“Love the Fiddler's Inn!” 5 of 5 stars

Fiddler's Inn North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2410 Music Valley Dr, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #112 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Love the Fiddler's Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I just spent two nights at the Fiddler's Inn and had a blast! The location is excellent- close to restaurants, Opry Mills Mall, Opryland Hotel, the Nashville Palace, the Willie Nelson and Friends General Store and Museum, the Grand Ole Opry and other tourist attractions. The staff was friendly and the price reasonable. I saved money using an Internet Special coupon. It was clean and felt safe. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We strive to make each guests stay an enjoyable one. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Nashville,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Yes, it is an older property but we have been staying here for years. The rooms are always clean and the staff is always professional and go beyond what is expected. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job. The only reason I can figure that people would write negative reviews is if they expect Opryland Hotel amenities at Fiddlers Inn rates. I read the persons comment about urine and pubic and in 10 years and probably staying in half the rooms on the property I have never experienced anything that even comes close to what is described please people believe an often returning guest when I tell you that this is a decent hotel with hard working people!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
nancyasells, Manager at Fiddler's Inn North, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appeciate your business. We strive to make each guests stay an enjoyable one. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Nashville.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Was here for supernationals chess tournament. I have stayed in many many hotels, even motels. This is the most disgusting place ever!!! I was super excited to get a great deal as I read they were on a show called "hotel impossible" and had remodeled. DO NOT TRUST ANY OF THESE good reviews! It is probably the hotel staff writing them.

I checked in, noticed there was a bad odor in the room. The security lock was broken! The countertops were dirty and there was urine, yes dried urine and hair stuck to it around the toilet! My 7 year old son turned down the sheets and there were crumbs and pubic hair in the sheets!!! They had not been changed. It was disgusting!! I asked for another room, they had no others and I was refunded my money. I had to search for a hotel at 12 midnight for another place to stay. Ended up at the hyatt which was incredible!
The fiddlers inn charged my card for that night and would not refund the money despite me being told they were going to refund it. The manager was SOOOO rude saying I was "misinformed". Hello??!! If I was "misinformed" by one of your untrained staff you should honor the refund! So basically paid $76 to go to the hotel for 20 minutes only to look at a nasty room and be treated poorly.

Please people, do not stay here. They do not deserve anyone's business, and you as a quest do not deserve to sleep in pubic hair! Oh and I heard from a parent that stayed here for the full time that the customer service was terrible and the so called free breakfast was in one of their dirty rooms and was moldy!

Room Tip: just don't stay here. Gross!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Your reservation was booked through a third party vendor....Priceline. When reservations are made through a third party vendor we are unable to make a refund until we receive verification from the vendor. Priceline contacted the hotel and stated that your reservation was not cancelled but due to your dissatisfaction the hotel agreed to and made a full refund to your credit card. We were full and no other rooms were available or we would certainly have been glad to move you to another room. We are glad that you were able to find satisfactory accomodations and are sorry for any inconvenience that you encountered. I have spoken with both housekeeping and have been assured that all sheets are changed daily.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but Fiddler's Inn does not even meet basic requirements. Location was terrific. Priced competitively, although they don't honor advertised special (coupon on their website). Beds/pillows were acceptable. No noticeable bed bugs. There were cockroach-like critters around the windows (on inside), so be sure to shake out clothing before leaving. Only two of the room outlets worked. Coffeemaker literally fell apart on first attempt to brew a pot. These issues were simply inconveniences of a cheap hotel. The real problem is that the showers don't work at Fiddler's Inn. They run either scalding or freezing water, not a mix. Doesn't matter time of day. Management "took note" of the problem but never sent anyone up. They did not look surprised when informed of the issue. The shower knob was not broken. The system was plumbed improperly. The inability to take a warm/hot shower was a topic of discussion at continental breakfast (coffee, glazed donuts, insta-oatmeal). Beware if you are traveling with children or folks who can't maneuver to jump out of the tub quickly. They should not be unaccompanied in the tub/shower. Water will not set to warm--it shifts back and forth from freezing to scalding water hot enough to burn skin. Rinsing shampoo or conditioner is easier at the sink using a cup. Fiddler's Inn should be shut down until this serious plumbing problem is addressed. We enjoyed touring Nashville, but were glad to head home to wash.

Room Tip: Skip Fiddler's--choose a hotel or campground that provides warm/hot showers.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
tivoli
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I read the reviews here before I booked the place, so I wasn't expecting much but quite frankly the owners should either throw a couple of million dollars into it and increase the nightly fee by $20 or so dollars. Otherwise just bulldoze it down and start over. It was that bad. I can deal with old bedding, furniture tvs (irons and blowdryers that didn't work I brought my own) old bathrooms etc. BUT no hot water everyday if you took your shower during 8 am and 10 am???That was unexceptable. I loved the area and fell in love with Middle Tenn and Nashville but this place is just gross. Our room which was by the Cracker Barrel rest was loud and the garbage men came every morning at 5am and emptied the dumpsters. ( I'm sure you all know what that means). I can't really say much about the staff as when we arrived there were literally 15 people on line waiting to check in and one (yes one) person working the front desk. The whole set up is just pathetic.

Room Tip: Don't do it! Spend $20.00 more and go the Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The front desk staff was nice and the location to Oprymills is good. Other than that, however, we were very disappointed. We didn't have hot water, the dead bolt wouldn't lock, the television was outdated and had poor audio. The tub and sink were old and stained. The mattress on the king-sized bed in our room had a sink hole in the center. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very old, only half of the 2 available outlets worked, my shower was lukewarm, we had to fight with the door to open and when our key wouldn't work and we went to the front desk, the attendant seemed as if we were bothering her! And for some reason, it looked like someone had taken a shower when we arrived, why was it wet??? And I seriously underestimated the importance of the tip of the iron until I used theirs (with the tip broken off). The bed seemed comfortable enough, but we did have long days and the housekeeping pleasantly greeted us when we saw her. It was probably cleaner than it appeared but the rusted mix-match hangers, popcorn ceiling and lint ridden comforter didn't help. Oh, and if not for our phones, we would have had to use a sundial because the time on the clock and tv were wrong. However it was close to our convention, restaurants and souvenir stores. It did however serve its purpose of a bed and shower.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Fiddler's Inn North? Share your experiences!