“A fun, upbeat, unique hotel - with a fish!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   733 Briley Parkway, Nashville, TN 37217   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #60 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Michigan
“A fun, upbeat, unique hotel - with a fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Everyone was very nice and accommodating, especially the staff at the front desk.. I really enjoyed the vibe of the hotel - kind of retro/art deco/modern with some zany touches (red cowhide elevator walls??). It was fun, unique, and upbeat. Black and white photograph portraits of musicians on the walls were really interesting. I don't know who the photographer was, but it is all excellent work. The holographic movie posters in the lobby were just fun to stare at along with all the other little touches of tongue-in-cheek decor.

Seriously, the Preston is simply a nice clean hotel with a sense of humor and good taste, as well as large rooms, comfortable beds, and a wonderful staff. I am so glad I stayed here instead of some hotel that looks and feels like every other hotel in every other city. The Preston is in a quiet neighborhood, five minutes from the airport and 12 minutes from downtown.

I didn't visit the spa or fitness room and can't comment.

I don't eat at hotels when great restaurants are 10 minutes away, so I can't comment.

I didn't get a fish for the room. I have a fish at home who would have been very hurt if she found out that I had another fish in my hotel room. All night. Alone. Together. Would I feel cheap and dirty with a gill-fetish? Am I supposed to change her water and give her cab fare in the morning? I don't know the protocol for these things!!!

Room Tip: I had room 1001, across from the elevator, around the corner from the ice machine. It was fine - ex...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Okay, this is hands down our favorite review we've ever read. I literally laughed out loud. First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful feedback. I'm so glad you appreciate how unique we really are. Unique with a sense of humor— just like this review! We work hard to be a relaxing and fun escape from the hustle and bustle of the real world, and it sounds like we did our job. Thanks for mentioning all of our Nashville photography— we love our city and do what we can to represent it well!

Hey, I completely understand your hesitation about having a fish for a night. We get it— you're in a very committed relationship with your fish at home. Far be it from us to ruin a good thing. That being said, we hope you will come back and stay with us soon. Another zany, unique, fun-filled trip awaits you!

Thanks for the laugh,

747 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not close to restaurants and the one in the hotel is quite bad. Poor quality in fact and the food was covered I mean smothered with seasoning salt. I couldn't even eat it. Next, it smells like pets stay there and like people must smoke inside at times. The fitness room smells quite bad and is super tiny with 3 pieces of cardio equipment. Someone was using the treadmill when I went in and there was no ventilation so I had to go. The front desk attendants were friendly. The room is a fine size and decently appointed.

• Stayed May 2013
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I appreciate your upfront, honest review. While it's wonderful you enjoyed your room and our friendly staff, I'm sorry everything else was disappointing. We're always aiming to 'wow' our guests, so the fact that you think we undelivered raises a red flag.

I'd love to get some more information from you, so we can make sure your experience is much better next time. Do you remember when you stayed with us? I'm sorry you were underwhelmed by our restaurant. What meal did you order? I've never heard of any of our dishes being smothered in salt, so I'll absolutely look into this.

I'm sorry you were bothered by the smell. We are a pet-friendly hotel, so yes, we do have designated rooms for guests with animals. Do you remember which room you stayed in? You should never have to deal with that unpleasantness, and for that, I am truly sorry. It's completely on us to make sure everything smells fresh. It's a shame you were disappointed in the size of our gym, too. We try to make the most with the space we have, but if you have any more feedback for us, we'd really appreciate it.

I do hope you will give us another shot. I know we can really knock it out of the park for you next time!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had a wonderful time. Our room was clean and comfortable. They even provided organic coffee in the room. :) Every request we had was honored without question. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. Plus, the convenience and shuttle to airport meant I could sleep in rather than getting up early to drop my husband off at the airport.! Will go back!

Room Tip: We chose a king bed. The rooms at the end/corners seem to be larger.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We're so thrilled you had such a pleasant stay with us. We like to think of ourselves as a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of the real world, so your comments are a great indication that we're doing something right! It's wonderful you thought our staff was very helpful and accommodating. We're very much looking forward to you and your husband staying with us again soon!

