“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Preston
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   733 Briley Parkway, Nashville, TN 37217   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15% on Trip Advisor!
Ranked #69 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Anna, Illinois
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were there for a 5 day photography workshop. We had a wonderful time! The hotel was beautiful! The only one complaint we would have was that the conference room was too cold most of the time.
The employees were wonderful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We're so glad you had a great stay with us. I'll definitely take note of your comment about the temperature in our conference room. Did you let anyone on staff know that you were too cold? We would have been happy to adjust the temperature for you! Thank you again for sharing your experience— I do hope you will come back soon!

All the best,
Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a nice hotel for a great value, that is close to the airport, close to downtown Nashville, and best of all one floor is reserved for the 4-legged members of the family! The room was large & clean, beds were soft & comfy. They gave us dog biscuits & waste baggies upon check-in. The elevator requires a room key to operate for added security. I only stayed 1 night so didn't use the restaurant, but looking for coffee on the way out the restaurant staff went out of her way while cleaning up to bring us 2 to-go cups without us asking. All service was friendly & professional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We always want our guests to have a fun and memorable experience with us, so the fact that you had such a good time is music to our ears! Thanks for mentioning that we are pet friendly— we want both you and your pup to feel at home! Next time you're in Nashville, our door is always open.

Millstadt, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over Easter weekend for a trip to Nashville with my boyfriend. We were there for the downtown nightlife, but not willing to pay the nearly $200/night it costs to stay at the downtown hotels. I researched the area and bid $50/night on Priceline and was rewarded with a room at this awesome hotel. Rooms were modern and clean, and I loved the vibe. Ordered a fish and lava lamp as soon as we got there, but it never arrived. Later that evening, we spoke to a couple in the hotel bar, whom we discovered were staying next door to us, and they said that a fish was unexpectly delivered to their room, so I think they got ours. Taxi ride to downtown was around $18 each way, but considering how much we saved by staying at this hotel and also not having to pay for downtown parking, it was a good deal. I liked the hotel bar, which has evening entertainment. We didnt eat at the restaurant, but heard that it was good. I have stayed at several hotels in Nashville and this one is my favorite.

• Stayed February 2013
It's wonderful you had such an enjoyable stay with us over Easter weekend! I'm glad you got such a great deal with our hotel and that you loved your room. I'm so sorry that your fish was delivered to the wrong room— did you let our front desk know that you never received it? We would have quickly corrected our mistake!

All and all, it sounds like you had a great time with us. Next time you're back in Nashville, we'd love for you to stay with us again!

Calumet City, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I read many mixed reviews about this hotel and most of the bads ones I disagree with. Yes, they did not offer me the dog bowl or treats, but it was not a deal breaker. Most peeps bring their own dog food and accessories when they bring their pets. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, pool was nice and clean and the breakfast I had in the restaurant two days in a row was fantastic. It is 10 minutes from downtown Nashville and while it is showing its age a little bit, I thought it was a very nice hotel for the price. My only knock on this hotel is there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom which makes for a very steamy mirror after you shower. Also, gave you a pencil at your room desk instead of a pen and when the lead breaks....what can you write with. Great place if you want to take your dog along for the trip. Compared to other hotels in Nashville that allows large dogs, this place is a great deal!

Jeff,
Thank you for sticking up for us! We always want our guests to have a memorable experience, so we're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and great amenities.

That being said, I'll definitely take note of your concerns about adding an exhaust fan in the bathroom and pens for your room desk. If you have any more feedback for us, we're all ears!

I do hope we will see you again soon. We'd love for you to stay with us again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The exterior is modern and sleek, however....the interior is worn and strange. Who ever the interior designer for this hotel was a bit out there, the hallways are four or five different colors, and all depressing dark colors, and the elevator, don't get me started! Like a dead animal pelt in bright red on the walls! The art in the lobby a bit whacky also, thankfully the rooms are not as odd. Beds good, room fine nothing great nor poor. The front desk folks lack any personality, here's your key, now go attitude. I stayed for 6 nights and ask the front desk for "TWO" stamps to mail two postcards....and they actually charged me $.92 cents...I guess nothing is complimentary at this hotel. Put it this way as long as you only are looking for a place to sleep, the price is good and it serves its purpose. But if you wish to hang out in your hotel and relax, not sure this is the best place, seriously the interior design of the hotel is just down right ugly, and staff have a lack of customer care skill, even upon check out never was I asked if I enjoyed my stay, or come back again soon... Just not much personality there. But Nashville is Awesome!

