“A great place to stay, but needs new management!” 3 of 5 stars

Family Inns of America Nashville
3430 Percy Priest Drive, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #138 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
texas
“A great place to stay, but needs new management!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

My family and I were traveling to Nashville from Texas and found Family Inns of America on the internet and thought " that seems like a family friendly enviroment". Upon arriving we checked in with the manager Linda, I believe was her name. We wanted to stay for a week, to have a chance to see the sights and relax on our vacation. We were told by the manager " this is not a place for children so I do not rent weekly rooms to families". As we were horribly offended but exhausted we decided to stay the night anyway. The room was pleasant, and our stay was actually quite nice. The next day we checked out and decided to return after our day of sightseeing, because pretty much every where else was full. When we checked in the desk clerks name was Ann, and she was wonderful to us, very apologetic for the way her manager behaved. We ended up paying for 4 more days to round out our trip because of this wonderful staff member. We were also very impressed with the night clerk, Tracey, she went out of her way to get us clean linen in the middle of the night, when our baby had an accident. She offered to help us clean up and make our beds for us, but we really felt bad that we had to interrupt her paperwork, so we thanked her and let her get back to the desk. She was also very apologetic about her managers comments, and was really trying to make up for the bad start of our visit to this hotel. She even remembered to ask if he was feeling better the next morning when we saw her, as she was ending her shift. One thing I feel I do need to mention about the housekeeping staff is if you want service at all during your stay, you have to actually catch them outside and ask for clean linens and things or you will not ever see them. Unfortunately, we found this out on our last day. We were able to get our rooms tidied up but always by Ann or Tracey by calling them when they were on the front desk. All in all we dealt with pretty much everyone there and If you stay away from ALL the housekeeping staff ( they are extremely rude, and always look like they hate their jobs ) and the manager, I would reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing place to stay with extremely customer service orriented staff. Also try to check in when Ann or Tracey are working as they will do everything they can to help you have an enjoyable stay. Also I reccomend trying the mexican restaurant right down the street La Hacienda, the maintenance man Brian ( I think is his name ) told us about it and we LOVED it. Most of the staff at Family Inns of America completely make up for the 1 star rooms and the rest of the staff who as far as I can tell do not serve any purpose other than irritating the guests. I believe if this place had better Management it could be rated as at least a 2-3 star hotel, the rooms are huge and could really be beautiful if the right attitudes were applied. It is hard to set a rating for this hotel, so I am gonna break it up a little. I set a rating of 3 stars for the hotel itself, a rating of less than 1 star for management, a rating of 2 for housekeeping ( because they will do they're jobs eventually, even though they are not happy about it ) And a rating of 5 stars for the rest of the staff who were extemely helpful and really did care that we had a nice stay. So a big THANK YOU to them!

• Liked — Friendly Desk Clerks who went out of they way to ensure a pleasant stay, despite the managers efforts.
  • Disliked — The management.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
familyinnnashville, Webmaster at Family Inns of America Nashville, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m pleased that you found our hotel, but I’m sorry that our staff let you down once you arrived. We take pride in this hotel and the staffing and have made a number of changes to both. You’ll find a pleasant, family-friendly atmosphere if you visit again. I apologize to you again that you experienced some failing during your visit and assure you that won’t happen again.

Hotel Manager

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)

Been to Family Inns of America Nashville? Share your experiences!