“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars

Fiddler's Inn North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2410 Music Valley Dr, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #113 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Tampa, Florida
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed here as last minute idea to sight see in Nashville. The staff was rude, eating french fries when I checked in and talking with a mouth full. The rooms were decent but did not appear clean. The area was good but you could tell that the hotel is going down hill. A lot of fun stuff to do so it depends.

• Stayed March 2014
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I am sorry that your stay was less than acceptable. Please know that your comments have been heard and I have addressed your complaints with our Front Desk Staff. We strive to make each guest stay an enjoyable one. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology and know that actions have been taken to correct the the issues that you encountered.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

After a 30 hr flight, the last thing we want is non stop chatter right outside our ground floor room throughout the night. We paid $106 when I reserved the room that night over the phone at the airport.The reception told us the morning after that that's what happens at weekends. We were given the 2nd floor room for the next 3 nights and found the bedside lights not working and the paper coffee cups leaking. Clean and comfortable though.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel had a very friendly staff. The clerk went out of her way to correct an error made by travelocity. The room was very large with two double beds and a single bed. It was very clean. It had a coffee pot and bath shower combination. The location is excellent, close to restaurants, downtown, and the grand old oprey. A shuttle is available. There was also an elevator. Rooms have outside entrances.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband has been staying here for over 12 years when he attends an annual conference. So, we went into this year's conference with eyes wide open as to this being a Motel and he was fine with that. The treatment that we received this year, however, was unacceptable. First there was an issue with the booking of the room - the desk clerk & the 'manager' (no name given) refused to honor the web discount stating that the reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance even though this stipulation was no where on the website or on the coupon that had to be presented at check in. Okay - whatever - we went with it anyway. HUGE MISTAKE!!!!! The room phone was so static-filled that I could not hear what my husband had to say when he called me to check in. The phone was replaced in an effort to fix the issue but the horrible phone issue persisted. Next, we discovered that - despite the fact that my husband had paid for his room in CASH upon arrival - they charged our bank card for the room, forcing our account into the negative and incurring bank fee(s). Their response when asked why the charge was sent through after payment had been received "You will need to speak to your bank about that..." WHAT!?!??!! YOU are the BUSINESS that sent a pre-auth to my bank yet you want me to call the bank to see why it was sent through?!?!??! Ridiculous. Upon checking out, my husband attempted to speak to the 'manager' (who was now saying she owned the joint) to try to figure out why our card was charged after payment had been made - she WALKED AWAY from their conversation without offering any sort of explanation, apology, kiss my behind - nothing...DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have ZERO customer service skills, do not follow their own stated policies, make up policies to suit their own purposes and are rude, thoughtless & just overall icky. DON'T STAY HERE - spend the extra few bucks & stay at one of the other local hotels. Seriously. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
I am sorry that we did not meet our expectations, Coupons rooms are based on availability and must be booked 24 hours in advance. I am not the one who spoke with your husband but am sorry that we were not able to resolve his issues. Our goal is to make each guests stay an enjoyable one and I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your needs. Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay and know that all comments are given serious consideration. Again, my sincere apology for any inconveniences that you experienced.
chatsworth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to Opryland. I went on hotels.com and saw that rooms at the Fiddler's Inn was 80.00 per night, which in comparison to other hotels in the area was a better value. As usual whenever I check rates on a travel site, I then go to the hotel's own site, as usually the hotel will meet or beat the travel site's rate. I was pleased to see that by booking directly with Fiddler's Inn that the rate was 65.00 per night.
My husband and I stayed for one night. The hotel was clean and in a safe location, which was all that mattered to us. For those sensitive about décor this hotel does not appear to have gone through any major renovations since the late 70's or early 80's. The bathroom did have nice tile in the bath so it does look as if some work has been done there. The doors to a couple of the rooms looked as if they could use a fresh paint job.
They have a continental breakfast but we did not partake. When I inquired at the front desk about the offerings, she described it as a 'sugar rush' ....basically a bunch of pastries/donuts, etc, which would be fine for most, but as hubby and I have adopted healthier eating habits we were looking for fresh fruit and low sugar cereals.
We had a room with two double beds. I have seen mention of queen beds on some posts but ours was definitely double beds so not sure if there are rooms with queens as well. Parking was plentiful thanks to the fact that the inn is adjacent to a shopping complex on one side.
All in all our stay was fine and we would be willing to stay with Fiddler's again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The price was great, it is close to so many amenities, and it was clean with friendly staff. We found a coupon in a tourist type magazine, so it was even more affordable! Plus, Cracker Barrel is RIGHT NEXT DOOR! :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Nashville. We strive to make each guests stay and enjoyable one. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is our second time staying here. Of course it's not a Hilton! It works for us. The price is around $70.00 per night with a coupon that is at rest stops, restaurants etc. The staff are very friendly and they have a shuttle for $10 with unlimited rides all day to downtown Nashville. They have a small gift shop and are located right next to Cracker Barrel, a few bars, gift shops and opry mills! You can't go wrong. We will always stay here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
nancyasells, General Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay. We hope that you will tell your friends about us and hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville.

Been to Fiddler's Inn North? Share your experiences!