“Family Reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Family Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great! Great! Great Excellent! My family was very please. The rooms were very large and very clean. The employees at the front desk were very knowledgeable ,friendly, respectful, helpful!My family express they would love to return to Hotel Preston on our next visit to Nashville!

Room Tip: The fourth floor is quiet and 413 has a pool view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
This review is great, great, great! We're so glad you and your family had a wonderful experience with us. Thanks for being such a big supporter of our funky and unique hotel. We can't wait to host another reunion for you next year!

Until then,
Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Preston for a few nights. Overall, I would say that my stay was average. The staff was very nice and accommodating. However, I did have a couple of unpleasant minor issues with my stay. The night before I left, I discovered a small hole (about an inch in size) in my sheets, I could have called down to get it replaced, but didn't bother since I was leaving the following day. The room was very clean otherwise. On the 2nd night there, my friend and I requested a taxi for 8am for the next morning because we were heading to a private screening event that started at 9:30am. We ended up waiting in the lobby for 45mins before our taxi finally arrived. I would have thought that booking a taxi the evening before would have sped things up...wasn't too impressed. Luckily, we just made it on time for the screening.

Food: I only ordered room service twice. I was happy with the service, very prompt.

Customer service: Although the taxi service was very late, the front desk was polite and they apologized for the tardiness and inconvenience.

Location: Only a short drive from the airport and about 12-15mins from the downtown. The location is excellent.

Honestly, I would give this hotel another shot despite the minor issues. For the price, friendly service, and cleanliness it's worth giving this hotel a try.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Jesseca, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're always looking to "wow" our guests, so the fact that your stay with us was just "average" is disappointing to hear. While it's wonderful you enjoyed our hotel for the most part, I want to apologize for the minor missteps that occurred.

In the future, please let us know about any concerns you have regarding your room (sheets, amenities, etc.) — no matter how small. We always appreciate hearing about issues while our guests are staying with us, so we can work to fix the problem on the spot. We'd never want our guests to feel uncomfortable. I apologize again for the delay with your taxi, as well. That one's completely on us, but I'm glad you made it to the movie screening on time!

It's great to hear that everything else seemed to go off without a hitch. We do hope to see you when you're back in Nashville. Our door is always open!

Until then,
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We booked this hotel on Priceline for Bout $55 per night plus fees. It was fine for that price. The front desk workers were okay at best. They were not friendly but not nasty either. The rooms were fine. The beds were small and had funky, older white linen and duvets. There is nothing within walking distance and the bar was a little shady although the one waitress who helped us order pizza was very nice. The pool is outside and large but very cold. There is no hot tub. The halls were hot and the room air conditioner was loud. There are no exhaust fans in the rooms so they are very humid.

It was difficult to find the hotel using the GPS. It takes quite a bit of time to get anywhere because of all the traffic.

Room Tip: They do have adjoining rooms if you are traveling with a group, but there were difficult to reserve...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I'm sorry for your disappointing experience — we always want our guests to have an enjoyable stay with us, so this review raises a red flag. We'd never want to settle for so-so or just "okay," so I want to apologize if our front desk wasn't as friendly as they should have been. Above all, our guests should feel taken care of, so I'll be sure to address this with our staff. I'll take note of your comment about the hot hallways and humidity in your room — we'd never want you to feel uncomfortable.

I do hope you will give us another shot when you're back in Nashville. We want to give you a truly memorable experience!

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

After hours of searching for a hotel for a bachelorette party I find this one. Love the location and hotel itself has a cook fun vibe. We arrived at 2:15 and asked the front desk guy if we could check in early. He was so nice and made us feel very welcome. Hre told us he'd have some thing ready at 2:30 for us. Awesome. We went and grabbed food and did a little shopping and come back at four..... the associate that first helped us was gone. No big deal we can check in with someone else. That person then told us our room wasn't ready?!?! Are you kidding me! Check in was at three not even early check in. They put a "rush" on cleaning the room and told us it'd be 10 minutes. 15 minutes later we go to our room that was supposed to be clean, open the door and it's still dirty! The house cleaning lady came out to the hall and rudely said I need to get ib there. Really nice first impression. I went back down to the front desk and with no apology they gave us a different room that was ready. Why couldn't you have done this the first time?!?!?! So four girls carrying 50 lbs of luggage traveled up two more floors. There were no luggage carts when we arrived and the hotel staff did nothing to make sure we had one. They watched us struggle the entire time.. then my lovely bride came back very intoxicated but not loud by any means. And was making a phone call in the hall when security started walking our floor. We are staying two more nights in Nashville but unfortunately will not be staying here. Once we had a room it was clean but the service we received will make me pay extra for somewhere with better service. Also; if you need a cab driver call max. The hotel will call for you but be specific in asking for max!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
It's a shame you had such a disappointing experience, Natasha. You're absolutely right — a hotel is only as good as its customer service, and our guests' happiness is always top of mind for us. I can honestly say I am surprised and embarrassed by the lack of service you received, particularly since it was such a special occasion.

