“Well it's okay” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #67 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
“Well it's okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not close to restaurants and the one in the hotel is quite bad. Poor quality in fact and the food was covered I mean smothered with seasoning salt. I couldn't even eat it. Next, it smells like pets stay there and like people must smoke inside at times. The fitness room smells quite bad and is super tiny with 3 pieces of cardio equipment. Someone was using the treadmill when I went in and there was no ventilation so I had to go. The front desk attendants were friendly. The room is a fine size and decently appointed.

• Stayed May 2013
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I appreciate your upfront, honest review. While it's wonderful you enjoyed your room and our friendly staff, I'm sorry everything else was disappointing. We're always aiming to 'wow' our guests, so the fact that you think we undelivered raises a red flag.

I'd love to get some more information from you, so we can make sure your experience is much better next time. Do you remember when you stayed with us? I'm sorry you were underwhelmed by our restaurant. What meal did you order? I've never heard of any of our dishes being smothered in salt, so I'll absolutely look into this.

I'm sorry you were bothered by the smell. We are a pet-friendly hotel, so yes, we do have designated rooms for guests with animals. Do you remember which room you stayed in? You should never have to deal with that unpleasantness, and for that, I am truly sorry. It's completely on us to make sure everything smells fresh. It's a shame you were disappointed in the size of our gym, too. We try to make the most with the space we have, but if you have any more feedback for us, we'd really appreciate it.

I do hope you will give us another shot. I know we can really knock it out of the park for you next time!

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had a wonderful time. Our room was clean and comfortable. They even provided organic coffee in the room. :) Every request we had was honored without question. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. Plus, the convenience and shuttle to airport meant I could sleep in rather than getting up early to drop my husband off at the airport.! Will go back!

Room Tip: We chose a king bed. The rooms at the end/corners seem to be larger.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We're so thrilled you had such a pleasant stay with us. We like to think of ourselves as a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle of the real world, so your comments are a great indication that we're doing something right! It's wonderful you thought our staff was very helpful and accommodating. We're very much looking forward to you and your husband staying with us again soon!

Be well,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was pleasantly suprised how quiet the room was with an airport runway right accross the street. We really didn't notice it much at all. Our room was right accross from the elevator, which made me nervous, but we never hear it during our stay. We were very happy about that!
Loved that they offered a fish for your room. It really made it feel homey. Nice extra touch.

Customer service was excellent. Steve, the courtesy van driver was so friendly and helpful. He made our time in Nashville so much better with all of his insider tips. He is really a nice guy.
The hotel was close to all of our activitives. Room was clean, and loved all the pillow choices.
Will stay here again on our next trip. it was a great value for the money. Loved that they offered a Facebook rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for this glowing review! I'm so glad you were impressed with our fun amenities and had a very relaxing stay. I appreciate you mentioning how helpful and knowledgeable Steve was— I'll be sure to pass this message along to him. It's wonderful you were able to take advantage of our convenient location, too! Next time you're in our neck of the woods, I hope you won't hesitate to stay with us again!

Much appreciated,
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband, our 5 month old and dog stayed at Hotel Preston this past weekend. We chose the Hotel Preston because they accept pets and traveling with our dog is a must.

Pro's: Though it's close to the airport, we did not hear much airplane noise at all. That was a nice surprise. I was worried with the noise and our 5 month old. The room was clean and spacious and comfortable. Internet was good and reliable. Parking is not a problem at all with a large lot. Downtown was only about 10 minutes away. Staff is nice and helpful.

Con's: However, there was nothing special about this hotel. It was just that - a hotel. It didn't feel like a home away from home. There are really no extra amenities and they did not provide the doggie treats they told me about when the reservation was made. The food in the Cafe is just not that good at all. Overpriced (as all hotels are) but not that good at all. The breakfast buffet was hard to digest for me. I couldn't even eat it. I only ate fruit and the danishes they store bought. But, since downtown is so close there is plenty of choices to go out for food. This is not a deal breaker for me.

Room Tip: All rooms with pets are on the third floor. our room was right next to the elevator but we did not h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hotel-Preston09, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I appreciate your honest review. It's wonderful that you, your husband and your pup had a nice, quiet stay at our hotel and took advantage of our convenient location. That being said, we pride ourselves on our authenticity, so it's a shame you guys didn't think we were anything 'special'. From our Nashville-themed artwork to our quirky gifts (like rubber duckies and goldfish), we work hard to create a very unique experience for our guests.

With regards to the dog treats, did you bring this to the attention of our staff? I'm sure we would have been happy to bring some to you. I'm sorry you were disappointed with our cafe's breakfast selection. I will absolutely address this during our next staff meeting. Is there anything in particular you would change about our food selection? Once again, I appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your family staying with us again— I know we can show you an even better experience overall!

Cheers,
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Only one issue with one elevator being down, so at times we had to wait to use elevator. Other than that very modern updated feel. Conveinent to downtown. Heard stories about it being on the ghost tour, but had no paranormal experiences.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Anne,
Thank you so much for this review. It's wonderful you enjoyed our modern decor— we work hard to create a very authentic and memorable experience for our guests. I'm terribly sorry about the elevator being down... I hope that wasn't too much of an inconvenience and we very much appreciated your patience. I'm happy to hear you got to take advantage of our central location, too! I hope you will come back and stay with us soon.

All the best,
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport but the short burts of infrequent noise from the jets is very tolerable. Rooms are clean throughout with nice decor. The beds are comfortable and they give you plenty of different typs of pillows. Room service is a little pricey for the quality but what hotel isn't. Wireless internet was free and faster that the typical hotel (Thanks!) The staff were very nice and professional. Plenty of parking, and close to freeway for short 4-5 mile drive to downtown Nashville.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible for quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's wonderful you enjoyed our unique decor and comfy beds— we want to entertain our guests but also want them to feel at home! I'll take note of your comment about our room service. Our chef uses very fresh and flavorful ingredients and puts a lot of care into each dish, so we believe that the high quality of our food accurately reflects our prices. Once again, I appreciate your feedback. I hope you won't hesitate to stay with us whenever you're back in Nashville— we will absolutely put our best foot forward!

All the best,
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

After reading reviews here I was a little worried although I do not put much credit in reviews that are completely negative or completely positive. We checked in and I really liked the eclectic decor. Our room was a corner king room and it was huge! The furniture was neat and fit the eclectic feel of this hotel. The room was clean as was the bedding. The bathroom was rather small but the towels were large and fluffy. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful, and professional. We had breakfast in the on site restaurant and it was good and reasonably priced. There was some loud airplane noise but I have downloaded a white noise ap that is very helpful. We would definitely stay at the Hotel Preston again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing this great feedback with us. From our unique decor to our comfy rooms— you really captured the essence of our hotel! We work hard to create a 'modern' vibe, while still making our guests feel right at home. I appreciate you giving our staff a shout out— we work hard to go above and beyond for our guests, so I'm glad you felt like you were taken care of! Please don't hesitate to stay with us again the next time you're in Nashville.

Cheers,
Steve

Been to Hotel Preston? Share your experiences!