• Stayed June 2013
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thanks for this honest feedback. While we're happy you enjoyed our convenient location and comfortable beds, it's a shame you were disappointed with the rest. We always want our guests to have a fun and enjoyable stay with us, so I'd love to get some more information from you — we'll make sure you have a much better experience next time!

I want to apologize if our front desk acted rude in any way. Above all, our guests' happiness is always top of mind, so this raises a big red flag. When did you stay with us? I will speak with my staff about this— and the stamp charge— during our next meeting. For future reference, we do offer fun and quirky complementary amenities (like pet goldfish, rubber duckies and arts and crafts for kids).

I'm sorry you weren't a big fan of our unique decor. We like to think of ourselves as a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of the real world. From our funky lounge to our authentic Nashville photography, we want our guests to have a memorable experience. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation. I'm happy to hear any more feedback you may have for us.

Warm regards,
Cape coral
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love to book great deals on Priceline when we take our yearly road trips. I booked a quick deal because, I knew based on the area and stars that there were only three hotel options and the review on all three looked ok. Of course as soon as Priceline gave us The Preston, I went to Trip Advisor and read other people’s reviews, so I had an idea of what to expect when we arrived.. Check in went fine. Our room wasn't clean yet so the smarter of the two counter people suggested that we just get a different room. While the rooms were switched on the computer ….I was so lucky to be told about how the two employees hung out and got stupid the night before and all about a new man that the girl working the front desk was seeing. When you check in you get the choice of a Lava Lamp, Live Beta Fish, or Rubber Duckies. We of course opted for all three. After a long drive my husband needed a nap and the children needed a swim in the pool. The patio furniture was very nice and clean. Towels are supposed to be at the pool but there were only two available the whole time we were there, other people who came while we were at the pool had to drip dry. The pool was very warm and quite. We were excited to get back to the room to see our Room Fish and Lava Lamp............but sadly, they had not arrived to our room in the three hours since we were told that they would be right up. A quick call to the front desk fixed that and our special items were brought up.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant. The service was slow and I believe there were only two servers for about six seated tables, the server may have also had to cook the food. My salad never came out and we had to wait a long time for our dinner but everything was really tasty. The filet was yummy with a salty glaze and my husband said the burger was good, my children had chicken wings and we all picked a dessert to take back to the room. Once back at the room all was quiet except for my children. I decided to order a few pillows off the pillow menu which was a nice touch, they even had body pillows. The bathroom was cleanish and the floors looked fine. My only complaint about cleanliness would be the doors and handles were sticky and could be wiped down. The cleaning staff brought up extra towels promptly and the front desk gave the children a few extra rubber duckies. THIS HOTEL IS NOT A THREE STAR HOTEL. I guess one of the hotels best features is free airport parking for a week if you stay there the night before (which we did not need or use). The hotel is decent if you get a good deal on Priceline, but sure not worth $100 a night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall, I'm sad there were a few oversights on our part. Your room should have been ready for you upon arrival, however, I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue promptly. I also want to apologize for the inappropriate conversation during your check in, I'll be sure to address this issue with my staff.

As for the lack of towels, I wish you had let us know. We would have been more than happy to bring more out for you and our other guests. I appreciate your feedback in regards to your dinner. We're sorry if our service was a bit slow. We make all the dishes fresh to order, which can sometimes account for the slightly longer wait. I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Again, thank you for voicing your concerns. They will surely be helpful as we move forward. Although I'm disappointed to know we didn't meet your expectations, I hope you'll give us another try should you ever return to Nashville. We would love to have you and your family again.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a nice hotel. Not over the top, but it was a comfortable, safe, and good stay. The restraint was reasonable, by hotel food prices standards and the food was good. The waitress was a real gem, friendly, and a really sweet lady. It is close to the airport, so obviously jet noise can be heard. They also have Large pool and a huge deck.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this wonderful review! I'm glad you had a comfortable and relaxing stay with us. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our waitstaff. Hope you'll think of staying with us again in the future!

Steve

Been to Hotel Preston? Share your experiences!