“Welcoming staff, nice location” 5 of 5 stars

Double Points Package
Ranked #15 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gainesville, Florida
“Welcoming staff, nice location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

First trip to Nashville and loved this location. Within walking distance of several excellent restaurants and free shuttle to the downtown area.

By far, the best part was the staff. Upon arrival, I asked host Matt about the floor of our room. We like rooms with views of the city, and he was able to reroute us to a higher floor with a gorgeous corner view. Thanks, Matt, for being so friendly and accommodating for us (on our honeymoon, but we didn't even tell him that part)! All through our stay, managers to cleaning staff all smiled, said hello, and asked how our stay was going. Very, very good examples of southern hospitality.

The room was spotless and spacious. We went down to the pool and hot tub and both were clean and well-maintained with fresh towels on tables all around.

The shuttle service was very quick downtown. Larry(?), the driver, gave us his card with instructions to call when we were ready to be picked up. He arrived quickly and got us back to the hotel in record time, safely navigating bar-hoppers and city traffic with ease.

Overall, a great visit in room 630. We hope to return to Nashville some day and will stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear clcl11,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and I will be certain to pass your comments along to Matt. I know that he will be happy to see that he was a bright spot of your time in Nashville. I thank you for the wonderful comments, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed fiour days. For the price of $200 a night I expected better from Hilton. The bathroom wall had mildew in the grout and the water pressure and temperature were inconsistent from one day to the next. Worse than that, I managed to cut my toe from a sliver of glass that I had the misfortune of finding while showering. The hotel would have been OK for $130 a night but not $200. Parking should have been included. We made no use of the hotels other amenities, so I cannot speak to them. Needless to say we will be trying other hotels when we next visit Nashville.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Tealusa,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay. It is our goal to provide each and every guest with a relaxing and enjoyable stay, and unfortunately, we failed to meet that goal during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced, and I want to assure you that your experience is not a typical experience. I want to thank you for staying with us, and I hope that you give us another chance on your next trip to town.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The rooms are comfortable and clean, with the usual amenities like a coffee maker and a refrigerator. The fitness center is small but is clean with up to date machines and weights. You can watch tv while running or using the elliptical machine. The pool looked well cared for.

The best part of the hotel is its staff. Without exception each person is welcoming and friendly. They do much to make the stay warm and accommodating. Your needs will get met with a smile.

This hotel is located in walking distance to trendy restaurants and stores. Complimentary shuttle service will take you as far as the broadway strip where you can sample delicious southern food and listen to live music in most bars and taverns much of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows if you like a firmer fit. Try the oranges. They're some of the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear JMcCarthyEdS,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel, and it is great to know a guest enjoyed the amenities we offer and the staff. I will be certain to pass your comments along to our team. Thank you for staying with us, and we can't wait to welcome you back.
Nashville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is located in the downtown area, very convenient to the major downtown attractions. It also has easy access to the highway systems when you want to go to the perimeter attractions. The staff was very attentive and resolved a problem I had with the first room (smell) with an upgrade to a nicer room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

James F,

Thank you for taking the time to share a little about your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us, and that our staff was accommodating to your issue. We love our location, being close to the interstate and downtown. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here while seeing the Nashville sights. It is centrally located which makes use of the shuttle a routine way of getting about. Room was functional and very clean. The staff is to be commended, they were most helpful and efficient, and their recommendations were spot on for restaurants. places to go, etc. The breakfast is really good. I will be back whenever I visit Nashville again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear p3billybob,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that the staff was helpful. I will be sure to pass your words along to our team. We love when our guests have a great time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Nashville.
Medina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great location but both of my experiences the past 2 weeks have been simiilar. Although this is a non smoking hotel, my rooms have had a terrible cigarette odor both times. Not good for an allergy sufferer

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Rhonda B,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with the smoke smell. We are a non smoking hotel, so I will make sure our staff does a better job inspecting the rooms so another guest does not have this same issue. Thank you for staying with us even after you experienced this issue during your last stay.
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Not only is this a great location with nice, clean rooms, but I have never stayed anywhere that had a more accommodating staff than at the Hilton Garden Inn at 1715 Broadway in Nashville, TN. We were there for 5 nights during the CMA Music Festival, and I have not one complaint; on the contrary, I have nothing but praise for everyone we encountered from the housekeeping staff, to the front desk, to the shuttle drivers, and to the management. Not one need went unmet, not one question unanswered. They truly went out of their way to accommodate us. The manager even went so far as to run an errand for me while I was packing to leave for the airport. He then personally delivered my package to me and would not allow me to pay for it. There is no question that I will stay there again :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Joy H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It means so much when our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay. I will be certain to pass your comments along to our team. They will be happy to see the wonderful things you said. We can't wait to have you back, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to town.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!