“Great front desk...” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Alberta
“Great front desk...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The rooms were nice, comfy, and clean. The location was close to downtown but not close enough to walk. The hotel did provide a complimentary shuttle within a 2 mile radius which we took advantage of to get a lift downtown. This was nice and saved a little money on cab fare. The hotel does charge $20 a night for Valet or self parking. We arrived at the hotel approximately 4 hours before check in and the front desk staff was so accommodating to us. We were able to park right away as well they had housekeeping make up our room quicker and were able to get us in our room two hours early. The front desk girls were so cheerful and polite, they went well above my expectations and partly because of this I would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear nburton,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay. I am so glad to hear that our staff was accommodating and exceeded your expectations. A lot of our guests take advantage of the complimentary shuttle, and I am happy to see that you did as well. I will pass along your thoughts to our valet team and front office staff. They will be happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back the next time you are in Nashville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Ask for a room on the back side of the building or it will be very noisy. You might still hear the neighbors but at least you will avoid hearing sirens, car noise, and the people talking on the street at night.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Xmaspr,

I am sorry to hear that your stay wasn't more enjoyable, and I apologize for the room noise. We are glad that you chose us during your time in Nashville. We would love to have you back the next time you are in town. We will make sure to have you away from the street on your next visit.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

As a new couple this was our first trip together, we splurged on a king room with jacuzzi...it was heaven...but we are short people...if you're taller than 5'6 forget it!! Good food , clean rooms, nice staff and the most accommodating knowledgeable shuttle drivers!!!
A great location too...many great restaurants near by and just a short shuttle ride to downtown attractions.

• Stayed May 2013
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear stormie_13,

Thank you for taking the time to share a little about your stay. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities. I will be certain to pass your comments along to our Food and Beverage team and the shuttle drivers. They will be happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your room as well. We can't wait to have you back on your next trip to Nashville.
Panama City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Found ourselves, on short notice, needing to spend a night in Nashville. Lots of hotels to choose from, including the one where business required us to be . . . but most of them were cost prohibitive and the ratings by my fellow Trip Advisors fell short of expectation. We've had good expereince with HGI in other cities, so checked and found the Hilton Garden Inn rated pretty well and the price was competitive for the area.
The staff were welcoming and friendly with smiles that looked genuine. The room was clean and comfortable. The facilites were well-kept inside and out. There are dozens of places to eat (and drink) nearby, and our business needs were walking distance away. The desk staff made good restaurant recommendations and gave good walking directions. Overall we were VERY pleased.

But nothing is perfect, right?
My biggest complaint and warning is that you should avoid staying on the Broadway side of the building if possible. We were on the fifth floor and the street noise made me think the window was open (it's not). Loud trucks, ambulances, car stereos - they sound as if you are sleeping outdoors. My son and I were awakened several times by passing sirens during the night. Guests on the other side of the hallway reported hearing nothing during the night.

I resented paying $25 for parking - but saw little alternative as the commercially available parking 2 blocks away was only slightly less. If I had known then what I know now, I would have parked on the street; since metered parking is only enforced from Monday morning until Saturday afternoon - we arrived Saturday evening and left Sunday, so we would have been OK . . . except for the risk of theft and/or vadalism.

As someone else noted, breakfast is $12 for what amounts to a buffet . . . but whether you like or don't like that idea; you owe it to yourself to walk two blocks to "Noshville" where steak and eggs with potato cakes and fresh fruit is $10.99.

Having looked around while there and conducting business at a nearby competitive hotel, I would stay here again. . . but NOT if the only available room was on the Broadway side of the building.

Room Tip: Definitely avoid rooms facing Broadway. Ask for a room on the back of the building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Michial,

Thank you for choosing us, and thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I am sorry for the noise level and that you weren't a fan of the breakfast. We would love to have you back with us, and we hope you choose us the next time you are in Nashville.
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here while taking our son to look at Vanderbilt University as a potential school for him next year. The room was great. The breakfast was great. It did cost extra to park at their garage which I thought was wrong if you were staying at the hotel, but the valets were professional and most of all helpful and understanding when we needed to get into our parked car before we left. They were happy to get our car and re-park it, no hassles. But, hands down the best surprise was the level of service provided by the shuttle and its drivers. They drove us to and from dinner, and to and from our visit to Vanderbilt. This was a free service that more than made up for the parking charge. If our son goes to Vandy, there is no doubt this is where we will stay when we visit him.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Ramage54,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our valet and shuttle team. They will be please to hear that they helped make your stay memorable. If your son does choose Vanderbilt, I hope that we are able to continue to make your time in Nashville wonderful.
Charlottesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Nashville is a great hotel, excellent service and staff. The breakfast is good as well. The beds are fantastic and my fellow travelers agreed that they never had a better night's rest.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Hilde K,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I will definitely pass along your comments to our staff. We love to hear when our guests have an enjoyable stay. We can't wait to have you back the next time your in Nashville.
Little Falls, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff were great and very helpful. It wasn't the cleanest place and the food was a D-. The bed was awesome though so it wasn't all bad. The shuttle was late most of the time which creates an issue if you need to go to a meeting.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear George O,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness and the disappointment with the shuttle and restaurant food, but I am happy to see that the staff was helpful. We strive to provide excellent service and an excellent product, and I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations for this stay. We would love to have you back, and hopefully we can give you a more memorable experience.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!