“A wonderful Evening” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #140 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
LASCASSAS
“A wonderful Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We were looking for a room with a Jacuzzi and was tired of looking when I happened to see the Days Inn. I got the number and called. The gentleman was so nice gave me a special rate and said he would hold the room. I was greeted with a smile. Our room was wonderful, extremely clean and comfy. The Bed Amazing, The jacuzzi was wonderful. We liked it so much we decided to order in from a place that was advertised in the Room Sicilians I think. Wonderful Food we had a nice dinner and a wonderful evening. Because of the location I was worried about noise and issues but it was quite as could be. We slept amazing. Breakfast was a bit on the simple side with not many choices but as long as they have the waffle maker I am always happy. Over all it was a great weekend and now we know for sure when we are looking for a nice night away from the kids this is it for us. Affordable and clean. We loved it

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

I have stayed in a number of hotels. However, I have never described them as sleazy until now. The room was in desperate need of maintenance. However, viewing the previous repairs made to the room, I had no interest in calling them. There are locations closer to the airport and any potential cost savings do not outweigh the peace of mind lost while staying there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I always read reviews and look at ratings before I travel, go figure the one time I don't and it slaps me in the face. We arrived at our room, opened the door and I am not exaggerating, it looked as if an explosion of some sort had went off in the room, walls were covered in brown substance, waste basket (no bag) was nasty, the bath was horrible, the carpet didnt have a clean spot that I could see, we left and went to the front desk, they moved us, it didnt get any better in this room, we went back again, again they moved us...this time to a suite, the key wouldnt work, finally eneough was enough we were leaving, although afraid with the Garth Brooks concert we would be unable to find a place to stay, so they gave us another suite, they must have been holding this one for the Days Inn Inspector, it wasnt bad..one last thing, I have no proof...on the drive home I went to take my RA medicine, it was gone except for one tablet, I had just had it filled before leaving home. If you look at the name quickly it does look like Hydro...they will get a surprise wont they?

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

When I stayed there, there was a group that came in and at 2:00 AM, were drunk and shot off a gun. When I complained, they didn’t care. BEDBUG infested rooms. When I complained, they gave me another room, but let someone else check into that same room the next day without even exterminating it. I had over 100 bites on my body and still have the scares. There are prostitutes and drug dealings going on. The truckers make it their route and park in the lot, the trucks generator is on all night long. Party scenes always going on and they never do anything for the safety of the customers. Forget it if you want a good night’s rest. I was told they charge $15.00 to go downtown but on the internet it states the shuttle is free. The list goes on and on. Bottom line, make a fast buck!! There are better and cheaper places down the street like the Crossland which is an Extended Stay!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Let me just say the hotel staff had No sense of humor and were not friendly when we checked in, we were traveling with two other couples (6 adults total) we asked for two rooms near each other but instead were given rooms on the opposite sides of the building, we later learned that the rooms on either side of us were empty. Hmmmm.
The hotel rooms were less than clean and all the linens were dingy. The bathroom light fixture was missing and the vents were covered with dirty lint.
When we checked into this hotel we saw they offered 24 hour shuttle service to downtown, since we were traveling on motorcycles we thought this was an easier way to travel so we wouldn't have to pay for or find parking for three bikes, when we called the front desk to let them know we'd be needing the shuttle they asked us to come to the front desk when we were ready to leave, which we did. Upon arriving at the front desk they were waiting to hear from the shuttle driver to see if he wanted to take us downtown and depending on how late we wanted to return would determine if he would be picking us up, he wouldn't drive after midnight! - so much for 24 hour shuttle service, its more like whenever Sunjay wants to drive you Shuttle Service.
During our 20 minutes spent in the outdoor pool we noticed that activity on the second floor was peculiar, lots of visitors that only stayed a minute or two, hmmmm illegal activity maybe? As soon as we left the pool we noticed the pool was filled with broken pieces of styrofoam, enough to make us not want to go back into the pool again.
OK, Here's where it gets nasty! The following morning we packed up the bikes and left for breakfast at the Waffle House around the corner, we were coming back to the rooms after breakfast to do a final check of the rooms and to check out of the hotel. When we get back to the room 45 minutes later the room had been "cleaned" and anything we may have left behind was cleared out! At that time we didn't realize that we left a valuable piece of clothing in the room, we checked out and left. Upon arriving in another town that night we discovered the missing item, I called this hotel and spoke to "Barry" who knows nothing of missing/lost/stolen items and insisted I call back the next day to speak to Mr. Patel. So far, five days later Mr. Patel has not been available to speak to me, how convenient for him.
Please, if you're in the area call the Holiday Inn Express across the street, I dont know its condition but it can't be any worse than this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I didn't read the reviews here until it was too late to get other lodging, so I was not expecting much when I arrived in Nashville a few weeks ago.
The shuttle took some time in arriving at the airport, but it got there and the driver was very cheerful, helpful and generally very nice.
Mr andd Mrs Manager (sorry, don't know their names!) were at the front desk, and also extremely nice and helpful.
OK, the room wasn't great, but it wasn't awful either. Ordinary budget motel, I'd say. Fridge and micro in the room.
Breakfast was good enough för me. Once again, fairly ordinary.
The area is not as bad as suggested by many. Yes, there are some "working girls" and their pimps in the neighbourhood, and there are some characters on the unlucky side of life there too. BUT, in NO WAY AT ALL did I feel them as a threat to my safety! I'm a single middle-aged woman travelling alone and using public transport. (there is a bus stop across the street from the motel) and I felt totally safe doing so. If you're disturbed by seeing these kind of characters, don't go here. If you have a somewhat more open mind, well... like I said: It's not as bad as you'd think from the reviews!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Trumbull, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

It’s a Days Inn... What is everyone expecting??? The bathroom was very small and even more awkward was the sink was outside of the bathroom. I had never seen that before. The bed was not the most comfortable in the world but my body had no issues sleeping on it. All and all it was what I expected from a Day's Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!