC didn't work well and the bathroom showerhead didn't work. we made reservations through a 3rd party for one night. the price was OK, then we decided to stay another night right after we arrived. when we got our statement after we arrived home they changed the rate on both nights. we also were charged 3 parking fees but were only there for two days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Randy M,

Thank you for taking the time to share a little about your stay. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your time with us. I hope that you reported these issues to our team so that we can get them resolved. I apologize for the errors in billing. I can assure you that these issues are not typical. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

First trip to Nashville and loved this location. Within walking distance of several excellent restaurants and free shuttle to the downtown area.

By far, the best part was the staff. Upon arrival, I asked host Matt about the floor of our room. We like rooms with views of the city, and he was able to reroute us to a higher floor with a gorgeous corner view. Thanks, Matt, for being so friendly and accommodating for us (on our honeymoon, but we didn't even tell him that part)! All through our stay, managers to cleaning staff all smiled, said hello, and asked how our stay was going. Very, very good examples of southern hospitality.

The room was spotless and spacious. We went down to the pool and hot tub and both were clean and well-maintained with fresh towels on tables all around.

The shuttle service was very quick downtown. Larry(?), the driver, gave us his card with instructions to call when we were ready to be picked up. He arrived quickly and got us back to the hotel in record time, safely navigating bar-hoppers and city traffic with ease.

Overall, a great visit in room 630. We hope to return to Nashville some day and will stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear clcl11,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and I will be certain to pass your comments along to Matt. I know that he will be happy to see that he was a bright spot of your time in Nashville. I thank you for the wonderful comments, and we hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed fiour days. For the price of $200 a night I expected better from Hilton. The bathroom wall had mildew in the grout and the water pressure and temperature were inconsistent from one day to the next. Worse than that, I managed to cut my toe from a sliver of glass that I had the misfortune of finding while showering. The hotel would have been OK for $130 a night but not $200. Parking should have been included. We made no use of the hotels other amenities, so I cannot speak to them. Needless to say we will be trying other hotels when we next visit Nashville.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Tealusa,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay. It is our goal to provide each and every guest with a relaxing and enjoyable stay, and unfortunately, we failed to meet that goal during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced, and I want to assure you that your experience is not a typical experience. I want to thank you for staying with us, and I hope that you give us another chance on your next trip to town.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The rooms are comfortable and clean, with the usual amenities like a coffee maker and a refrigerator. The fitness center is small but is clean with up to date machines and weights. You can watch tv while running or using the elliptical machine. The pool looked well cared for.

The best part of the hotel is its staff. Without exception each person is welcoming and friendly. They do much to make the stay warm and accommodating. Your needs will get met with a smile.

This hotel is located in walking distance to trendy restaurants and stores. Complimentary shuttle service will take you as far as the broadway strip where you can sample delicious southern food and listen to live music in most bars and taverns much of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows if you like a firmer fit. Try the oranges. They're some of the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear JMcCarthyEdS,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel, and it is great to know a guest enjoyed the amenities we offer and the staff. I will be certain to pass your comments along to our team. Thank you for staying with us, and we can't wait to welcome you back.
Nashville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is located in the downtown area, very convenient to the major downtown attractions. It also has easy access to the highway systems when you want to go to the perimeter attractions. The staff was very attentive and resolved a problem I had with the first room (smell) with an upgrade to a nicer room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

James F,

Thank you for taking the time to share a little about your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us, and that our staff was accommodating to your issue. We love our location, being close to the interstate and downtown. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here while seeing the Nashville sights. It is centrally located which makes use of the shuttle a routine way of getting about. Room was functional and very clean. The staff is to be commended, they were most helpful and efficient, and their recommendations were spot on for restaurants. places to go, etc. The breakfast is really good. I will be back whenever I visit Nashville again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear p3billybob,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that the staff was helpful. I will be sure to pass your words along to our team. We love when our guests have a great time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Nashville.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!