“All for the Hall Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hebron, United States
“All for the Hall Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great place to stay if you are visiting Nashville. Just a mile up Broadway from all of the "happening" places - but far enough away to feel like you are away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Free shuttle from hotel to downtown was hugely beneficial and kept us from using our vehicle to go back and forth just a mile or two. Also, shuttle service staff were very enjoyable to talk to and very helpful in helping get you to and from locations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Regina B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay. I am glad to see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service. Our guests always find it helpful. I will pass your comments along to our shuttle team. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Ardmore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while traveling on business - I was hampered by the fact I was on crutches and traveling solo. The staff went out of their way to offer timely and friendly assistance, which I appreciated! I normally shy away from hotel room service, however I was pleasantly surprised with the quality - the food was tasty (I had the burger) and still hot! Very unusual in my experience. The room was comfortable, clean, the Internet speed was free and fast - easy to connect to and the TV was huge!! My only complaint was because of being on crutches I had to bathe in the tub. The back of the tub was sloped in such a way that when I laid back, the water sloshed up the back and onto the floor. Overall, this was a far superior business stay! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dawn R,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am sorry to hear about the troubles with the bath tub, but I hope the staff service and other amenities made up for the issue. I am glad to see that our staff was accommodating to your needs, and that you enjoyed the room service. The Mobley burger is a guest favorite, and the chefs do a great job. Thank you again, and we look forward to having you back.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

When my wife and I vacation, we normally use hotels that we are familiar with, so that we will know what to expect. Marriotts and Hiltons are our usual, mainly because that rooms are always clean and up to a certain standard. The Hilton Gardens in Nashville was definitely up to their usual excellent standards. If you drove too fast, you would drive right by it. The hotel is on the corner of a side road with a parking garage next to it. When you enter, you are greeted by nice smiling faces ready to help you in any way. From the valet parkers to the receptionists, to the housekeeping, everyone is saying hello and "have a good day". You cannot help but smile. The room was exceptional and clean. The fruit and coffee on the counter when you enter is always a nice touch, and the chocolate chip cookies were a nice treat. The fire was roaring in the lobby, and the chairs were comfortable.

The bed was nice and plush. The room was laid out exactly like the others we have stayed at-nice and functional. 4 elevators meant there was never a wait, or a crowded elevator. The pool was big and warm. You could swim laps on your own, while the children played in a different area of the pool. The jacuzzi was nice and bubbly and warm.

The breakfast was a nice and plentiful buffet. The food was great, and there were lots of southern treats to choose from, besides the regular American staples-eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, home fries, etc,

My only complaint was that the gym was small, and there was only 3 pieces of cardio equipment- 1 elliptical and 2 treadmills (there was also a recumbent bike, but no one used that). The wait to use the machines in the morning was 3 persons deep. I had to wait over an hour to get on the elliptical, and it was worse later in the day. Also, there seemed to be a lot of dust on the machine, which meant it wasn't wiped down regularly. But, there was plenty of weight lifting dumbbells and a nautilus, so it kept me busy until it was my turn.

ONE TIP!! If you want to save on the parking- park in the garage 100 feet away from the hotel around the corner. It is $ 10 a day, compared to $ 25 a day at the hotel parking lot. We were there for 3 days, so it was nice to save $ 40.

Otherwise, a very nice Hilton. Good job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Andrew R,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I want to first apologize for the experience using the fitness center. While we are limited on space, the machines should always be clean and functional. I will pass these notes along to the housekeeping team to make sure we do a better job on that front. It's great to hear that we are up to the Hilton standard. Hilton sets very high standards for their guests, and we strive to meet or exceed those standards. We would love to have you back at the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt the next time you are in town.

Thanks again,
Kilgore, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel is in a great location The shuttle is a definite PLUS Quiet, comfortable, clean, hotel staff is helpful and friendly Restaurant on site Great business area & lobby Will stay here again-highly recommend

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay. It is always helpful to find ways to improve our service and to see ways in which we our helping to make our guests' stays more enjoyable. We can't wait to have you back, and maybe next time, you can take advantage of the many amenities we offer.

Thanks,
Charlestown, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at some very nice hotels/resorts for less than the price of this ($200/night after parking). We got a King room with whirlpool and the tub wasn't quite big enough for 2 people to be comfortable. If you are debating this hotel or a downtown hotel, stay downtown. The bed was quite firm, and there is no free breakfast like in other area hotels. I am HHonors gold, but Hilton Garden Inn only offers a free water and a snack (a fudge round). The staff was very nice though! Everyone was pleasant and made some great suggestions.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear DuaneHaas,

I am sorry to hear that you didn't get the stay you were expecting. All of our Diamond and Gold HHonors members have the option of complimentary breakfast or bonus points. I am sorry this was not explained at check in. I would love to speak to you in more detail about your stay, and I would love to have you back to show you the true value of the hotel. Please email me at josh.gannon@hilton.com to discuss this stay.

Regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice (4 nights each trip) in February and March, 2013. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The free van service is terrific. I put my car in the garage and left it there. The shuttle will take you any place in the core area. My longest wait was 30 minutes at 5:00pm on week day and most of the time it was only 10-15 minutes.

The restaurant is average but after a 10-12 hour day who is interested in going out? Certainly, not me. The breakfast service is quite generous with lots of choices including "made to order" items. It seems a bit pricey at $13.00 but there are lots of choices and your coffee cup is never empty.

The rooms were clean with plenty of space. For people other than HHonors Premium members, the free wi-fi works ok for e-mail, etc. The upgrade to faster service if $4.95 per day, I think.

The hotel is located on a major traffic way and my room faced the street but I was never troubled by noise.

Good location and good service here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear jwaite212,

Thanks for your comments about your stays with us. Our guests love the convenience of the complimentary shuttle. Whether your here for business or pleasure, we want to take care of you. I am glad to see that you didn't have to wait too long for the shuttle. Sometimes, in the evening traffic, it can be a little delayed. Again, thank you for your thoughts.

Regards,
Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here for three night at the beginning of April. We were impressed with the quality on offer. The standard of the room was brilliant, very big and spacious and the bed was very comfortable.

The location is a mile from downtown , but the hotel has a shuttle service which will take you downtown at a moments notice. There is also plenty to see and do in the Vanderbilt area.

Breakfast was reasonable value although the chefs are a bit stingy with the amount of food that they give you, although they will cook things for you on demand, so you can not be too critical.

Parking is around 25 dollars a night, but parking in Nashville is difficult anyway so it is worth taking the hit.

We would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, if one is available I am sure that they would accommodate you