“Wedding!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Preston
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   733 Briley Parkway, Nashville, TN 37217   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15% on Trip Advisor!
Ranked #69 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
“Wedding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for my cousin's wedding Sept 20th-22nd and very much enjoyed the boutique style hotel. Very Nice and clean. I like the security of having to use your room key for the elevator to move also...Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks for this great feedback, Sonya. I'm glad you had a fun stay during your cousin's wedding! It's wonderful you felt secure, too. We'd love to have you back here soon!

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Elmira, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Not sure why this hotel is rated as well as it is. I'm being generous in rating it a two. At least the beds were comfortable, it was clean, and the parking was free. Here's a list of my complaints from a recent stay:
- You need your key in the elevator in order to put in your floor number. This is fine, but no one bothered to tell us at checkin so we were very frustrated trying to get the elevator to work until we figured it out ourselves. There no sign in the elevator, just an inconspicuous slot to stick the card into.
- Beds were sold as queens. They were double beds. We own a queen and, believe me, these aren't queens.
- Two of 5 lights over the sink were out. The others were dim. My wife could barely see to apply her makeup.
- The alarm clock did not work. I'm a mechanical engineer and I couldn't figure out how to set it. I think it was broken.
- We ordered breakfast using a doorknob tag. None was delivered. When I questioned the front desk the clerk confessed that this had been a problem for others too because "The night bellhop just got back from vacation and although he collected the tags we have no idea what happened to them." She made no offer to make it right and in fact her only comment was a rather bored sounding "Sorry about that". I called the kitchen and they were of no help. They said "Sorry, we didn't get an order." They made no offer to get breakfast to us.
- We figured at least we'd have coffee using the coffee maker in the room. No dice. There were 2 packets of decafe, none of regular. We wanted the caffene!!
- The hotel provides no comment card or any way to let them know what you think. Guess they don't want to know.
- The alarm

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
We always appreciate and encourage feedback from our guests, so I want to apologize for what sounds like very poor customer service. Above all else, we want our guests to be happy, so you can imagine how surprised and, quite frankly, embarrassed I am to read this review.

I'm sorry a staff member didn't let you know about the elevator card ahead of time and that you were surprised by the size of your beds. Did you let the concierge know that your beds weren't queens? The same goes with the lights that were out. We would have been happy to accommodate you.

With regards to the breakfast mishap, that was completely on us. There was some miscommunication among the staff, but the real red flag is that no one worked to rectify the issue. I can promise you that's not an accurate reflection of our service. Would you mind emailing me with the dates you stayed with us? I'd like to look into this personally.

Once again, I'm very sorry for your disappointing stay. Given the chance, I'm confident we can make this up to you.

steve.hoida@hotelpreston.com
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My hubby and I spent a long weekend in Nashville. The Hotel Preston allowed us to be minutes from downtown, the airport and all the local college campuses. We spent our days exploring the city and each night we enjoyed the live entertainment inside the hotel bar. The restaurant decor was my favorite and the food was always tasty and affordable. The decor, friendly staff and local feel of the place made this a wise and affordable choice for our visit to Nashville.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher levels and avoid being near an elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad you had such an enjoyable stay! I appreciate you giving our unique decor a shout out, too. Next time you and your hubby are in Nashville, our door is always open

Cheers,
Albuquerque NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Staff at a place of business really makes or destroys a company. I travel all over the country and Krystle at this hotel front desk was the best front desk agent I have ever come across. Make sure you treat her right there you do NOT want to lose her!

Room Tip: Ask for a Beta Fish!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for this glowing customer service endorsement! We take great pride in our staff and can't thank you enough for spreading the word. If you have any feedback for us regarding how we can improve your experience for next time, we're all ears!

EL PASO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the decor..it was fun and interesting. the ladies stayed in the car while our husbands checked in..they took a long time because come to find out the front desk clerk preceeded to tell them her whole personal life and asked them whether she should break up with her boyfriend or not...really????? anyway our room was nice and clean..amenities great..2 days later my husband and i needed a place to stay so we went back there..wow..the city was full so we paid triple what we paid the first time..this time the "nonsmoking" hotel reeked of smoke and the bathroom was dirty. the vent in the ceiling was full of dust..couldn't even see thru the holes..they would'nt put us in another room but the maintenance guy came up and used air freshener for the smell..the charge was nonrefundable so we were stuck..what a difference 3 days made..not sure if I would ever go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay, Catherine. If our front desk staff came across as anything but professional, I want to personally apologize. That certainly wasn't our intention. I want you to know that we take cleanliness very seriously, so I apologize for the room not being up to standards. Would you mind emailing me with the dates that you stayed with us? I'd like to look into this for you personally.

Once again, I'm very sorry for your frustrating experience. I can promise you this isn't an accurate reflection of our service or our hotel in general.

steve.hoida@hotelpreston.com
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love this place. I love their decor!! The food is great!! Room service is fast. Staff very friendly. Easy on and off the interstate. Adjacent to the airport without the noise. I stay here regularly. 5 stars easily without paying the price!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We love this review, Stacy! It's always wonderful to hear back from our guests, so we can't thank you enough for spreading the good word about us. Hope to see you back here soon!

Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Staying here for a conference, the hotel was very accommodating for the conference attendees. However, there are many issues with this hotel.

First, it's close to the airport--and that's great. But there is a lot of noise from flying planes and there aren't a lot of restaurants nearby. It's a commute or taxi ride to the nearby restaurants. The hotel does have a friendly van service, but location is still key.

The hotel's restaurant is /terrible/. I'll review that separately, but paired with the above comment about location--it stinks to stay here for multiple days. Don't eat in the hotel's poor restaurant.

The rooms and hotel have been renovated and that's great. But the housekeeping staff doesn't do a great job at keeping things clean. My shower was full of mold and mildew, and the housekeeping staff didn't restock soap in my room, nor refill my toliet paper, nor refill the tissue dispenser (they did at least leave a box for me to replace).

The towels were threadbare and falling part about 50% of the time.

If you need to stay here for a night, that's fine. But, definitely don't view this as a destination in Nashville.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
It's a shame you had a disappointing stay, Frank. We always want our guests to have a truly memorable and enjoyable experience, so I apologize if we missed the mark. We take pride in our quirky and unique hotel—that includes funky decor—but I'll definitely take note of your suggestions for updating. I apologize if your bathroom was not up to standards or restocked. Did you let our front desk know? We would have been happy to send someone up to clean ASAP.

It's a shame you weren't a fan of our restaurant. What made it such an underwhelming experience? If you have any more feedback for us, we're all ears. I do hope you'll give us another shot. Given the chance, we'd love to make it up to you.

Steve

Been to Hotel Preston? Share your experiences!