“Great employees” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dyersburg, Tennessee
“Great employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed on Feb 16th 2013,which the entire hotel along with the rest of Nashville was sold out. The hotel is really new and clean. The staff at front desk were very nice! The only down side was the shuttle,since it was so busy several people were paying for taxi because of the long wait. The plus side the shuttle will drop you off any place you want downtown! Nice hotel to choose in the Vanderbilt area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ricky L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Chris C,

Thank you so much for staying with up. I am sorry the shuttle service was so busy, yet I am glad you got a chance to enjoy it. I always say our drivers are infotaining (informative and entertaining). Thank you so much about your comments about the front desk. I will definitely pass these comments along. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many Thanks,

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

A very nice 9 story hotel about 1 mile from the heart of Music City. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms nicely furnished and while we were somewhat concerned about the number of young people staying there to attend a rock concert downtown, the sound insulation in the room was very good. (Now there's a run-on sentence!) We slept well. Valet parking is the same price as self parking - $23.00, which is not cheap but not outrageous.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi David H,
Thank you so much for writing a review for us. I am so glad you have enjoyed the staff at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that we have given you the right impression. We are glad you slept well and enjoyed your concert. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice hotel with clean rooms. The staff was really friendly upon arrival and upgraded me to a Junior Suite.
The hotel has a shuttle that runs until 10am that you should take as the driver has plenty of tips as to where to go that are spot on.

I would stay here again. Only downside is you cannot walk back home from the bars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff C,
Thanks for writing us this great review. I hope you enjoyed your upgrade. We know this is a pleasant surprise and we attempt to do so whenever possible. Our shuttle does run during the week until 10pm and weekends until midnight. It’s a great way to get to the downtown area. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and found everything satisfactory. Clean room- even some rooms where smoking is allowed. The staff was very friendly, always greeted us with a smile. Wanted a newspaper one day, and they sent a staff member out to get one. Breakfast was buffet style and good- with many choices-, altho, I felt a bit pricey-$12.Parking is a bit on the steep side, as well. However, parking in Nashville can be difficult, so it was good to know your car was safe and parked close by. The shuttle service is fantastic. Never had to,wait more than 15 minutes and the drivers have great advice on what to do and where to eat. Rooms have fridge and microwave.
Although it is close to Music Row, it is a lengthy walk for some.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mtn_golfer8,

Wow! It’s seems as though you had a great stay. I feel the shuttle gets a million compliments a day. We pride ourselves on having the friendliest drivers in town. I have passed on all of your comments to our staff and they were pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We are usually Marriott people (we are Marriott Rewards members). But after seeing the price on this hotel, I thought why not? Bad choice. We made our reservation online the around noon of the day we were coming up to stay. By the time we got there (around 8-ish) our reservations had been messed up. Instead of two queen beds, we were put in a room with one king bed and a jacuzzi in the bedroom. Which is fine, had our 6 year old not been with us. Trying to make light of the situation, my husband and son got in the jacuzzi to "relax." The jets hardly worked. Not only that, the furniture was all scratched and beat up. The door frames were scratched and paint chipping off. We ordered dessert from room service to have it arrive 30 minutes later. I will say that the valet guys always had my car pulled up as soon as I called, they were great. The lobby is very nice but deceiving once you see the rooms. I thought I was getting a great deal by getting this price. But you get what you pay for here. Ruined my opinion of the Hilton family hotels. Looks like we will stay Marriott people.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Livetotraveleverywhere,

I am so sorry you had a negative experience with us. I would like to further discuss this with you if you have time. Please email me directly at ricky.leblancii@hilton.com .
Woodstock, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

It was a nice hotel but they charged us double on parking thats what made things go downhill if you like getting scammed go here never stay here go to the Sheraton Nashville i made a Great review on that and its true i will never stay here again.

Room Tip: The Sheraton in Nashville is way better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ricky L, Guest Service Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Zoidbergfromfuturama,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.. Let me take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for this accident. I hope this was fixed prior to your departure. I can honestly say this was an honest mistake as we attempt to always keep our guest bills as accurate as possible. I would like to further discuss this with you and make sure it was fixed properly. Please email me directly at ricky.leblancii@hilton.com.

Many Thanks,
Jackson, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night prior to having to be at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital early for son to have an outpatient procedure done. We are not too picky on trips like this. Check-in was fast. Room was clean and comfortable. Check-out was easy. The location had us to Vanderbilt in less than 5 minutes. Only con was the pricy self-parking...$23 per day. Over all it was a nice stay

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jason C,

I am so glad you chose our hotel. In future we do offer a Vanderbilt rate if it is available just call the hotel to check on availability. I am glad the shuttle was handy for you as well. It's a great way to get around. We look forward to welcoming you back to HGI Nashville.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!