“Room for the night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Room for the night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were passing through on our yearly trip to Kentucky. We have stayed numerous times in downtown Nashville and decided to stay on the loop. Reviews got me a little worried. What a pleasant surprise. Our room was not ready so they gave us one in Bldg. 3 on first floor. Bingo. Room on the end. Clean and ice cold just steps to food and live music. Yes it was not the Ritz but it did not cost $300 night and we slept just fine.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Collierville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Even with the discounted rate of $69.95 this was overpriced. I'd have been ticked if I'd paid the full $90 for the cheapest room. The best part was the location. The show Hotel Hell was there a few years back and I can't see that they've made any improvements since the show aired. The steps outside are rusted, the bathrooms are gross, the woman at the check in desk was extremely rude, we had to go to the office twice because the key cards wouldn't work, the casing was falling off the a/c unit in the room, the sink was clogged, when we tried to pull the sink stopper lever to see if we could get it to drain, the whole thing pulled out because it wasn't even connected, AND HEAVEN FORBID you have to take a decent shower...turn on ANY cold water and the water temp switches from comfortable to ice cold, turn OFF all cold water and you go from comfortable to scorched. I hate to write a bad review because I'm from Nashville and love the area but this place is the pits. Spend a little more $$, it's well worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Morris, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We needed a room for one night after getting into Nashville, while waiting to get into the Opryland hotel. We chose this one, because my father in law stayed here previously on his trip, years ago. I am pretty sure the bed, blankets, curtains and carpet are all from the 1970's, which is ok, but they seemed very dingy. The curtains had water stains going up the back of them, like they haven't been washed in years. There was food left in the refrigerator that we had to clean out. 3 of the 7 lights we had worked. The maid banged on our door at 8:30 to ask us if we were checked out, then repeatedly asked us as we were hauling our luggage down if we were checked out yet. It was just a bit creepy staying here. That being said, the lady's that we dealt with behind the desk were VERY nice, and they made the hotel bearable!!!! So thank you ladies for that!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were going to Nashville for business and had one night booked at the Opryland, through the company. We decided to go Nashville the night before to make it a long weekend. We booked this hotel, since it was close by Opryland and it was priced well. On a positive note, the location is excellent. When we arrived, well after check in time, they said the room was not ready and that the maids were still working on it. We came back a few hours later. Unbeknownst to me, this hotel has a front building and a back (it's located behind the Cracker Barrel). We were sent to the back building. When we arrived in our room, I was immediately not happy. The walls were dirty and dingy. It smelled terrible and there were crumbs on the floor. The linens had been changed but there were stains on the sheet. The door looked as if had been broken into a number of times. The bathroom tub was the only area that was acceptably clean. The entire room needed a good scrubbing and the door needs replaced. I felt very uncomfortable in this room. This is the first time I have ever left a hotel. The rooms were also outside entrance. Luckily, they did give us a refund and were friendly about it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Granite Falls, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Let's face it, you're paying for proxmity to Opryland. This hotel is close to everything. The rooms were left behind in the 1970s -- severely outdated and run down. All rooms are external access. No breakfast either. Use the coupon from HotelCoupons booklet to get the best rate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed at the Fiddler's Inn for 3 nights while we were visiting Nashville. Our room was clean and comfortable and our air conditioner worked fine. The location was perfect for the family sightseeing we did and for attending The Grand Ole Opry. The staff was always polite and courteous to us and answered any questions that we had. Yes, the property is older, but they make a genuine effort to make sure their guests are well taken care of. We had coffee in the morning, but generally dined out for breakfast and other meals. No complaints here, and we would definitely stay here again. Thanks Fiddler's Inn for a great visit!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

So I was a little nervous about staying here after reading the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised with my room. So when I checked in the staff was a little on the rude side because they were really busy. When I got to my room I was happy to see new mattress's (still had the plastic on them) and new carpet. The room itself was clean. Yes the TVs are old, but they work well and have lots of channels. The wifi is some of the best I have seen. I do wish they had fitted bed sheets because I don't like waking up on the mattress. The housekeeping staff I ran into were very nice and helpful. I requested a microwave and fridge on the first night and second day and at the end of my 6 day stay I still hadn't received it so oh well. The property is older, if you are looking for the Hilton then go pay for one, But overall I feel this property will get you a nice night sleep at a decent price. I didn't take part in breakfast so I can't comment on it, Sorry...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business