Be well,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was pleasantly suprised how quiet the room was with an airport runway right accross the street. We really didn't notice it much at all. Our room was right accross from the elevator, which made me nervous, but we never hear it during our stay. We were very happy about that!
Loved that they offered a fish for your room. It really made it feel homey. Nice extra touch.

Customer service was excellent. Steve, the courtesy van driver was so friendly and helpful. He made our time in Nashville so much better with all of his insider tips. He is really a nice guy.
The hotel was close to all of our activitives. Room was clean, and loved all the pillow choices.
Will stay here again on our next trip. it was a great value for the money. Loved that they offered a Facebook rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for this glowing review! I'm so glad you were impressed with our fun amenities and had a very relaxing stay. I appreciate you mentioning how helpful and knowledgeable Steve was— I'll be sure to pass this message along to him. It's wonderful you were able to take advantage of our convenient location, too! Next time you're in our neck of the woods, I hope you won't hesitate to stay with us again!

Much appreciated,
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband, our 5 month old and dog stayed at Hotel Preston this past weekend. We chose the Hotel Preston because they accept pets and traveling with our dog is a must.

Pro's: Though it's close to the airport, we did not hear much airplane noise at all. That was a nice surprise. I was worried with the noise and our 5 month old. The room was clean and spacious and comfortable. Internet was good and reliable. Parking is not a problem at all with a large lot. Downtown was only about 10 minutes away. Staff is nice and helpful.

Con's: However, there was nothing special about this hotel. It was just that - a hotel. It didn't feel like a home away from home. There are really no extra amenities and they did not provide the doggie treats they told me about when the reservation was made. The food in the Cafe is just not that good at all. Overpriced (as all hotels are) but not that good at all. The breakfast buffet was hard to digest for me. I couldn't even eat it. I only ate fruit and the danishes they store bought. But, since downtown is so close there is plenty of choices to go out for food. This is not a deal breaker for me.

Room Tip: All rooms with pets are on the third floor. our room was right next to the elevator but we did not h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I appreciate your honest review. It's wonderful that you, your husband and your pup had a nice, quiet stay at our hotel and took advantage of our convenient location. That being said, we pride ourselves on our authenticity, so it's a shame you guys didn't think we were anything 'special'. From our Nashville-themed artwork to our quirky gifts (like rubber duckies and goldfish), we work hard to create a very unique experience for our guests.

With regards to the dog treats, did you bring this to the attention of our staff? I'm sure we would have been happy to bring some to you. I'm sorry you were disappointed with our cafe's breakfast selection. I will absolutely address this during our next staff meeting. Is there anything in particular you would change about our food selection? Once again, I appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your family staying with us again— I know we can show you an even better experience overall!

Cheers,
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Only one issue with one elevator being down, so at times we had to wait to use elevator. Other than that very modern updated feel. Conveinent to downtown. Heard stories about it being on the ghost tour, but had no paranormal experiences.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Anne,
Thank you so much for this review. It's wonderful you enjoyed our modern decor— we work hard to create a very authentic and memorable experience for our guests. I'm terribly sorry about the elevator being down... I hope that wasn't too much of an inconvenience and we very much appreciated your patience. I'm happy to hear you got to take advantage of our central location, too! I hope you will come back and stay with us soon.

All the best,
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport but the short burts of infrequent noise from the jets is very tolerable. Rooms are clean throughout with nice decor. The beds are comfortable and they give you plenty of different typs of pillows. Room service is a little pricey for the quality but what hotel isn't. Wireless internet was free and faster that the typical hotel (Thanks!) The staff were very nice and professional. Plenty of parking, and close to freeway for short 4-5 mile drive to downtown Nashville.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible for quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's wonderful you enjoyed our unique decor and comfy beds— we want to entertain our guests but also want them to feel at home! I'll take note of your comment about our room service. Our chef uses very fresh and flavorful ingredients and puts a lot of care into each dish, so we believe that the high quality of our food accurately reflects our prices. Once again, I appreciate your feedback. I hope you won't hesitate to stay with us whenever you're back in Nashville— we will absolutely put our best foot forward!

All the best,
Steve

Been to Hotel Preston? Share your experiences!