I'm sorry for the miscommunication with our front desk when you returned from lunch. Our staff should have apologized immediately after they sent you to the wrong room and offered to carry your bags to your correct room. That error is completely on us.

I'm sure the bride-to-be meant absolutely no harm taking a call in the hallway, but it's our security's job to make sure other guests aren't being disturbed. I hope you can understand where we were coming from.

That being said, I am truly sorry for your underwhelming experience. I do hope you will give us another shot when you're back in Nashville. We're confident we can show you a much better experience next time!

new york, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Knowing nothing about the city of Nashville, or any of the places to stay, I let my girlfriend do the booking for this part of our trip. She usually scews up everything she does, so I wasnt expecting much.

Check in was pleasant, though the red lighting made me feel like I was in a brothel. It brought me back to my youth and I considered asking for the jungle room for 5 hours. I noticed a few families, which put my mind at ease. people do not usually bring kids to sex type hotels.

After check in, I was offered a pet fish, a rubber ducky, or some plant to have in my room. No I'm not trying to be funny. This is really something that is offered to guests, which I think is genius. As silly as it seems, a beta fish on the desk just has a comforting effect.

Room was beautiful. Lighting controls were conveniently placed. There was no shortage of plug outlets, which can sometimes be an issue. I would, however, would have appreciated a channel guide... why is it so few hotels have channel guides in the room these days?

staff was awesome. very pleasant. check out was painless. would definitely stay here again next time i happen to be in town

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Robert, I'm glad that we could welcome you to Nashville and offer a few comforts to help you feel right at home. Thanks for the note on the channel guide. That's something we can look into! I hope that you and your girlfriend enjoyed the rest of your visit, and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in town.

Best,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I love an experience and the hotel Preston is an experience above all else in Nashville. For the price nothing beats it! You can save yourself $200 and stay at the Preston instead of Opryland. We all know how cool the jungle is at opryland but if youre not looking to spend $300 on a small room then look no further than the Preston.

• Stayed July 2013
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We love giving you a wonderful experience! Thanks for this thoughtful review. We're all about creating a relaxing escape for our guests, so the fact that you had a fun, worry-free trip is music to our ears. Please come back and see us soon — our door is always open!

Cheers,
tmauch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I wanted a somewhat nicer hotel for our five-year anniversary trip but didn't want to spend a ton of money. We got what we thought was a good deal on the Hotel Preston, right by the Nashville airport, for a little more than $100 a night after using a Travelocity coupon. The hotel seems to advertise itself as being a cool, new modern place. It certainly wasn't bad. I just don't know if it was any better than the other hotels we were looking at, like a Ramada Inn. Part of it's just the general look. The inside has been remodeled recently, but it seems like they cut corners here and there. For instance, they added faux red fur to the inner walls of the elevators, but the elevators themselves seem rather old. Our rooms were clean, though, and basically nice. We had a few small hiccups - were given two double beds when we asked for one king - but the staff handled them well and got them fixed quickly. It's a perfectly fine hotel (and a great location to downtown - a cab won't cost you more than $20 including tip), but if you're going for something a little nicer, I'd keep looking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your honesty. While it's never fun to read so-so reviews, we welcome feedback of any kind — it lets us know what we're doing well and also what we can do better. From our fun amenities to our funky vibe, we like to think of ourselves as a unique escape from the hustle and bustle of the real world. I apologize if our "funkiness" came across as "cutting corners" or looking disheveled, that certainly was not our intention.

I'm sorry for that slight hiccup with your bed — I'm glad our staff was able to fix that for you rather quickly. I do hope you and your husband give us another shot when you're back in Nashville. You came to us for a special trip, and that's exactly what we want to give you!

Be well,
Steve

Been to Hotel Preston? Share your experiences!