“Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Lancaster, Ohio
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Hotel was average, beds/pillows weren't great but did the job. The Grand Ole Opry was within walking distance, across the street by the mall. Staff was friendly. I was nervous upon arrival based on reading other people's reviews, but our experience went well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lima, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The room was clean, bed was clean and comfortable. Décor is outdated but it was a clean room close to restaurants and entertainment. We walked to Opryland. There is a shuttle that picks you up $10.00 per person takes you downtown to Nashville to Broadway. Nice mall Oprymill Mall close by too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Another year's convention in Nashville means another stay at Fiddler's Inn. Walking distance to Gaylord Opryland, good room prices, wi-fi, friendly staff, lots of eating and drinking options in walking distance and a light breakfast included. As long as we keep coming to town for this convention, we'll keep staying here! It's not super-modern, but it's got all the essentials you need when traveling on business.

Room Tip: If you're interested in the breakfast, getting a room in the building with the office nets you a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from those who stay with us on a regular basis. My staff and I hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville. Thanks again for your continued business.
Mount Vernon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at Fiddlers over the weekend and was happy with my stay. I had read reviews before I booked that were horrible and I was iffy on staying there. I was pleasantly suprised. I had a good front desk experience. Staff was friendly. Room was clean. Close to places to eat and drink. Not a new place by any means. Some stuff outdated, but for the price, overall was a good experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to make each guest stay an enjoyable one. We hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Rooms should cost no more than $49. After waiting until 3:00 for the rooms to be cleaned when we got to our room it had not been cleaned. I stopped two ladies that were cleaning other rooms & they were very kind to stop & clean our room. The really bad service came from the front desk. I was getting ready to go the the Grand Ole Opry & discovered the blow dryer in the room didn't work. I called the front desk and they said they would 'see' if they could find one. After 20 minutes I'm getting worried because we need to leave soon. I called again & they told me they didn't have any extra. I told her that was pathetic and she hung up on me. Really!! Not one extra blow dryer. Never staying there again.

Room Tip: Pay a few bucks extra and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please know that your comments have been heard. I have spoken with front desk, housekeeping and maintenance to assure that other guests do not have similar complaints. Our goal is to make each guests stay an enjoyable one. I am very disappointed that did not happen in your situation. Please accept my sincere regrets.
Midlothian, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Room was quiet, the temperature was easily regulated, the bed was comfortable, the shower was hot, and the sheets/linens were clean. Very convenient to restaurants, music venues, Grayline, and a couple of interesting shops. TV and furniture were outdated and staff checked you in without smiles or comment. But at half the price of other hotels in area, it was a good value and I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay. We appreciate your business and strive to make each guests stay an enjoyable one. We hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.
Saint Cloud, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

In all my years in traveling I have never ran into a place that lied to their customers like the Fiddler Inn. The first flag should have been after I booked and asked for confirmation and they said they are not set up to do that but would send something and I never received anything. I did call and confirm that I did have a reservation. I was able to leave earlier than originally planned so I thought I stay in Louisville KY. on Friday night. But since it took longer than it was suppose too do to traffic we decided to call the Fiddler Inn and ask if they had openings for tonight. They said yes and told me the price I questioned why so much if I only was paying $71.95 for Saturday night and $79.95 for Sunday night. She explained that she would talk to her manager and see what they could do for a three night stay. They told me she would charge me the $71.95 rate for tonight. So I took it and drove from Louisville to Nashville (175 miles) only to have her raise the price back to original price. I told her I would of stay in Louisville and got a pool/hot tub than. She kept telling me that is what she quoted and after a fruitless discussion I told her I would not pay that price and left. Well not trusting her I called back (5:00am) to make sure I still had my reservation and found out she canceled them so I have no place to stay Saturday/Sunday night. I did not cancel my reservation for Saturday and Sunday night just refused to be lied to. Plus you have to give 24 hour notice to cancel or pay so why would I do that. The lady that told me that she could not straighten this mess. She told me I had to talk to the manager at 8:30am so I did only to find out that they were not cancelled. Upon check in at 2:30pm I received my bill only to find out again they changed the price again and the manager was the only on that could change it and she did. On Sunday while I was checking for a bus schedule I found out they had a free breakfast which I was never told about. Two days without hot water, reported it and received no reply and to top it off they never cleaned our room all day. If you are booking this because it has internet think twice so slow I gave up waiting for it to down load my FB Page. If I could I would give them a half star and that is only because of location.
Moral of the story is never trust a place that will never do what they promise. Sorry I am a man of my word and I expect any business to be a man of theirs. Ps forgot we stayed two nights and they never cleaned our room. If you want a place one step above tent camping here you go.

Room Tip: WATCH YOUR BILL THEY CHANGE PRICES AT WILL. If you do not mind not having Hot water. Not friendly pl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. Please know that all comments are given serious consideration. I have spoken with the front desk and housekeeping about the issues that you experienced. Again accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you encountered. We strive to make each guests stay an enjoyable one and I am certainly concerned that we failed to do so in your case. I will be working closely with the staff to see that other guests do not have experience similar issues.

Been to Fiddler's Inn North? Share your experiences!