“Great Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I had a great stay at this hotel. We had a small issue in our first room, but the staff moved us promptly to a suite, discounted our stay, and sent up an appology gift basket. He room was clean and nice. Shuttle drove us downtown with no issues. We would most definatly stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Dear Jrking8211,

It is always rewarding to read comments such as yours, on behalf of our entire staff i want to say thank you for your review.

I do hope you come back and see us again next time you are here in Nashville.

Juan C Mera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Hilton Garden Inn Vanderbilt has a very friendly staff and while not in the heart of downtown is conveniently located about a mile from downtown Nashville as well as Vanderbilt and Belmont universities. Rooms were very nice, breakfast was very good. The free shuttle from the hotel to within a 3 mile radius of the hotel made renting a car practically unnecessary. All employees from valet to shuttle drivers, front desk to breakfast, housekeeping and maintenance were upbeat and always wanting to help. Got to know the maintenance team better than I would have wished due to a lack of hot water in the shower in the morning. Issue was never fully resolved as hot water was inconsistent in the morning rush hour. When I left it was still not clear whether it was a mechanical issue or that demand for hot showers exceeded the supply. This was the only unpleasant surprise.

Room Tip: I am concerned that my "hot water" issue was not isolated. I was on the 4th floor near th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear illini13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry to hear you encountered some hot water issues, I can assure you the issue has been resolved.

Next time you are in Nashbville please come back and see us again, I will personally ensure every thing goes smooth with your stay.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is a great place to stay!
We stayed four nights in November 2011 during the CMA Awards
Friendly staff, large modern rooms and warm pool!
Inviting lobby with free cookies and cozy restaurant as well.
Great buffet breakfast included and they make a tasty western omellette
Their free shuttle takes you to all the Honky Tonks and sites in downtown Nashville
A 10-15 minute walk if you want to go by foot.
It was nice to walk around the university area as well.

Room Tip: Note to update hotel website: The big Blue Shuttle from the airport went out of business last year a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear AVVtoronto,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to say thank you for your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

Next time you are in Nashville please come back and see us again.

Florence, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a 1 night stay at the HGI/Vandy. We were in the area for a memorial service and decided to spend the night and visit the downtown sites. WOW! The room itself was clean and inviting (wonderful bed). The staff very pleasant and helpful. The morning breakfast was fabulous with very attentive and pleasant staff. The best part was the free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. It was wonderful to be dropped off at the corner of 5th and Broadway, meander the streets for hours and with one phone call the shuttle was back within about 15 minutes. The shuttle driver was wonderfully friendly (which is not always the case with drivers) I'm not sure of his name, maybe Larry?. Overall a wonderful experience and we look forward to a return stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review. We are glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Your comments have been shared with our entire staff specially Larry.

We hope to see you again next time you are here in Nashville.

McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My immediate family as well as my brothers immediate family along with some close friends stayed at the HGI vanderbilt for the Georgia/Vandy game 2 weeks ago and were treated like KINGS. We went out to eat friday night and had a great time. Woke up Saturday morning rearing to go to find out we could not find the cash that we brought with us. We turned the room upside down several times with no luck, I then went down and spoke with the manager who went above and beyond the call. They had a computerized tool that would show the exact time the room was entered FRiday night and all of the times match when we enterd or left the room. So in order to pay for my hotel I had to get my credit limit increased on my visa and that was like going through a mortage process. So the day rocked on and we
had a great time inspite of the situation going to the game.
Woke up Sunday morning still with only $40 in cash to our name and heade back to atlanta with a sick feeling in our stomach. We wre about 10 miles from the house about 5pm est when we got a call from HGI Vanderbilt to let us know that a gentleman in house claeaning found our money($1480). What happened next would rarely happen but the gentleman turned it in to the manger..I iimediately told the manager to give him a $100 bill from our money. Long story short after this experience HGI will be my hotel of choice. So if you are in nashville you better stay their. I learneD that HGI stands for HONESTY, GIVING AND INTEGRITY..YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK. tHANKS mS kORN AND STAFF ONCE AGAIN.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear Tac919,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor review about our hotel.

Your kind words have been shared with our entire staff and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

Next time you are in Nashville please stop by and see us again.

Fancy Gap, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I were on our first trip to Nashville. We chose this hotel because the rate, the proximity to downtown, as well as the proximity to my conference were good. The hotel was clean, attractive, and well staffed. We booked a king room but when we entered our room we found it to be a 2 queen room. We called the front desk and were told that patrons has requested to stay another night so there was no king room left. As compensation we were given half off our parking. After leaving, we noticed that we were charged full price for parking ($20 a day for self park). Therefore the hotel management fell short on two accounts....room selection and parking charge.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Bighalloween,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review, your comments have been shared with our team members.

We do apologize for our shortcomings, when you have a moment please contact me at the hotel so we can fix this situation. I hope yuou come back and see us again next time you are here in Nashville.

Twinsburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

My wife and I had a weekend in Nashville and thought of staying downtown. This hotel is half the cost and very close to the downtown experience without the cost. Additionally, you get extremely close Vanderbilt University, millenium park (Parthenon) and Green Hill Mall shopping. The hotel is very nice and the staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and very usable, (pool, gym, bar) all clean and nice.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 7th floor for a less noisey experience.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Bighalloween,

Thank you for review, I have shared your comments with our team members. Its is always encouraging for us everytime a guest has a good stay.

Please come backaand see us again next time you are in Nashville.

Juan C Mera

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!