“Totally needs updating!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Totally needs updating!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

All other hotels were booked so we decided to give this place a shot. WOW!!! No wonder there were rooms left especially with Carrie Underwood at the Opry, which was why we were in Nashville. We had a few issues besides the rooms being old, sink took forever to drain, coffee pot lid, where water goes, was broken and while waiting on the coffee to brew, the filter basket came flying out and water went everywhere. The windows, since they are facing the parking lot, and you have access to the walk way, could have black film on them as to have somewhat some privacy while sitting on the beds or in the chairs. This hotel is very much in need of a redo. Dont know how old the curtains or bedspreads are. Afraid to sit on the chairs as they are certainly old and worn. However the only big problem we had was the shuttle. Upon my arrival as the hotel, I asked if they had a shuttle service to the Opry, as knowing the parking at the Opry/Opry MIlls walking would have been horrible for my mother who had previously had a broken ankle and walking distances was hard on her foot. The lady at the desk informed me they had one and to be up front at 9 PM and they would drop us off at the front door of the Opry, great news for us so mom wouldn't have much waking to do. I paid the $20 for the 4 of us and we went to our room. We went down to the front at 8:50 and lo and behold, the shuttle had already left, they forgot to place our name and room number on the sheet, honest mistake. We ended up 30 minutes before the show having to drive ourselves, as not one of the 3 ladies there offered to take us since this was their screw up. Needless to say I informed them that I would be back after the show for my $20. My daughter, who dropped us off out front because she knew her nan wasnt going to able to walk a long distance or a hurried walk at that, ended up parking by Bass Pro and making the mad dash to get to the Opry before the show started. We understand mistakes are made as we are all human, but we feel as though one of the workers could have driven us there and we could have gotten the shuttle back, they just never offered. I did however get my money back as one of the workers was outside smoking when we finally got back to the hotel. Its just an OLD hotel is all.

Room Tip: Get another hotel until this is refurbished.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank nanapoopy

Elyria, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room smelled. The kids couldn't enjoy the pool because it was next to a bar. Employees were on the outside stairs outside our non-smoking room smoking and being loud. Receptionist was rude. Internet worked for maybe 15 minutes on a 2 day stay, and we had no t.v. I called to speak to a manager after we left, and pulling teeth from a gator would not have taken as long as to get a response from the manager. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra money and stay at a nice hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are very noisy and the walls are very thin. Free Wi-Fi, but it doesn't work.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
5 Thank sjparker2011
Gillingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I would not rate this hotel (motel) at all. We booked our holiday of a lifetime to Nashville and stayed at the Fiddlers Inn. When we arrived a day late because of United Airlines flight delays the welcome was lukewarm at best. We were given a room on the ground floor which overlooked a car park and if the curtains were open everyone could look in so there was no privacy. We asked to be moved and were moved to a room on the third floor (Room 363) - same thing with curtains but at least it was only people on that floor walking past that could see in not the world and his wife! The room seemed clean enough although the bedding and decor had seen better days, but there was no fridge - these it seemed were in rooms on the ground floor only.

About a week into the holiday I noticed that I had been bitten but because we had been at a concert in LP Field I assumed that was where I had been bitten. However the bites continued (32 in all) and caused an allergic reaction and became as big as fifty pence pieces and started swelling. Although I consulted the staff at the Fiddlers Inn they said they had no idea what had bitten me but I ended up at a walk-in clinic after advice from a paramedic we met by accident in downtown Nashville, who said the bites were causing an infection. The medical professional that I saw there said the bites were from bed bugs and even gave a written note to that effect.

We had actually found a bug in the bed the morning of the clinic visit and showed it to hotel staff who took it to the Manager. She came up before we went to the clinic and said the hotel would pay all our medical bills but still never admitted it was bed bugs. In fact even when we came back from the clinic and showed her the note from them she said the hotel was clean and that we probably brought them with us on our suitcases!!!!

When a friend of ours researched this on the internet we found this was not the first time they had had bed bugs and it was also in the same room we had been given. Needless to say our holiday of a lifetime was ruined by this and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We are talking to a lawyer at the present time.

Room Tip: Not ground floor unless you have a motorbike, car or pickup
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ann S
Friendsville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

very disappointed in this place. we stayed in room 181 which is an ADA accessible room. The accessible bathroom was the best part of the stay and the location of the motel was great.
The pool was closed for chemical imbalances. However, the pool is a distance away from the main building and it is attached to a bar NOT the hotel. The cable tv only had 13 channels and the Wi-Fi was awful. When I asked the front desk about it they blamed it on cable company. Problem was, it was working in other rooms.
We did have a coupon we found in a travel magazine before we got there so we got the room for a very good price, but we got what we paid for.
Building is run down. room was clean over all but microwave and fridge not so much.
We would NOT stay there again.

Room Tip: not recommended. In good location to Grand Old Opry and Opry Mills Mall
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank gordsis
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I chose this place because we were visiting the Opry and had our dog with us. Its quite expensive for a motel, however, you can't fault the location so close to the Opry and plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The staff were great and made sure we had everything we wanted.

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing the pool in the second block as there is a large outdoor bar adjacent so it can...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rock Hill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We were passing through on our yearly trip to Kentucky. We have stayed numerous times in downtown Nashville and decided to stay on the loop. Reviews got me a little worried. What a pleasant surprise. Our room was not ready so they gave us one in Bldg. 3 on first floor. Bingo. Room on the end. Clean and ice cold just steps to food and live music. Yes it was not the Ritz but it did not cost $300 night and we slept just fine.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank txlnstr
Collierville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Even with the discounted rate of $69.95 this was overpriced. I'd have been ticked if I'd paid the full $90 for the cheapest room. The best part was the location. The show Hotel Hell was there a few years back and I can't see that they've made any improvements since the show aired. The steps outside are rusted, the bathrooms are gross, the woman at the check in desk was extremely rude, we had to go to the office twice because the key cards wouldn't work, the casing was falling off the a/c unit in the room, the sink was clogged, when we tried to pull the sink stopper lever to see if we could get it to drain, the whole thing pulled out because it wasn't even connected, AND HEAVEN FORBID you have to take a decent shower...turn on ANY cold water and the water temp switches from comfortable to ice cold, turn OFF all cold water and you go from comfortable to scorched. I hate to write a bad review because I'm from Nashville and love the area but this place is the pits. Spend a little more $$, it's well worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple